Put 15 Million Back to Work by November 2012

Congratulations, D-Man.

I'm going back to Community College in 5 weeks.
Just finished a five week pre-Algebra course.

Did you know Algebra comes from the Arabic al-jabr meaning "the reduction"?

Naah.
Dismissed.
What classes are you going to take? Something that will help you get a job, or some feel-good leftist crap that qualifies you only for a job in the food service industry?
"education (plural educations)

"The process or art of imparting knowledge, skill and judgment

"A good teacher is essential for a good education...

"The educations our children receive depend on their economic status."

I feel like I've done my time as a wage slave.
You're going to be a teacher?

Lord God, help us all.
Right now, I'm registered in Beginning Algebra (did you know the Arabs got Algebra from the Communists?)...
No, they didn't. What idiot told you that? Your algebra instructor? :rofl:

He lied. Get your money back.
...English 101, Political Science and Economics.

What about you?

education - Wiktionary
Welding. Good demand for them around here, and I've always wanted to learn. Want to build furniture, art, maybe a car.

What classes are you going to take? Something that will help you get a job, or some feel-good leftist crap that qualifies you only for a job in the food service industry?

Lord God, help us all.
Right now, I'm registered in Beginning Algebra (did you know the Arabs got Algebra from the Communists?)...

What about you?

education - Wiktionary
Welding. Good demand for them around here, and I've always wanted to learn. Want to build furniture, art, maybe a car.
Welding?

In my worst nightmares I saw you charting a course into politics via law school.
I suspect you would be a formidible welder or lawyer.
'Hope it all works out the way you planned. (except for the 2012 elections)

What's your professional opinion of "Michael Hudson... former Wall Street economist.

I'm not familiar with him.

"Democracies tended to polarize economically (mainly between creditors and debtors) into oligarchies.

"These in turn tended to make themselves into hereditary aristocracies.

He sounds like a Marxist nutjob.
Hudson was quoting Plato, right?

"Plato’s dialogues made clear that rather than viewing societies as democracies or oligarchies, it was best to view them in motion. Democracies tended to polarize economically (mainly between creditors and debtors) into oligarchies."

Isn't it reasonable to assume over generations Democracies would polarize along creditor and debtor lines?

Michael Hudson: Obama's Ambush on Entitlements

So?

Isn't it reasonable to assume over generations Democracies would polarize along creditor and debtor lines?

No.

The reason that systems that guarantee privilege, caste systems, aristocracy, etc. develop is the fact that in a market economy, polarization cannot be maintained. Murray Rothbard coined the phrase "from shirt tails to shirt tails in three generations." Dr. Rothbard demonstrated the way that an entrepreneur would create a fortune with cleverness and hard work. The progeny would attempt to maintain the fortune, to some success, but by the third generation, the cleverness and motivation that made the fortune possible would be gone and the great grandchildren would slip right back into the pool of the masses.

In economics, the irrefutable truth is that any system save Laissez Faire Capitalism exists for the express purpose of taking the fruits of the labor of one person by force of violence and giving it to another. The public is cynically manipulated as pawns to support the aims of those who seek larceny as a means of wealth.

"Men of good will, of honor, who seeking justice; trade that which has value for that which they desire in equal measure." - Adam Smith

So no, it is not reasonable to assume, nor to accept. "The divine right of kings," "The Greater Good," "Too Big to Fail," these are all the battle cries of looters who seek to take by force that which they did not earn.

Lord God, help us all.

What about you?

education - Wiktionary
Welding?

In my worst nightmares I saw you charting a course into politics via law school.
I suspect you would be a formidible welder or lawyer.
'Hope it all works out the way you planned. (except for the 2012 elections)
Thanks. I've never been interested in the law. I enjoy doing work that engages my mind as well as my hands.

If you're seriously considering creating a car, I think that's guaranteed to engage your mind and hands.(I think the first diesel engine ran on peanut oil?)

I read once about an automotive engineer employed to completely disassemble the competitions' product...reverse engineering, I guess. Anyway, he took his family on vacation, and when he returned home, his co-workers had totally disassembled his wife's car and left the thousands of parts attached to the wall of his garage.

He reassembled the car by himself. (or so the story goes)

Come to think of it...you might fit in well with those people.

So?

No.

The reason that systems that guarantee privilege, caste systems, aristocracy, etc. develop is the fact that in a market economy, polarization cannot be maintained. Murray Rothbard coined the phrase "from shirt tails to shirt tails in three generations." Dr. Rothbard demonstrated the way that an entrepreneur would create a fortune with cleverness and hard work. The progeny would attempt to maintain the fortune, to some success, but by the third generation, the cleverness and motivation that made the fortune possible would be gone and the great grandchildren would slip right back into the pool of the masses.

In economics, the irrefutable truth is that any system save Laissez Faire Capitalism exists for the express purpose of taking the fruits of the labor of one person by force of violence and giving it to another. The public is cynically manipulated as pawns to support the aims of those who seek larceny as a means of wealth.

"Men of good will, of honor, who seeking justice; trade that which has value for that which they desire in equal measure." - Adam Smith

So no, it is not reasonable to assume, nor to accept. "The divine right of kings," "The Greater Good," "Too Big to Fail," these are all the battle cries of looters who seek to take by force that which they did not earn.
Rothbard's labeling the state as "a gang of thieves writ large" and the locus of the most immoral, grasping and unscrupulous individuals in any society reminds me of an idea I found on Solari.com:

Paraphrasing, for the last 500 years, the only thing worse for any politician than getting caught doing business with organized crime is to lose control of the revenue streams generated by criminal activity.

The Solari Report Blog | The Solari Report Blog

There's certainly no shortage of looters currently at work in this country.

If you're seriously considering creating a car, I think that's guaranteed to engage your mind and hands.(I think the first diesel engine ran on peanut oil?)

I read once about an automotive engineer employed to completely disassemble the competitions' product...reverse engineering, I guess. Anyway, he took his family on vacation, and when he returned home, his co-workers had totally disassembled his wife's car and left the thousands of parts attached to the wall of his garage.

I've been looking at something like this:

32225360001_large.jpg

32225360001_large.jpg
That would be beyond awesome.

What fuel would it run on?

It's a work of art.

How long would it take to build the first one?

32225360001_large.jpg
That would be beyond awesome.

What fuel would it run on?

It's a work of art.

How long would it take to build the first one?

Gorgeous, ain't it? It would run on whatever fuel the engine you put in it requires. I'd like to use a Chevy 350. :tongue:

Some guys take years. Here's a forum for builders: LocostUSA.com • Index page

Might I suggest a windshield?

That car would be well worth a few years effort.
I think I had a 350 in a '70 Malibu once upon a time.
396 was the popular choice in those days, but gas was a lot cheaper.

Are you planning to race it?

Might I suggest a windshield?
:lol: Yes, I plan on one. There are no rules, other than what your state DMV insists upon. Some states don't require windshields.
That car would be well worth a few years effort.
I think I had a 350 in a '70 Malibu once upon a time.
396 was the popular choice in those days, but gas was a lot cheaper.
Schweeet. :thup:
Are you planning to race it?
No, just want a cruiser. Drive in the local parades. Drive some twisty turny roads. Have fun. :)

I think having fun will come naturally from driving a car like the one pictured.
Where are you planning to build it?

I haven't driven since '93.
Don't drink and drive...I ignored that advice for decades. but when it caught up with me, it came down like a hammer. I'm very lucky I didn't kill or seriously injure someone when I was behind the wheel of my '76 Seville.

I'm also glad we found a subject we can talk about without my blood pressure spiking.
Thank-you, D-Man.

I think having fun will come naturally from driving a car like the one pictured.
Where are you planning to build it?
In the garage I don't have yet. :lol:
I haven't driven since '93.
Don't drink and drive...I ignored that advice for decades. but when it caught up with me, it came down like a hammer. I'm very lucky I didn't kill or seriously injure someone when I was behind the wheel of my '76 Seville.
Dang. Lucky indeed.
I'm also glad we found a subject we can talk about without my blood pressure spiking.
Thank-you, D-Man.
:beer:

It's funny how I go months without even thinking about driving, yet when I think back 20 years (where the hell did THEY go?) I could not have imagined ever being without a car at that time.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I heard advice for decades about what I should do if I ever received my first DUI. I was told by several different drunks that if I got that first one, I would get another almost immediately.

It took less than one week.
Within a year I had #3.

After pleading guilty a second time to driving on a suspended license a judge told me if I came back to court he would see I got a year in state prison. In less than 12 hours a deputy pulled behind me while I was on the way to a nearby store.

When I came out of that store the deputy was waiting in a pouring rain.
Apparently he had run my plates.
I was having a lot of trouble thinking about anything except what the judge said

There were three of us in the car.
Two of us had suspended licenses.
The third drunk was an epileptic who swore he could drive "real good."

He couldn't, and when he pulled out of the parking lot he was on the wrong side of the road and headed straight toward the deputy's cruiser.
I sold the car within days and haven't looked back.

I hope you get that garage soon, D-Man.
Keep me posted on your project.

The voters in 2012 will judge the Tea Party. They have soiled the credit rating of the United States and have held those who cannot afford the loss of even one Social Security check hostage. They made their point and have seen to deep cuts in social programs, and yet they are not happy.

Their favorible rating will take another big drop after their "Comedy in the House."

The voters in 2012 will judge the Tea Party. They have soiled the credit rating of the United States and have held those who cannot afford the loss of even one Social Security check hostage. They made their point and have seen to deep cuts in social programs, and yet they are not happy.

Their favorible rating will take another big drop after their "Comedy in the House."
Do you see Obama's base turning out in the same numbers as they did in 2008?

How would you get the 30% to 40% of eligible voters who usually don't bother participating to show up and vote in 2010?

It's funny how I go months without even thinking about driving, yet when I think back 20 years (where the hell did THEY go?) I could not have imagined ever being without a car at that time.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but I heard advice for decades about what I should do if I ever received my first DUI. I was told by several different drunks that if I got that first one, I would get another almost immediately.

It took less than one week.
Within a year I had #3.

After pleading guilty a second time to driving on a suspended license a judge told me if I came back to court he would see I got a year in state prison. In less than 12 hours a deputy pulled behind me while I was on the way to a nearby store.

When I came out of that store the deputy was waiting in a pouring rain.
Apparently he had run my plates.
I was having a lot of trouble thinking about anything except what the judge said

There were three of us in the car.
Two of us had suspended licenses.
The third drunk was an epileptic who swore he could drive "real good."

He couldn't, and when he pulled out of the parking lot he was on the wrong side of the road and headed straight toward the deputy's cruiser.
I sold the car within days and haven't looked back.

I hope you get that garage soon, D-Man.
Keep me posted on your project.
Thanks, George, I will. I hope you've beaten your addiction.

Forum List

Back