Public University Bans Pledge Of Allegiance Citing It's 'Oppresive And Discriminatory'

All I'm gonna say is that I'm shaking my head thinking what in the hell has the world come to.

Grand Valley State University Kills Pledge of Allegiance Tradition | Breitbart

Maybe you should learn to read so you can navigate, you know, YOUR OWN LINKS.

If and when you ever do that you'll figure out that the university "banned" nothing. The students in the Student Goverment voted to ditch it within THEIR OWN MEETINGS. Not the fucking university. Lying HACK.

YOUR OWN LINK, fuckhead.

I already pointed out the university's Marxist orientation, fuckhead. Those culturally-ignorant students are no better than the school they're going to, and they'll be worse off after graduating.

Now tell me again how there's no "liberal agenda" in the universities.

Are you the fucking OP, David Dukey?

Then why are you white-knighting for him? Y'all have some kind of "arrangement"?

The fucking idiot posted a bullshit headline that was debunked by HIS OWN LINK which HE posted. ANYONE, including the OP hisself, could have seen that that headline was bullshit. Yet he didn't, so he got exposed, and there's NOTHING you can do about that. Go ahead, have a good cry, throw your toys around the room, hold your breath, whatever you want. When you finish whimpering the same shit is going to still sit here exposed for the bullshit it is and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it so BITE ME.

Tell ya what, sweetheart: I may not be a dyed in the wool racist white supremacist, but I'd side up with them any day, as opposed to bunking down with you commie faggots.

"Enemy of my enemy.." and all that.

Your 'enemy' appears to be the Truth. Not a stable place to be, is it.

Not at all. That is why I asked.

If that is the case, then the solution is obvious. Gain a majority in the Student Government and change it.
The solution to what?

"Chafed butt cheeks".

It's chronic among those insistent on running other people's lives for them with or without their consent. Symptoms may include itching, bitching, moaning, groaning and whining.
I don't even understand what the discussion is here.
A student body voted on how to run their meetings.

The End
Some think that they voted for the wrong thing. It is up to them, of course, but if I was a student at that University, I'd start working on overturning such a vote. I've already described how I would go about it.

But you're not, are you.

Why don't you simply vote on how to run your own meetings and let other people vote on how to run theirs? Is that so challenging to control freakism?

I have to wonder if you know what "Student Government" even is?

It is a body of people from the university who are elected to that organization.

This means that they are made up of the campus attendees. Those who have a problem with the vote are well within their rights to work to change the leadership of the Student Government to one that favors their ideas over the current ones.

Generally, it is called democracy. I don't know the structure of their organization so I can't comment on how much republicanism they adhere to, but regardless.

Change the leadership, and vote to reinstate the pledge at the beginning of the meetings.

Put some salve in it and it will stop stinging.

Have a nice night.

All I'm gonna say is that I'm shaking my head thinking what in the hell has the world come to.

If and when you ever do that you'll figure out that the university "banned" nothing. The students in the Student Goverment voted to ditch it within THEIR OWN MEETINGS. Not the fucking university. Lying HACK.

YOUR OWN LINK, fuckhead.

I already pointed out the university's Marxist orientation, fuckhead. Those culturally-ignorant students are no better than the school they're going to, and they'll be worse off after graduating.

Then why are you white-knighting for him? Y'all have some kind of "arrangement"?

The fucking idiot posted a bullshit headline that was debunked by HIS OWN LINK which HE posted. ANYONE, including the OP hisself, could have seen that that headline was bullshit. Yet he didn't, so he got exposed, and there's NOTHING you can do about that. Go ahead, have a good cry, throw your toys around the room, hold your breath, whatever you want. When you finish whimpering the same shit is going to still sit here exposed for the bullshit it is and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it so BITE ME.

Tell ya what, sweetheart: I may not be a dyed in the wool racist white supremacist, but I'd side up with them any day, as opposed to bunking down with you commie faggots.

You leftards would know the truth if it jumped up and bit you on the ass.

Deport the President, disloyal professors (if any) and Board of Trustees to a Communist Country, Expropriate the assets of the University and rename it the Allegiance Pledged name for its first 50 years, and dedicate it to the good of the American people who are proud of our country and will put the pledge of allegiance and convert the buildings to scientific research. We could use more nutritional research and knowledge to keep people healthy for the duration of their lives with the goal of adding 20 years to the expected lifespans of human beings.

Take bad things and make them into good things us a time honored goal, and this school needs to keep people in its goals, not politics.

Has nothing to do with any "trustees" or "professors" Becki. The OP bought a fake headline, hook line and sinker, and failed to read his own article.

Oh and David Dukey the OP, seems to have run away as soon as his sham was exposed. Bravely ran away.
I haven't left. Just drinking a beer watching the thread while waiting on my food at Bobby Hebert's Cajun Cannon Restaurant in Metairie.

Metairie. That explains a lot.

Your thread has been busted. Nothing to say about that? How stupid are you feeling for not having read your own link? Give me a number on a scale of 1 to 23.
I haven't been busted. What's funny is you being triggered by thinking it.. Now if you excuse me, I'm fixing to eat my platter and order another beer.

The solution to what?

"Chafed butt cheeks".

It's chronic among those insistent on running other people's lives for them with or without their consent. Symptoms may include itching, bitching, moaning, groaning and whining.
I don't even understand what the discussion is here.
A student body voted on how to run their meetings.

The End
Some think that they voted for the wrong thing. It is up to them, of course, but if I was a student at that University, I'd start working on overturning such a vote. I've already described how I would go about it.

But you're not, are you.

Why don't you simply vote on how to run your own meetings and let other people vote on how to run theirs? Is that so challenging to control freakism?

I have to wonder if you know what "Student Government" even is?

It is a body of people from the university who are elected to that organization.

This means that they are made up of the campus attendees. Those who have a problem with the vote are well within their rights to work to change the leadership of the Student Government to one that favors their ideas over the current ones.

Generally, it is called democracy. I don't know the structure of their organization so I can't comment on how much republicanism they adhere to, but regardless.

Change the leadership, and vote to reinstate the pledge at the beginning of the meetings.

Put some salve in it and it will stop stinging.

Have a nice night.

Correct, and YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF IT.

That part seems to be hanging you up. WHO KNEW other people are actually allowed to run their own affairs without a by-your-leave from Numero Uno?? FFS get OVER yourself.

YOUR OWN LINK, fuckhead.

You must be a "leftard" then because here you are whining about it.

It's right there in the text. There's no way around it. The OP even came back and STILL doesn't have an explanation.

There's nothing you can do about that either.

Deport the President, disloyal professors (if any) and Board of Trustees to a Communist Country, Expropriate the assets of the University and rename it the Allegiance Pledged name for its first 50 years, and dedicate it to the good of the American people who are proud of our country and will put the pledge of allegiance and convert the buildings to scientific research. We could use more nutritional research and knowledge to keep people healthy for the duration of their lives with the goal of adding 20 years to the expected lifespans of human beings.

Take bad things and make them into good things us a time honored goal, and this school needs to keep people in its goals, not politics.

Has nothing to do with any "trustees" or "professors" Becki. The OP bought a fake headline, hook line and sinker, and failed to read his own article.

Oh and David Dukey the OP, seems to have run away as soon as his sham was exposed. Bravely ran away.
I went to Youtube with a question, did Grand Valley University ban the pledge of allegiance.and found a newsclip video:

Apparently it was a student, not a faculty decision. I think that since it was, they need to explain to the student body that their decision will lead to harassment of Christian and Jewish students. I'[m saying the student leaders are setting a prescedent their community will not allow in the long run. Sometimes, when students become too self-important, it's time to let the adults run things. Apparently there was considerable truth in the OP, but unless the people of Michigan wish to be excluded from the voting. I cannot agree to federal funds for universities that create a hostile environment by attaching Christian people.

I don't think a university is a very good place to start a burn the flag environment. /such a thing would make it hard for those who served a right since. Good night, all. I can hardly keep my eyes open after not sleeping much for two nights.
May God bless America. ;)

It's right there in the text. There's no way around it. The OP even came back and STILL doesn't have an explanation.

Just STFU already. You're foul and disgusting.

I went to Youtube with a question, did Grand Valley University ban the pledge of allegiance.and found a newsclip video:

Apparently it was a student, not a faculty decision. I think that since it was, they need to explain to the student body that their decision will lead to harassment of Christian and Jewish students. I'[m saying the student leaders are setting a prescedent their community will not allow in the long run. Sometimes, when students become too self-important, it's time to let the adults run things. Apparently there was considerable truth in the OP, but unless the people of Michigan wish to be excluded from the voting. I cannot agree to federal funds for universities that create a hostile environment by attaching Christian people.

I don't think a university is a very good place to start a burn the flag environment. /such a thing would make it hard for those who served a right since. Good night, all. I can hardly keep my eyes open after not sleeping much for two nights.

You're wasting your time and breath with the anti American loons on here.

Just kick them in the teeth and move to the next loon.

Apparently it was a student, not a faculty decision.​

I pointed that out back in post 11 Becki. It was sitting right there in the OP's article the whole time. He just didn't bother to read it.

I think that since it was, they need to explain to the student body that their decision will lead to harassment of Christian and Jewish students.

Idolatry of a flag has nothing to do with religions, even if those religions ban such a practice.

I'[m saying the student leaders are setting a prescedent their community will not allow in the long run. Sometimes, when students become too self-important, it's time to let the adults run things. Apparently there was considerable truth in the OP, but unless the people of Michigan wish to be excluded from the voting. I cannot agree to federal funds for universities that create a hostile environment by attaching Christian people.

Again, there's nothing "Christian" or "Jewish" (or "Moslem" or "Buddhist" or "Zoroastrian" etc) in the PofA at all. It has no relation, period. It's an entirely secular exercise, even if it is a prayer. And it IS the student government's own decision on how to run their own meetings. Why would the people of Michigan, or anywhere else, get to barge in and change that? What if a foreign country, say, oh I don't know, Russia, tried to change our election voting?

There's nothing there about "burning" anything, although I wouldn't put it past the OP's mendacity to make that up too.

Rest well. I'll keep the flame alive here. :)

Just STFU already. You're foul and disgusting.

You just can't break down and admit you were wrong, Kenya.

That's what happens when you rush in to white-knight for Bullshit. You get it all over ya.

Get some students to recite the pledge. If the University has the courage to actually punish them for this, then they have standing in the courts in a First Amendment violation.
The excuse given by the leftwing activists is that foreign students object to saying the pledge

But they dont mind getting an education in a country they hate

College has become a breeding ground for anti Americanism

Get some students to recite the pledge. If the University has the courage to actually punish them for this, then they have standing in the courts in a First Amendment violation.
The excuse given by the leftwing activists is that foreign students object to saying the pledge

How is it a conflict, and where do you get this strawman "they hate" bullshit?

Because a student government declines to murmur a prayer to a fetish?
What's the point of having that fetish prayer in there in the first place? Are they sitting in the middle of Michigan wondering what country they're in?

Poster please. Grow up.

What's the point of having that fetish prayer in there in the first place? Are they sitting in the middle of Michigan wondering what country they're in?

Poster please. Grow up.

A pledge is not a prayer and a flag is not a deity

This is the end result of anti American brainwashing in our education system

Poster please. Grow up.

I like how you adopted my points by quoting them verbatim, even if it's without attribution. And that's OK, nobody has a monopoly on truth. I share.

A pledge is not a prayer and a flag is not a deity

A material object shouldn't be a deity but it's certainly treated as one when you have a PRAYER that comes right out and says "I pledge allegiance TO THE FLAG". Not to a country, not to a Constitution, not to a people or a culture, but TO A FLAG. An inanimate object. And it's absolutely a deity when you make up blasphemy laws about how it's handled and how it's not handled, as if it's been anthropomorphized into a god. It absolutely is a deity when you can have a mob demand that some random citizen bow down and kiss it and he gets five to ten hard labor when he refuses to do so. When you see the same reaction to burning a flag as you do to submerging a crucifix in urine -------------- you have a DEITY. You have a FETISH. An emotional relationship with an inanimate object. Also known as a graven image, or an idol.

There ain't no way around it. It's a fetish prayer and that's all it is, and it was concocted (by a socialist if it matters) for the purpose of a business venture. They wanted to sell flags to the school system and to do that they made up an actual fucking PRAYER to it.

Imagine if Apple had disseminated a PRAYER to the iPhone so it would sell. "I pledge allegiance to my phone, I shall have no other phones before thee". Same thing. And some poor sap who was surrounded by a mob who demanded he kiss the iPhone and refused would be hauled off for five to ten hard labor.

THAT'S A PRAYER TO A GOD, JACK. If this were not an emotional relationship with an inanimate object, nobody would care if you burned it or how you folded it or if it touched the fucking ground. :banghead:

This is the end result of anti American brainwashing in our education system

Actually this is entirely my own work defying the brainwashing in the education system. I have this weird thing that I do, it's called "THINKING". It's a never-ending job but somebody's gotta do it. The brainwashing in our education system is what taught me this prayer and tried to get me to fall in line, because hey, it bought all these flags and they cost money. Due to my THINKING thing I stopped and said, "wait -- why would I do this?". And this fetish-prayer gets ordered onto innocent children first thing in the morning in their captive State education system, a mandated prayer to the Almighty Fetish.

So I broke free of the brainwashing. And you can too, if you can find your man parts. But it's so cute how you try to turn defiance of brainwashing INTO brainwashing. Ignorance is Strength.

Last edited:
From Grand Valley State University's own web-page:

A strong liberal education serves as the foundation for Grand Valley State University's wide array of undergraduate and graduate programs, fostering critical thinking, creative problem solving, and cultural understanding.

Grand Valley's liberal education focus prepares students for life in a fast-changing world. It fosters a commitment to economic, social, and environmental sustainability and an inclusive campus that values diversity. Through this forward-thinking education, students are empowered to positively affect the global community now and in the future.

Grand Valley State University values all identities, perspectives, and backgrounds and is dedicated to incorporating multiple voices and experiences into every aspect of its operations. We believe that diversity competencies are an intellectual asset and that a range of thoughtful perspectives and a commitment to open inquiry strengthens our liberal education tradition. We recognize that the long-term viability of the institution depends upon anticipating and meeting the needs of emerging constituent groups, especially our changing student body. Therefore, the institution seeks to include, engage, and support diverse groups of students, faculty and staff members, as well as community members. Grand Valley is committed to strengthening our living, learning, and working environment by recognizing and removing the barriers to full participation and providing a safe, inclusive, vibrant community for all.

Strategic Plan for Grand Valley State University - Grand Valley State University

Who the hell writes that Marxist BS? :laughing0301:
Those students and faculty there would be the first to join sides with Russia or China if they were to invade us.
Your president just gave Russia a U.S. airbase without a shot being fired. Who is it again that`s taking sides with Russia and China?

'The Pledge of Allegiance was written in August 1892 by the socialist minister Francis Bellamy (1855-1931). It was originally published in The Youth's Companion on September 8, 1892. Bellamy had hoped that the pledge would be used by citizens in any country."

The Pledge of Allegiance

In its original form it read:

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

It does not escape this writer that the 1890s is the same period when this country turned itself from Free into Imperial. Cuba, Puerto Rico, Hawaìi, Panama, Guam and the Philippines soon found out about that. Interestingly the last named colony is the only country in the world that engages in a similar flag prayer even today.

Forum List

Back