Putin's Answer To Obama

BUSH INVADED IRAQ and stayed there for the better part of a term and a half only to hand it over to Obama.

yes!! ignorant people elected obama who is clueless on everything!!! just clueless!!!

Bush started not one but 2 pointless wars and handed them to Obama. When was the last time a President was handed two wars? He started the Afghan war to get Bin Laden and failed miserably. Why would people vote for another Republican after these disasters?

I thought that the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon were reason enough to attack the country where they were planned and prevent it from happening again. Apparently you think it should have been overlooked.

You can forget CNN as an unbiased news source folks

Just consider it the station that pimps for Obama

CNN= the commie news network

Bush started not one but 2 pointless wars and handed them to Obama. When was the last time a President was handed two wars? He started the Afghan war to get Bin Laden and failed miserably. Why would people vote for another Republican after these disasters?

Bush did not start the Afghanistan war that was started by Bin Laden officially on 9-11-2001 but in reality it had been going on before Bush ever came into office with the first WTC attack, the attack on the U.S.S. Cole, and embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania it took the 2001 attack for the nation to finally wake up and realize war had been declared on us. While the Iraq war was a mistake we did have Iraq in a position to have a good chance of being a stable democracy by the time Bush left office but the Obama administration could not work out a status of forces extension agreement and all our troops were pulled out creating a power vacuum which has been filled by Al-Qaeda returning and radicals being backed by Iran. It's fair to criticize the Bush administration for the Iraq decision but that decision does not make sitting on the sideline and taking a almost isolationist tone to international problems a wise one.

Bin Laden wasn't the leader of Afghanistan. Heck for all we know he was in Pakistan the whole time. We didn't have to start a huge war just to kill Bin Laden, Obama showed that. Most of the terrorists were Saudi's, so we attack Afghanistan?

Bin Laden was under the protection of the Taliban in Afghanistan. Most informed people knew that.

It wasn't a huge war until Obama tripled the number of troops and doubled the Ameiricans KIA in Afghanistan.

If corruption wasn't the reason Ukrainians were fed up, can you answer one small question - what was Yanukovych's salary as president?

Yanukovich is highly corrupted!
And it is true that people started protesting against him.
But that were not ordinary civilians who made him and his people run away. That were not civilian protesters who threw stones and fire bottles to policemen, that were terrorists of The Right Sector...organisation prepared and trained by american secret services.
Even more - many ukranians knew that uprising is planned for June/July, but it happened earlier.

Yanukovich was a very good reason to start the unrest.

But isn't there exist a democratic way of ousting the president - impichment. That was had to be done. And there were not 100 deaths in Kiev...burning administrative buildings and russian forces in Crimea.

In fact, interim ukranian government is not legal. It was not elected. Those people are those who used uprising for getting their chairs.
I cannot understand why US&EU leaders do not pay attention on that.

Are you saying that President Obama ordered the CIA to depose Yanukovych? - "organisation prepared and trained by american secret services."

If it is this is an incredible revelation! Obama ordered a coup!

I guess I have to believe you. :cuckoo:

US and EU politics do not want to understand some facts:
- Russia doesn't want to look badly for all other countries and trying to move carefully as everyone in the world still think about Russia as about USSR;
- Russia is not building newUSSR, but is trying to rise its economy which was deeply mixed with the economy of former soviet republics. When EU joins other countries it is called integration, but when Russia does the same it is called building of terrible Russian Empire;
- Ukraine and Russia - is the only nation which was divided by politic affairs about 150 years ago. We still do not know how to identify if you are russian or ukranian... Thousands of families live partially in Ukrain and Russia. As a result we'll never fight to each other.

EU and USA are in war against Russia. Information war. A lot of false information about Russia in american mass media.
American media is not known for recognizing that other countries even exist. It takes something like this to mention anything and it will quickly go back to the Oscar awards or some mind numbed subject.

It's good to hear other perspectives but you must also realize that Russia tends to rule with an iron fist. It isn't exactly like the EU. Once they take over the Ukraine what freedoms will Ukraine enjoy?

Bush-Miss-Me-Yet-300x225.jpg

Why in the world would we miss that putz?
Obama.

I've looked through a few pages of this thread, and I don't see any ideas about what Obama can do about this.

The UN, isn't going to do shit, of course. What, exactly, is Obama supposed to do?

Certainly your idea of flailing his arms in the air and saying there is nothing he can do is certainly an interesting route. I assume you came to that conclusion because of his history of inaction, or wrong action. Any way there is always something that can be done it just needs thought out. War is expensive and if we can make it more expensive and less profitable to the Russians they may back down. We should at least ask for our reset button back.

Here are 8 ideas from Politico, there is more to them in the article.

First, President Obama should speak unequivocally and call this what it is: a military invasion.

Second, President Obama should dispatch Secretary of State John Kerry and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to Kiev to show U.S. support for Ukraine’s transitional government, and urge our allies in the European Union and NATO to send representatives there as well.

Third, the United States should rally our allies to boycott this June’s G-8 summit in Sochi, Russia.

Fourth, any and all discussions and negotiations with Moscow on any issue unrelated to this crisis, including trade and other matters, should be immediately suspended.

Fifth, the U.S. and our allies should put forward a condemnatory resolution in the United Nations Security Council. A Russian or Chinese veto would make clear to the world the hypocrisy of these governments, since they say they oppose foreign intervention into the affairs of sovereign countries—unless of course they are the ones intervening.

Sixth, we should renew a push for eventual membership in NATO by the Republic of Georgia and aim to provide the country with some of the defensive capabilities the Georgians have requested ever since they were invaded by Russia in 2008.

Seventh, the Obama administration should immediately add more Russian officials to the Magnitsky list, which places travel bans and other sanctions on them – something President Obama failed to do in December.

Finally, in the Senate, Majority Leader Harry Reid should immediately halt his effort to force a Senate vote on Rose Gottemoeller next week to be under secretary of state for arms control and international security.

Read more: 8 Steps Obama Must Take to Punish Russia - Marco Rubio - POLITICO Magazine

yes!! ignorant people elected obama who is clueless on everything!!! just clueless!!!

I thought that the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon were reason enough to attack the country where they were planned and prevent it from happening again. Apparently you think it should have been overlooked.

Liberals just make stuff up. The Afghanistan war was not started to get OBL. It was to remove the Taliban government that was really doing bad things to the country and supporting the terrorists that perpetrated 9/11. We did that years ago. OBL would have been a prize and after Tora Bora we heard little, if anything, from him. So he was effectively neutralized. All objectives were met in both Afghanistan and Iraq well before Obama took office. What the hell we are still doing in Afghanistan is anyone's guess. Especially when the CIC states it has been a failure. Iraq, was given a present from the American people. We removed a despot that was killing them and his awful sons. They now have a democracy where they get to vote on whom represents them. If they blow it that is on them not us. We left them at relative peace. We didn't steal their oil. Their future is up to the Iraqi people.

"The developments follow an appeal by the Prime Minister of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Sergey Aksyonov, who requested that Russia to help cope with the crisis and ensure 'peace and calm' in the region.

"The tension in Crimea escalated following an attempt to seize the building of the local Interior Ministry by gunmen overnight.

"Russia’s Foreign Ministry condemned the move in a statement, blaming the new authorities in Kiev for intending to 'destabilize the situation on the peninsula.'

"Meanwhile, self-proclaimed Ukrainian Acting President Aleksandr Turchinov has signed a decree ruling that appointment of the pro-Russia premier in Crimea is “illegal.”

"Aksyonov, who is the leader of Crimea’s Russian Unity party, was appointed as the new Prime Minister of the autonomy after the Crimean Supreme Council dismissed the regional government. Peace and order in the region has been maintained by local armed self-defense squads, which were widely misreported as Russian troops on Friday."

Putin is currently looking at multiple NATO states on Ukraine's western border while being lectured by those responsible for the recent coup in Kiev to avoid taiking "provocative action".

What action would the US take if Putin was destabilizing Mexico?

Putin: Russian citizens, troops threatened in Ukraine, need armed forces? protection ? RT News

How is the west destabilizing the Ukraine. The Ukranians are the ones requesting we keep our word and defend them from attack. I get Putin's view and he can have Crimea...hell, I can somewhat respect him for coming to the aid of his supporters. In the end, the Ukraine is gonna be split to avoid war and save face for all involved.
FWIW, I think you're right.
Ukrainians will have to decide their collective future at the ballot box.
I was trying to remind everyone of the pledge HW Bush made when he left office: namely, that NATO would not expand one inch to the east after the collapse of communism. Currently, there are three NATO states on Ukraine's western border. It's widely believed by many Ukrainians that the protests in the western part of their country were organized by the CIA, the US State Department, and EU-financed NGOs because of Yanukovych's decision to not join the EU.

As nearly as I can tell, the first Truth to determine in this matter is whether it was Putin or the EU who gave Yanukovych an ultimatum which stated a tripartite agreement was not possible; according to Russian speakers in eastern Ukraine, Putin offered to cooperate with the EU in Ukraine's financial rescue, and the EU refused. I've heard the exact opposite account in my local media.

Stay tuned?

Hell I remember when Democrats would the be ones leading the charge. Anyone think Henry Scoop Jackson would be sitting by and letting Putin run over the Ukraine?

the Russians are not going to give up their pretty much only

warm water navel port
What is a navel port? Some medical procedure?
Odessa has not been part of Russia for 20 years. So they obviously did and you are obviously wrong.

Hell I remember when Democrats would the be ones leading the charge. Anyone think Henry Scoop Jackson would be sitting by and letting Putin run over the Ukraine?

warm water navel port
What is a navel port? Some medical procedure?
Odessa has not been part of Russia for 20 years. So they obviously did and you are obviously wrong.

actually i am not wrong

Where are the Russian bases?

The main one is the fleet headquarters and naval infantry brigade headquarters at Sevastopol. There are four coastal missile regiments, four different bases. There are at least a dozen active bases on the Crimea. Some are just communication towers. Others are real bases. For example, there are several air bases.

Russian forces in Ukraine: What does the Black Sea Fleet in Crimea look like? - The Washington Post

warm water navel port

Yes, and neither would we if we were in their shoes. We would be doing exactly the same thing they are if Texas, say, violently tried to secede.

I've looked through a few pages of this thread, and I don't see any ideas about what Obama can do about this.

The UN, isn't going to do shit, of course. What, exactly, is Obama supposed to do?

Certainly your idea of flailing his arms in the air and saying there is nothing he can do is certainly an interesting route. I assume you came to that conclusion because of his history of inaction, or wrong action. Any way there is always something that can be done it just needs thought out. War is expensive and if we can make it more expensive and less profitable to the Russians they may back down. We should at least ask for our reset button back.

Here are 8 ideas from Politico, there is more to them in the article.

First, President Obama should speak unequivocally and call this what it is: a military invasion.

Second, President Obama should dispatch Secretary of State John Kerry and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to Kiev to show U.S. support for Ukraine’s transitional government, and urge our allies in the European Union and NATO to send representatives there as well.

Third, the United States should rally our allies to boycott this June’s G-8 summit in Sochi, Russia.

Fourth, any and all discussions and negotiations with Moscow on any issue unrelated to this crisis, including trade and other matters, should be immediately suspended.

Fifth, the U.S. and our allies should put forward a condemnatory resolution in the United Nations Security Council. A Russian or Chinese veto would make clear to the world the hypocrisy of these governments, since they say they oppose foreign intervention into the affairs of sovereign countries—unless of course they are the ones intervening.

Sixth, we should renew a push for eventual membership in NATO by the Republic of Georgia and aim to provide the country with some of the defensive capabilities the Georgians have requested ever since they were invaded by Russia in 2008.

Seventh, the Obama administration should immediately add more Russian officials to the Magnitsky list, which places travel bans and other sanctions on them – something President Obama failed to do in December.

Finally, in the Senate, Majority Leader Harry Reid should immediately halt his effort to force a Senate vote on Rose Gottemoeller next week to be under secretary of state for arms control and international security.

Read more: 8 Steps Obama Must Take to Punish Russia - Marco Rubio - POLITICO Magazine

Rubio is not helping himself here in my eyes....

example;

BhpgKJvCIAEES_G.jpg:large

hes already got troops etc. all over the place. And he has an agreement with Ukraine as he pays rent for use of the bases etc..

dispatching anyone and obamas sppt. for the transitional government is a blessing of what amounts to a coup. Yanukovych was elected in clean elections, legally etc.

adding more names to the Magnitsky list just submarines American/Russia adoption cooperation etc. without any appreciable effect.

Georgia is a dead issue, obama helped blow that back in 08 to make a point on the campaign trail.

"The developments follow an appeal by the Prime Minister of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Sergey Aksyonov, who requested that Russia to help cope with the crisis and ensure 'peace and calm' in the region.

"The tension in Crimea escalated following an attempt to seize the building of the local Interior Ministry by gunmen overnight.

"Russia’s Foreign Ministry condemned the move in a statement, blaming the new authorities in Kiev for intending to 'destabilize the situation on the peninsula.'

"Meanwhile, self-proclaimed Ukrainian Acting President Aleksandr Turchinov has signed a decree ruling that appointment of the pro-Russia premier in Crimea is “illegal.”

"Aksyonov, who is the leader of Crimea’s Russian Unity party, was appointed as the new Prime Minister of the autonomy after the Crimean Supreme Council dismissed the regional government. Peace and order in the region has been maintained by local armed self-defense squads, which were widely misreported as Russian troops on Friday."

Putin is currently looking at multiple NATO states on Ukraine's western border while being lectured by those responsible for the recent coup in Kiev to avoid taiking "provocative action".

What action would the US take if Putin was destabilizing Mexico?

Putin: Russian citizens, troops threatened in Ukraine, need armed forces? protection ? RT News

How is the west destabilizing the Ukraine. The Ukranians are the ones requesting we keep our word and defend them from attack. I get Putin's view and he can have Crimea...hell, I can somewhat respect him for coming to the aid of his supporters. In the end, the Ukraine is gonna be split to avoid war and save face for all involved.
FWIW, I think you're right.
Ukrainians will have to decide their collective future at the ballot box.
I was trying to remind everyone of the pledge HW Bush made when he left office: namely, that NATO would not expand one inch to the east after the collapse of communism. Currently, there are three NATO states on Ukraine's western border. It's widely believed by many Ukrainians that the protests in the western part of their country were organized by the CIA, the US State Department, and EU-financed NGOs because of Yanukovych's decision to not join the EU.

As nearly as I can tell, the first Truth to determine in this matter is whether it was Putin or the EU who gave Yanukovych an ultimatum which stated a tripartite agreement was not possible; according to Russian speakers in eastern Ukraine, Putin offered to cooperate with the EU in Ukraine's financial rescue, and the EU refused. I've heard the exact opposite account in my local media.

Stay tuned?

agreed, Stephen Cohen is a russo-phile and expert on the region, teaches at NYU, I was listening to him the other night, last Nov. Putin offered to work on a 3 way deal.

They need to let their gov. mechanisms work, if the Parliament and pres. agrees to a Russian deal, then next election and in parliamentary elections they can vote them out or......not.

Forum List

Back