purpose of life

F

FrIeDRice

im new to this but i found out a few days ago that not everyone knew this or agreed with the statement below but everyone so far hasnt been able to sway my opinion so i was wondering if anyone on this forum though other wise

"NOTHING HAS ANY PURPOSE SIMPLY BECAUSE IF YOU GIVE SOMETHING A PURPOSE YOU CAN RAISE THE QUESTION WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THAT"

for all u ppl who are simple minded heres an example

lets take the scientific meaning which is to reproduce.. what is the purpose of that? to make more of ure speicies... what is the purpose of that? for the survival of the species... what is the purpose of that? i havnt got a clue mainly cos there isnt one
note : you can do this with anything

pretty depresing eh i hope u ppl can prove me wrong cos it would be nice to live life with a real purpose but there isnt one for me so far and i like to think my self brave enough to face facts:confused:

I have been down this road several times but don't find it depressing. It has been debated by great thinkers since civilization began. I assume your problem to be "if there is no purpose, what am I to do?"

First of all I commend you on your open mind and critcal thinking!
It takes courage to get as far as you have without falling prey to a "simpler" way. Anyone can stop any time and say "this is my pupose" which may be fine for them but also leads them in a position of constantly defending themselves which tends to close the mind.

I think purpose as a uniquely individual quest but by being "open", life will give you answers. It can be as simple as just doing the next thing that seems right to you. It can change minute to minute. It is exciting !!

Listen for the momentary messages life gives you an respond. Your ultimate purpose is beyond your ability to comprehend or interpret. Apparently you have learned a lot about what is NOT your purpose but don't rule those completely out. Life may decide for you to do that some other time.

Listen for the clues life is giving you. They are there!

Originally posted by dilloduck
I have been down this road several times but don't find it depressing. It has been debated by great thinkers since civilization began. I assume your problem to be "if there is no purpose, what am I to do?"

It takes courage to get as far as you have without falling prey to a "simpler" way. Anyone can stop any time and say "this is my pupose" which may be fine for them but also leads them in a position of constantly defending themselves which tends to close the mind.

I think purpose as a uniquely individual quest but by being "open", life will give you answers. It can be as simple as just doing the next thing that seems right to you. It can change minute to minute. It is exciting !!

Listen for the momentary messages life gives you an respond. Your ultimate purpose is beyond your ability to comprehend or interpret. Apparently you have learned a lot about what is NOT your purpose but don't rule those completely out. Life may decide for you to do that some other time.

Nice post. But the caveat is that one must never lose sight of the fact that what is right must never involve harm to oneself or to others or to both. If it does seem to involve such, then it must not be done. Always reflect upon this when you consider taking an action...

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Nice post. But the caveat is that one must never lose sight of the fact that what is right must never involve harm to oneself or to others or to both. If it does seem to involve such, then it must not be done. Always reflect upon this when you consider taking an action...

High taxes stifle and harm the economy, harming the creation of new jobs, here in this world.

If you cared so much about others you would abandon the hodge podge of leftist totalitarian lies that constitute your worldview.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
High taxes stifle and harm the economy, harming the creation of new jobs, here in this world.

If you cared so much about others you would abandon the hodge podge of leftist totalitarian lies that constitute your worldview.

If you truly knew what you were talking about it would be much easier to actually pay attention to you.

If you truly knew what you were talking about it would be much easier to actually pay attention to you.

While i deffinately dont agree with RWAs tactics all the time, Dont you think it would be easier and far more productive to point out the areas where he is wrong rather than dismiss him without addresssing any of his points?

Originally posted by Avatar4321
While i deffinately dont agree with RWAs tactics all the time, Dont you think it would be easier and far more productive to point out the areas where he is wrong rather than dismiss him without addresssing any of his points?

If he had any, I would gladly address them.

Listen for the clues life is giving you. They are there! [/B]

though i do partly agree with what u say i must point out that the above sounds as if its to convince me not to comit Suicide the truth is i only posted in the thread because i was simply wondering if i was right.. i personally do have a purpose of living but it isnt a real one and i persoanly believe that everyone lives only to satisfy the emotional will to survive. which is the why im posting this new thread, .. in order to see if im right

note. you could argue why do people do things that seem to have nothing to do with the will to survive??? well the human mind is a very complex thing and if you tell it that what ure doing is a "good thing" in a manner of speaking then your brain is gonna think you need to do this in order to survive and therefore sends out chemicals to give you a good feeling.

not of course the emotional will to survive has no purpose but its what makes life woth living and therefore i live life with no intension of comitting Suicide even though it would be logical to do so.

i personally find examples help the simple minded so heres one for all you simple minded people.

my two cosins are eating dinna and one dosnt eat the peas and one dose note. these two cosins are twins and have the same genes but one wont eat peas and one will :confused: so there can only be one answer one is telling his brain that if he eats the peas it will some how hinda his chances of survival and so his brain recognises this and gives him a sick feeling everytime he thinks about eating the peas.

its this ability to alter things in your brain that puts us apart from the computer you are sitting in front of.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Simple minded? First you need to learn how to spell.. I can see you have at least one purpose, and that appears to be a need to be a board troll!:rolleyes:

you are an ignorant fool who dosnt back up his statements and note. ill back up mine by stating anyone who cares about the spelling of a language which isnt logical is an ignorant fool.

true but shouldnt people have every right to comit harm to them selfs due to the fact that they own their own life and body.

Dillo, YOU have MY attention. Talk more. If not here in PM.
Im interested in what you have to say. (I think I may know, but waiting to see :) )

"what is right must never involve harm to oneself or to others or to both."

How is harm defined here? Do I have the right to kill someone who will kill me if I don't kill him first?

If he had any, I would gladly address them.

That looks like its a pretty valid statement. Deal with it instead of pretending it doesnt exist.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Yes, I am an ignorant fool! I cant back up my statement that you need to learn how to spell, thanks for spelling that out so well for me!:rolleyes:

By the way, I just love to ban trolls! wanna try me?:D

I take serious offense to ANYONE dissin on Sir Evil. SERIOUS offense.

Friedrice (really inventive name by the way :rolleyes: ),
you really dont wanna go there. Im a bitch of a pit bull to shake off first of all, second of all Im in a perpetually bad mood lately and just looking for someone to rip apart. Third of all, Im extremely intelligent and you simply could not take me on in that way.

My advice to you is back the hell down, oh small brained one.

Thank you.

Dismissed

rice, i see you replying.
let me save you the time.

blah blah blah.

there. now im off to starbucks - need a refuel

he's gonna be deep fried by me if he continues.....

:dev1:

Forum List

Back