Public University Bans Pledge Of Allegiance Citing It's 'Oppresive And Discriminatory'

I'll wait to get upset until we find out whether or not this spreads to the Prairie Mountain Community College.

All I'm gonna say is that I'm shaking my head thinking what in the hell has the world come to.

Grand Valley State University Kills Pledge of Allegiance Tradition | Breitbart

Maybe you should learn to read so you can navigate, you know, YOUR OWN LINKS.

If and when you ever do that you'll figure out that the university "banned" nothing. The students in the Student Goverment voted to ditch it within THEIR OWN MEETINGS. Not the fucking university. Lying HACK.

YOUR OWN LINK, fuckhead.

I already pointed out the university's Marxist orientation, fuckhead. Those culturally-ignorant students are no better than the school they're going to, and they'll be worse off after graduating.

Now tell me again how there's no "liberal agenda" in the universities.

Are you the fucking OP, David Dukey?

Then why are you white-knighting for him? Y'all have some kind of "arrangement"?

The fucking idiot posted a bullshit headline that was debunked by HIS OWN LINK which HE posted. ANYONE, including the OP hisself, could have seen that that headline was bullshit. Yet he didn't, so he got exposed, and there's NOTHING you can do about that. Go ahead, have a good cry, throw your toys around the room, hold your breath, whatever you want. When you finish whimpering the same shit is going to still sit here exposed for the bullshit it is and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it so BITE ME.

All I'm gonna say is that I'm shaking my head thinking what in the hell has the world come to.

Deport the President, disloyal professors (if any) and Board of Trustees to a Communist Country, Expropriate the assets of the University and rename it the Allegiance Pledged name for its first 50 years, and dedicate it to the good of the American people who are proud of our country and will put the pledge of allegiance and convert the buildings to scientific research. We could use more nutritional research and knowledge to keep people healthy for the duration of their lives with the goal of adding 20 years to the expected lifespans of human beings.

Take bad things and make them into good things us a time honored goal, and this school needs to keep people in its goals, not politics.

Get some students to recite the pledge. If the University has the courage to actually punish them for this, then they have standing in the courts in a First Amendment violation.
It was an initiative by the 'Student Government" to stop saying the Pledge at their meetings.
The university had no input, nor has it banned the Pledge.
Good. Now the question becomes, what are the rules for the Student Government.
Presumably that they can choose how to run their own meetings.
Freedom of expression...it's inconvenient eh?
Not at all. That is why I asked.

If that is the case, then the solution is obvious. Gain a majority in the Student Government and change it.

All you need is "three million illegal voters" amirite?

It's THEIR meeting, THEIR decision how to run them. Butthurt snowflakes two thousand miles away don't have a damn thing to say about it, and that's as it should be.

Our little scholars would never have considered this school before.... certainly not now.

The snowflakes can do as they please but my guess is they'll fail miserably in life... they're well on their way

Deport the President, disloyal professors (if any) and Board of Trustees to a Communist Country, Expropriate the assets of the University and rename it the Allegiance Pledged name for its first 50 years, and dedicate it to the good of the American people who are proud of our country and will put the pledge of allegiance and convert the buildings to scientific research. We could use more nutritional research and knowledge to keep people healthy for the duration of their lives with the goal of adding 20 years to the expected lifespans of human beings.

Take bad things and make them into good things us a time honored goal, and this school needs to keep people in its goals, not politics.

Has nothing to do with any "trustees" or "professors" Becki. The OP bought a fake headline, hook line and sinker, and failed to read his own article.

Oh and David Dukey the OP, seems to have run away as soon as his sham was exposed. Bravely ran away.

Get some students to recite the pledge. If the University has the courage to actually punish them for this, then they have standing in the courts in a First Amendment violation.
It was an initiative by the 'Student Government" to stop saying the Pledge at their meetings.

If that is the case, then the solution is obvious. Gain a majority in the Student Government and change it.
The solution to what?

The solution to what?
Removing this idiotic edict.

The solution to what?
In that case I guess you're right.
Democracy...it's inconvenient eh?

The solution to what?
In that case I guess you're right.
Democracy...it's inconvenient eh?
Not at all. But, I am glad that we, as a country, are NOT a Democracy.

The solution to what?

"Chafed butt cheeks".

It's chronic among those insistent on running other people's lives for them with or without their consent. Symptoms may include itching, bitching, moaning, groaning and whining.

See for example this case in what we'll call "Patient X". Although his real handle is CWayne

The solution to what?

--- not even a member of the university let alone its student government, yet here he sits figuring out ways to dick-tate what they can and can't do.

It's a strange psychological malady.

The solution to what?

"Chafed butt cheeks".

It's chronic among those insistent on running other people's lives for them with or without their consent. Symptoms may include itching, bitching, moaning, groaning and whining.
I don't even understand what the discussion is here.
A student body voted on how to run their meetings.
The End

Non issue. If it doesn't directly affect my family it's nothing for me to get upset about. My grandkids say the pledge every day here....they don't really consider its meaning. They numbly recite it every day though. Not my job to discuss it with them.
It may not be your job to discuss the pledge with your grand kids, but I can't see your kids having a problem with you putting the pledge's meaning out there for your kids to learn about. If they are not going to learn about certain things at school, right there is where friends and family members come in.

God bless you and your family always!!!

Holly

The solution to what?

"Chafed butt cheeks".

The End
Some think that they voted for the wrong thing. It is up to them, of course, but if I was a student at that University, I'd start working on overturning such a vote. I've already described how I would go about it.

The solution to what?

"Chafed butt cheeks".

The End
Some think that they voted for the wrong thing. It is up to them, of course, but if I was a student at that University, I'd start working on overturning such a vote. I've already described how I would go about it.

But you're not, are you.

Why don't you simply vote on how to run your own meetings and let other people vote on how to run theirs? Is that so challenging to control freakism?

The solution to what?

"Chafed butt cheeks".

The End
And that would be your right.

***phew***...I'm glad we cleared that up!

Has nothing to do with any "trustees" or "professors" Becki. The OP bought a fake headline, hook line and sinker, and failed to read his own article.

Oh and David Dukey the OP, seems to have run away as soon as his sham was exposed. Bravely ran away.
I haven't left. Just drinking a beer watching the thread while waiting on my seafood platter at Bobby Hebert's Cajun Cannon Restaurant in Metairie.

I haven't left. Just drinking a beer watching the thread while waiting on my food at Bobby Hebert's Cajun Cannon Restaurant in Metairie.

Metairie. That explains a lot.

Your thread has been busted. Nothing to say about that? How stupid are you feeling for not having read your own link? Give me a number on a scale of 1 to 23.

Maybe you should learn to read so you can navigate, you know, YOUR OWN LINKS.

If and when you ever do that you'll figure out that the university "banned" nothing. The students in the Student Goverment voted to ditch it within THEIR OWN MEETINGS. Not the fucking university. Lying HACK.

YOUR OWN LINK, fuckhead.

I already pointed out the university's Marxist orientation, fuckhead. Those culturally-ignorant students are no better than the school they're going to, and they'll be worse off after graduating.

Now tell me again how there's no "liberal agenda" in the universities.

Are you the fucking OP, David Dukey?

Then why are you white-knighting for him? Y'all have some kind of "arrangement"?

The fucking idiot posted a bullshit headline that was debunked by HIS OWN LINK which HE posted. ANYONE, including the OP hisself, could have seen that that headline was bullshit. Yet he didn't, so he got exposed, and there's NOTHING you can do about that. Go ahead, have a good cry, throw your toys around the room, hold your breath, whatever you want. When you finish whimpering the same shit is going to still sit here exposed for the bullshit it is and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it so BITE ME.

Tell ya what, sweetheart: I may not be a dyed in the wool racist white supremacist, but I'd side up with them any day, as opposed to bunking down with you commie faggots.

"Enemy of my enemy.." and all that.

A dollar to a donut these scholars want free tution also.

Nobody is going to invest in these little snots

Forum List

Back