Zone1 Purgatory a false dangerous teaching, leading millions to hell!

See how Paul the self appointed Cult leader goes about his tasks of making up things . Same guy that dreamed up the Trinity Fake News which gullible cult Christian’s then thought made their story more mysterious and wonderful . He would have made a great CIA director .
Jesus appointed Paul, so you are mistaken. Paul knew 0 of God being a trinity. Here is what Paul taught-1 Cor 8:6--There is one God to all the Father.
Catholicism= the great apostasy( 2Thess 2:3) turned God into a trinity at the council of Constantinople in 381 ce, they added the holy spirit as part of a godhead at that council. Paul was long dead.

A literal place of eternal suffering is a false doctrine taught by blind guides that do not know God-RUN FROM THEM.
Isaiah 66:22-24

For as the new heavens and the new earth
that I make
shall remain before me, says the LORD,
so shall your offspring and your name remain.
From new moon to new moon,
and from Sabbath to Sabbath,
all flesh shall come to worship before me,
declares the LORD.

And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.

A literal place of eternal suffering is a false doctrine taught by blind guides that do not know God-RUN FROM THEM.
Matthew 25:31-46

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” . . . Then he will say to those on his left, “Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. . . . And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Mark 9:42-48

Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, “where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.”

Revelation 14:9-11

If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.

Revelation 20:10, 14-15

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. . . . Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Jesus appointed Paul, so you are mistaken. Paul knew 0 of God being a trinity. Here is what Paul taught-1 Cor 8:6--There is one God to all the Father.
Catholicism= the great apostasy( 2Thess 2:3) turned God into a trinity at the council of Constantinople in 381 ce, they added the holy spirit as part of a godhead at that council. Paul was long dead.
If you are that gullible you might be interested in buying some of my Cow's eggs .,

See how Paul the self appointed Cult leader goes about his tasks of making up things . Same guy that dreamed up the Trinity Fake News which gullible cult Christian’s then thought made their story more mysterious and wonderful . He would have made a great CIA director .
Did Jesus mention Purgatory?

Is it possible that Purgatory was invented to encourage donations to the Catholics Church?

Did Jesus mention Purgatory?

Is it possible that Purgatory was invented to encourage donations to the Catholics Church?

The RCC never had a doctrine that you could buy your way into Heaven. More atheist disinformation.

The RCC never had a doctrine that you could buy your way into Heaven. More atheist disinformation.
I will use the Encyclopedia Britannia as a source for my reply as I consider it to be an accurate source.

indulgence, a distinctive feature of the penitential system of both the Western medieval and the Roman Catholic Church that granted full or partial remission of the punishment of sin.

The granting of indulgences was predicatedon two beliefs. First, in the sacrament of penance it did not suffice to have the guilt (culpa) of sin forgiven through absolution alone; one also needed to undergo temporal punishment (poena, from p[o]enitentia, “penance”) because one had offended Almighty God. Second, indulgences rested on belief in purgatory, a place in the next life where one could continue to cancel the accumulated debt of one’s sins, another Western medieval conception not shared by Eastern Orthodoxy or other Eastern Christian churches not recognizing the primacy of the pope.

snip

This highly complicated theological system, which was framed as a means to help people achieve their eternal salvation, easily lent itself to misunderstanding and abuse as early as the 13th century, much sooner than is usually thought. A principal contributing factor was money. Paralleling the rise of indulgences, the Crusades, and the reforming papacy was the economic resurgence of Europe that began in the 11th century. Part of this tremendous upsurge was the phenomenon of commutation, through which any services, obligations, or goods could be converted into a corresponding monetary payment. Those eager to gain plenary indulgences, but unable to go on pilgrimage to Jerusalem, wondered whether they might perform an alternative good work or make an equivalent offering to a charitable enterprise—for example, the building of a leprosarium or a cathedral. Churchmen allowed such commutation, and the popes even encouraged it, especially Innocent III (reigned 1198–1216) in his various Crusading projects. From the 12th century onward the process of salvation was therefore increasingly bound up with money. Reformers of the 14th and 15th centuries frequently complained about the “sale” of indulgences by pardoners. And as the papacy weakened in this period, seculargovernments increasingly allowed the granting of indulgences only in return for a substantial share of the yield, often as much as two-thirds. The princes got most of the money, and the popes got most of the blame.(emphasis added)

But perhaps I should go to the Catholic Church itself.

snip

Many Protestants think the Church makes money by selling indulgences or by having Masses said for the dead. Although there was a brief time when a Bishop in Germany was selling indulgences without authorization, the sale of indulgences is not the normal practice of the Church. A person can gain an indulgence for themselves, or for a loved one who has previously died, by offering certain practices as a form of penance for the person receiving the indulgence. The practice of indulgences goes back to at least the 200s in Christianity. Before Christianity became a tolerated religion in 311AD, Christians were being severely persecuted on and off by the Romans. When some people sacrificed to the Roman Emperor to save their life, they were expelled from communion with the Church until they did a penance which could last for years. Some of these penitents appealed to Christians that were in prison, because they refused to sacrifice to the Emperor, to appeal to the local Bishop to have their penance reduced. The thought was that the merit of Grace of the condemned prisoners could be given to the penitents that were still free. The local Bishops were not quick to let these penitents off easy, but the understanding that since we are all members of the Body of Christ, one member is allowed to help another member with their penance. In 115AD Polycarp of Smyrna, who learned the Faith from the Apostle John, wrote a cover letter for the letters of Ignatius of Antioch that he was forwarding to the Church in Philippi. In his letter he quotes from the Book of Tobit that says “alms cover a multitude of sins”. This is where the Church gets its teaching that alms for the poor can be offered as penance for sins. The Church teaches that the excess Grace, merited by other members of the Body of Christ, His Church, can be offered to those who are not yet in Heaven, so that they can be fully sanctified and worthy of entry into Heaven. Just as we can help each other do things on Earth, the Saints in Heaven can help sanctify us here on Earth. All of this only makes sense when you think of us as members of the Body of Christ that can help each other, and that we have to be Holy before we can enter Heaven.(…emphasis added).

Isaiah 66:22-24

For as the new heavens and the new earth
that I make
shall remain before me, says the LORD,
so shall your offspring and your name remain.
From new moon to new moon,
and from Sabbath to Sabbath,
all flesh shall come to worship before me,
declares the LORD.

And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.
The very fact that no worm in existence could survive an hour let alone not die in a hot firey place -proves symbolism.

Matthew 25:31-46

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, “Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” . . . Then he will say to those on his left, “Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. . . . And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Yes eternal punishment= eternal death. Deut 30:19--God gave all 2 choices-LIFE or DEATH both will be eternal. Actions speak louder than words.

Revelation 20:10, 14-15

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. . . . Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Death and Hades are thrown in to be destroyed forever as all things are destroyed in there in reality. God isnt a sadist.

People would rather believe the anti-Catholic atheists than a 2000 year old Church founded by Christ Himself..

go figure... :disbelief:

Life on Earth is Purgatory for those who love Jesus and take His Words seriously.

Fortunately, if one continues to do that until death, he or she will likely not spend much time in the next life "purgating" as it were...

Forum List

Back