Quentin Tarantino threatened by police unions

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
You've seen "the Kill Bill movies and Django Unchained. Now you get to meet the guy who directed those hits and other top films. Quentin Taratino is that man ;and, now he has become the center of controversy after attending a rally in New York City where he denounced killer Cops as murderers.

The trouble is that free speech isn't so free in America, even if you tell the truth, depending of course on who is offended by it. This time it was the cops and their union.

Some police unions have called for boycotting Tarantino's next film but the head of the F.O.P has taken it further. He insists that a surprise awaits tarantino and that it is going to hit him in the pocketbook.

Now i ask you, is this right? Should the police unions be so bold as to threaten a
US citizen who is not afraid to voice his concerns about the recent police shootings of unarmed people? I don't think so. We need more people like Tarantino to stand up for truth and justice.Someone has to do it or this country WILL become a police state.

I agree there will be a surprise, but it won't be at Tarantino's expense. I expect the Blacks, Hispanics and White people who have needlessly lost family members to police gunfire while unarmed will galvanize behind Tarantino and support him. I believe the majority of Americans will put jim Pasco and other police union heads in their place if they attempt to disrupt or harass this man in any way. He speaks for a lot of people!

Head Of Country's Largest Police Union Says He Has 'Surprise' For Quentin Tarantino

Tarantino is a tard.

That , nevertheless, does not rob him of his rights to free speech as an American citizen.
Besides, you can only dream of being as rich as that "tard" is!

Stop trying to make people think Tarantino's first amendment rights are being taken away. That's bullshit.

Stop trying to make people think Tarantino's first amendment rights are being taken away. That's bullshit.

Civil rights to be more legalistic:

>> Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death. << -- 18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law

Like those who scream that all cops are corrupt, racist, etc...but then call them when a bush shakes outside their window.

>> Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death. << -- 18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law
What's your point?

What's your point?

Defining terms.

You're welcome.

What's your point?

Defining terms.

You're welcome.
Why?

Like those who scream that all cops are corrupt, racist, etc...but then call them when a bush shakes outside their window.

Never seen anyone claim that Gracie.
How about all the people in Ferguson who think cops are out to get them, but who did they call when shit went down?

And didn't Al Sharpton call the cops on someone? I don't remember. Not the point. Point is..those who claim they hate cops, all are corrupt, etc etc etc...CALL THEM when they get scared. Kinda hypocritical, isn't it?

No one issvaying all cops are corrupt but too often corrupt cops are protected by their fellow cops. It is an US vs THEM scenario and they have the backing of local courts and a gun.

Hopefully, when we do have to call a cop we cross our fingers and wish for a "good" one!

Never seen anyone claim that Gracie.
How about all the people in Ferguson who think cops are out to get them, but who did they call when shit went down?

And didn't Al Sharpton call the cops on someone? I don't remember. Not the point. Point is..those who claim they hate cops, all are corrupt, etc etc etc...CALL THEM when they get scared. Kinda hypocritical, isn't it?

See post #14

I've never called the cops for anything, and I don't plan to, either. There are other people to call when shit goes down... people I trust, people I can actually depend on to get the job done. That, or I just handle things myself.

Free speech can have consequences
No one issvaying all cops are corrupt but too often corrupt cops are protected by their fellow cops. It is an US vs THEM scenario and they have the backing of local courts and a gun.

Hopefully, when we do have to call a cop we cross our fingers and wish for a "good" one!

What he said ^^. And (edit) what she said, post 16. Perfectly expressed.

I don't know Sharpton (asshole) or anyone in Ferguson. But I've never seen or heard anyone claim "all" cops are corrupt, racist, etc. And if I do I'll call them out for a blanket generalization fallacy.

But I'll tell you this -- I'll never call the cops if it can be avoided, no matter what the situation. I know I pay for them with taxes, but It just ain't worth the risk.

Is that what you think I am trying to do,make people think Tarantino's first amendment rights are being taken away? First of all, his rights can only be taken away under due process if he is convicted of a crime so your straw fiction fails. Surely you can't be ignorant enough to believe
the FOP could take his rights away...er... can you???

I guess we are lucky in our neck of the woods. We love our Sheriffs department. Town next to us love their city police. Town the other way loves their police AND chp.

Is that what you think I am trying to do,make people think Tarantino's first amendment rights are being taken away? First of all, his rights can only be taken away under due process if he is convicted of a crime so your straw fiction fails. Surely you can't be ignorant enough to believe
the FOP could take his rights away...er... can you???

Nobody take his rights away ...Wtf are you taking about? He's a public figure ,he says stupid things, he should pay the price for it. I hope his movie looses money

Forum List

Back