Pulp Fiction

and it was interesting to see John Travolta in a different character and a little pudgy(ahh the result of aging)...I also liked him in "Broken Arrow" another out of character- Character!

Tonight on Sci Fi is "War Of the Worlds" 6:pm West coast time...gonna watch it without the box office price...Let's see how Tom does for free!

Even though I do not agree with their politics or Scientology practices...they are entertaining!

addendum: Bummer watched the SciFi "War of the Worlds" was just a "B" flick
rip off...Not the Tom Cruise "War of the Worlds"...it was just okay...a little slow...sigh

Dan said:
No real story? I'd say there were at least three stories with more substance than at least 90% of today's movies.

And, yeah, it's vulgar and somewhat bloody (although I'm consistenly amazed by how little blood there really is compared to how critics like to make it seem), but that's kind of Tarantino's forte.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it as much as everyone else here.
I wouldn’t call them stories, Dan, segments maybe, but not stories really.
Like I said, it was okay, but not my style of movie.

No doubt this is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. I absolutely love the scene where Butch gets his great-grandfather's watch. It was wrong, but funny.

Mr. P said:
Be stunned..It was only "okay". I wouldn't recommend it, unless you enjoy lots of blood and vulgarity in yer movies with no real story. :slap:

Sorry, not my style. :cool:

damn dude...sorry i wasted two hours of your life....well defo don't watch my other favs:

full metal jacket
a pocky lips now
natural born killers
kalifornia
the doors
heat

kalifornia

THAT'S the one I was trying to think of the other day! Brad Pitt's second-best performance, if you ask me (after Tyler Durden, of course).

Okay, maybe third-best, after the stoner roommate in True Romance. He was hilarious in that.

manu1959 said:
damn dude...sorry i wasted two hours of your life....well defo don't watch my other favs:

full metal jacket
a pocky lips now
natural born killers
kalifornia
the doors
heat
Not a waste I did like parts, especially the end when they tie the beginning in.

Lefty Wilbury said:
one of the best movies ever! one of the most quotable as well. some favorites:

-------------
Vincent: Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.

----------------

Jules: Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker, motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm SUPERFLY T.N.T, I'm the GUNS OF THE NAVARONE. In fact, what the fuck am I doin' in the back? You're the motherfucker should be on brain detail. We're fuckin' switchin' right now. I'm washin' the windows and you're pickin' up this ******'s skull.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jules: What does Marcellus Wallace look like?

Brett: What?

Jules: What country you from?

Jules: What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?

Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

Brett: Yes!

Jules: Then you know what I'm saying!

Brett: Yes!

Jules: Describe what Marcellus Wallace looks like!

Brett: What, I-?

Jules: [pointing his gun] Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker. Say what one more goddamn time.

Brett: He's b-b-black...

Jules: Go on.

Brett: He's bald...

Jules: Does he look like a bitch?

Jules: DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Brett: No!

Jules: Then why you try to fuck him like a bitch, Brett?

Brett: I didn't.

Jules: Yes you did. Yes you did, Brett. You tried to fuck him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be fucked by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.
http://www.bootleg.org/adultswim.mov

Forum List

Back