Quarantines are basically ineffective

Unless you place every individual
In a bubble for months at a time. The mathematical potential for rate of increase works both ways. If you consider the inverse proportionality of the natural logarithm then you understand the massive efforts at isolation are effective up until just under three contacts per person. After that the exponential rate of decrease flat lines. What does this mean? It means that anyone who is contagious who has been in contact with at least four people has completely defeated the idea of quarantine. I'm guessing that's just about everyone who's caught the virus. At this point the quarantine only becomes a feel good measure that will have no actual results on the rate of contagion. The only real way to combat the spread is to develop an effective vaccine.
I would agree. At this point, it is spread so widely, that it will be utterly impossible to quarantine enough people to prevent further spreading.
Trump gets a pass from his minions..., AGAIN. MASA!!!
What are you smoking? What does Trump have to do with this? This is how we know the left-wing is brain damaged. Every time something completely unrelated happens, somehow you tie it to Trump, as if Trump is running around the airport testing people getting off the plane by hand.
A taste of your own medicine isn't much fun, is it? Two words...Obama...Ebola.

Obama Ebola?
Did people blame Obama for Ebola?
Well, I guess someone somewhere did.... but that makes you no better than them, doesn't it? Is that really how you want to be? No better than the people who are complaining against?

Regardless I never thought Obama had anything to do with Ebola. So it matters not to me.
Yes, they did blame him for Ebola....

The tweets are still up.......

and the receipts are still up on this very message board.....I told yall, Trumpers hate memory....

Ebola hysterics = Obama bashing

Last edited:
In a bubble for months at a time.

The mathematical potential for rate of increase works both ways. If you consider the inverse proportionality of the natural logarithm then you understand the massive efforts at isolation are effective up until just under three contacts per person. After that the exponential rate of decrease flat lines. What does this mean? It means that anyone who is contagious who has been in contact with at least four people has completely defeated the idea of quarantine. I'm guessing that's just about everyone who's caught the virus.

At this point the quarantine becomes simply a feel good measure that will have no actual results on the rate of contagion. The only real way to combat the spread is to develop an effective vaccine.

Jo
I agree. Because of the lack of available testing we have no idea how far this has spread already.
Yeah....lack of testing.
Meanwhile you support things that only make the spread of disease worse. (Open borders, sanctuary cities, etc.)

The stupid part about the testing is that it only indicates your current condition.
You can test clean then promptly walk out the door and contact the virus.

Jo
Which means it's Trump's fault due to lack of testing.
We need to be tested every hour on the hour.
It would be nice if you could be tested at all
IKR? Orange Proselytes.

I would agree. At this point, it is spread so widely, that it will be utterly impossible to quarantine enough people to prevent further spreading.
What are you smoking? What does Trump have to do with this? This is how we know the left-wing is brain damaged. Every time something completely unrelated happens, somehow you tie it to Trump, as if Trump is running around the airport testing people getting off the plane by hand.

Obama Ebola?
Well, I guess someone somewhere did.... but that makes you no better than them, doesn't it? Is that really how you want to be? No better than the people who are complaining against?

Regardless I never thought Obama had anything to do with Ebola. So it matters not to me.

and the receipts are still up on this very message board.....I told yall, Trumpers hate memory....

Will Obama Use Ebola Threat To Impose Martial Law?

Obama Ebola?

Sure, I'll take your word for it.

Still doesn't change the fact that I didn't.

Nevertheless, again, you are just proving that you are no better than the Trumpers. Is that what you want?

The mathematical potential for rate of increase works both ways. If you consider the inverse proportionality of the natural logarithm then you understand the massive efforts at isolation are effective up until just under three contacts per person. After that the exponential rate of decrease flat lines. What does this mean? It means that anyone who is contagious who has been in contact with at least four people has completely defeated the idea of quarantine. I'm guessing that's just about everyone who's caught the virus.

At this point the quarantine becomes simply a feel good measure that will have no actual results on the rate of contagion. The only real way to combat the spread is to develop an effective vaccine.

Jo

Nearly everyone will be exposed to it at some point. The isolation/quarantine is really just to stagger the times when people will get sick. We can’t have everyone get sick at the same time, it would slam our healthcare system.

Jo

Nearly everyone will be exposed to it at some point. The isolation/quarantine is really just to stagger the times when people will get sick. We can’t have everyone get sick at the same time, it would slam our healthcare system.

Exactly. The only value is to delay spread. And the only value to that, is the hopes that they can come up with a vaccine, *OR* that humans will slowly develop a resistance.

But if there is any myth floating around that any amount of government control is going to stop this thing from spreading. It will eventually cover the world, and I would wager pop up like the flu every now and then, seasonally I would guess.

I see that they are having a illegal gathering at these press conferences. Why Pres.Trump will not use Skype for these conferences? And then put these conferences meetings live on T.V. He don't need an live audience.
All of those reporters and the camera creww spreading their infectious body order to one another in that small little room.

Forum List

Back