Public Schools Losing Enrollment

What percentage of teachers are willing to dumb themselves down and play stupid?
”Little Humberto only speaks Spanish, his parents only speak Spanish but I’m going to pretend I don’t know they’re here without The Peoples consent.”
There can’t be that many retarded fools teaching can there?
Proving yet again that LOSER doesn't understand anything about America.

LOSER seems to have forgotten that speaking English as a first language has NOTHING to do with being a US citizen. LOSER has been told many times that the vast majority of ESL students are US citizens born in the US. LOSER seems to be as mentally feeble as Biden.

LOSER seems to have forgotten that speaking English as a first language has NOTHING to do with being a US citizen. LOSER has been told many times that the vast majority of ESL students are US citizens born in the US. LOSER seems to be as mentally feeble as Biden.

True, but if you live in an English speaking country it's still important to know how to speak it yourself whether or not it's your first language.

True, but if you live in an English speaking country it's still important to know how to speak it yourself whether or not it's your first language.
Which is why just about everyone who doesn't speak English as their first language is working hard to learn it or improve it.

Uncle Terry the globalist educator fucking Americans over likes playing pretend and being suckered…the retarded fuck knows brown parasites break into our nation and lay their litters of silver tooth filth in the laps of real Americans…Uncle Globalist loves that our fucked-up bullshit system forces Americans to pay him to educate the children of Mexico’s criminals.

LOSER still seems to think that EVERY immigrant is from Mexico. LOSER is “filth” that is only a US citizen because he was “dropped” in America.

I am very happy that my daughter, right now at least, is homeschooling her daughter.
Now - first of all, she is only 3, so that term is loose. What I mean by it, is she is not enrolled in preschools.
And those preschools are loaded with LGBQT messaging.
They start them early.
She plans to homeschool her through grade school at this point.

She is 3. She knows her ABC,s, and can recognize all of the letters, and knows the sound about 1/2 of them make. She can count to 10... not just verbally, but understands what a number represents.
The number 5 represents 5 things etc. Not just verbally memorizing 1-10.
She has immediate recognition of how many items there are, without counting, up to 4 right now.
That is solid for a child that turned 3 just 3 weeks ago. Above average.
Great genes and family involvement are the key.
My 3 year old Grandson can count and write his numbers to 100.
He asked for lower case letters ( as a Christmas Present) to expand his collection of upper case letters, with the intent to spell out more words.
He Knows all the planets, in order.
He knows so much, why, because we are involved.
He loves learning.
Each day us grandparents are there, he asks, "let's go downstairs and spell and write words."
I do this gladly. I wish he would hit golf balls at the range, but that will come later.

YEP.
More illegals = more opportunities for teachers = more money earning potential….this really isn’t a big secret.

My daughter, an educator, refuses to educate those here on stolen citizenships. She‘s got integrity….she won’t work for our public school system, she will not teach at a shithole full of Mexico’s children….She refuses to steal from the American taxpayer. The American taxpayer and ALL good real core Americans know that Plyler v. Doe is/was complete bullshit.

Mac-7
Unkotare
YOU indoctrinated her Well.
Was this her words or yours?

(a). The biggest thing keeping the public schools alive and well-populated is the property tax. It is one thing to sacrifice so your kid can go to a private or parochial school, but it is an order of magnitude more difficult when you must do this IN ADDITION TO paying a pile of money in property (or other) taxes to fund the local school district.

(b). In a sane world, the State would attach a small pile of virtual money to each individual kid for each K-12 school year (say, $7,500), and allow the parents to "spend" that money wherever they like...public school, private school, charter school, parochial school...as long as it is spent in a way that furthers their education as it would have been in a State school. The teachers' unions, which own the Democrat party, fight this sort of initiative with lethal force.

(c). There are many exemplary public schools and public school districts where students learn about as much as they would in a middling private school. (I happen to live in such a district). This has little to do with the school or its employees, and everything to do with the parents and families who live there.

(d). Every successful private enterprise has the ability to "flex its budget." That is to say, if revenues are down significantly in any year, they can make changes to expenses, and especially headcount, to remain profitable in such lean years. Public sector organization lack that ability, because they cannot easily lay people off (the employees have a virtual guarantee of lifetime employment). School districts have the additional impediment of parents who make a huge stink when their neighborhood school building is faced with a shutdown; these campaigns make school board members very reluctant to do the right thing and close school buildings, even when it makes a great deal of economic sense.

(e). As a result, when public school enrollment declines, the budgets stay the same and the taxpayers never get to realize the savings that would rightly result from a decline in the number of students. Near to where I live, in the Pittsburgh school district, school enrollment has declined by almost half in recent decades, and yet the budget remains steady or increases slightly. And I don't need to document here that academic results are not improving. On the contrary...

Your c, d and e are so wrong it's funny. You just make stuff up huh?

(a). The biggest thing keeping the public schools alive and well-populated is the property tax. It is one thing to sacrifice so your kid can go to a private or parochial school, but it is an order of magnitude more difficult when you must do this IN ADDITION TO paying a pile of money in property (or other) taxes to fund the local school district.

(b). In a sane world, the State would attach a small pile of virtual money to each individual kid for each K-12 school year (say, $7,500), and allow the parents to "spend" that money wherever they like...public school, private school, charter school, parochial school...as long as it is spent in a way that furthers their education as it would have been in a State school. The teachers' unions, which own the Democrat party, fight this sort of initiative with lethal force.

(c). There are many exemplary public schools and public school districts where students learn about as much as they would in a middling private school. (I happen to live in such a district). This has little to do with the school or its employees, and everything to do with the parents and families who live there.

(d). Every successful private enterprise has the ability to "flex its budget." That is to say, if revenues are down significantly in any year, they can make changes to expenses, and especially headcount, to remain profitable in such lean years. Public sector organization lack that ability, because they cannot easily lay people off (the employees have a virtual guarantee of lifetime employment). School districts have the additional impediment of parents who make a huge stink when their neighborhood school building is faced with a shutdown; these campaigns make school board members very reluctant to do the right thing and close school buildings, even when it makes a great deal of economic sense.

(e). As a result, when public school enrollment declines, the budgets stay the same and the taxpayers never get to realize the savings that would rightly result from a decline in the number of students. Near to where I live, in the Pittsburgh school district, school enrollment has declined by almost half in recent decades, and yet the budget remains steady or increases slightly. And I don't need to document here that academic results are not improving. On the contrary...

I mean just as one point of fact in this entire mess.

Did you know that districts can and do lay off teachers, even teachers who are tenured? If the money's not there, it's not there. Building can be closed; staff can be laid off. I've seen it many times myself.

Okay, I take that back. Second point of fact: in my state our schools are funded PER PUPIL. So when enrollment declines, so does our budget.

Are you just pulling this stuff out of your nether regions or what?

More parents pulling their kids out of failed public schools is accelerating at a rapid pace.

When Biden put children at risk because the Teachers Unions told him what to do...that got me and many others to see that NO ONE cares for my kids like I do. Certainly not the unions and not the President

Powerful teachers union influenced CDC on school reopenings, emails show​

I hate his anti-parent rhetoric
May 4, 2022 — Joe Biden's recent comments on children being "owned" by their teachers has ignited a firestorm of criticism

I mean just as one point of fact in this entire mess.

Did you know that districts can and do lay off teachers, even teachers who are tenured? If the money's not there, it's not there. Building can be closed; staff can be laid off. I've seen it many times myself.

Okay, I take that back. Second point of fact: in my state our schools are funded PER PUPIL. So when enrollment declines, so does our budget.

Are you just pulling this stuff out of your nether regions or what?

Yep.

We fire teachers every year for a variety of reasons. Termination for cause, poor performance, etc. About a decade ago we went trough a cycle where student enrollments were down, and projected to remain down for a few years. Because of per-pupil funding revenues decreased.

That resulted in a RIF at all levels as positions - teacher, administration, and support staff - were eliminated. To deal with that we:
  1. Offered early retirement bonus's to those that qualified for retirement but remained active. (It wasn't enough.)
  2. Closed some schools and consolidated students (multiple entire elementary and one middle school). Those positions were just gone.
  3. Proportional cuts in staffing levels at the School Administration and Transportation centers.
  4. As end of year vacancies occurred those staff were not replaced. (It wasn't enough.)
  5. The cuts also included the highest executive level (Assistant Superintendent) as the reorganization occurred.
  6. In areas (teacher, administration, and support) where not filling vacancies and retirements didn't meet the required goals people were RIF'd (teachers, administration, and support).
WW

Last edited:
Are you aware thought that those teachers were doing it decades ago

and those politicians trying to kill charter schools and parental choice were doing it decades ago

Across the country, roughly 10% of students attend a private school while American public school teachers enroll their children at nearly twice that rate, 21.5%
Specific figures showed that 41% of representatives in the House and 46% of U.S. senators send or have sent at least one of their children to a private institution. That contrasts with the rest of the country, where only 10% of families send kids to private schools.
/---/ In NYC, the City kicked kids out of school so they could house illegals in the gym. It's back to the failed ZOOM education And the parents are outraged because they got what they voted for.

Yep.

We fire teachers every year for a variety of reasons. Termination for cause, poor performance, etc. About a decade ago we went trough a cycle where student enrollments were down, and projected to remain down for a few years. Because of per-pupil funding revenues decreased.

That resulted in a RIF at all levels as positions - teacher, administration, and support staff - were eliminated. To deal with that we:
  1. Offered early retirement bonus's to those that qualified for retirement but remained active. (It wasn't enough.)
  2. Closed some schools and consolidated students (multiple entire elementary and one middle school). Those positions were just gone.
  3. Proportional cuts in staffing levels at the School Administration and Transportation centers.
  4. As end of year vacancies occurred those staff were not replaced. (It wasn't enough.)
  5. The cuts also included the highest executive level (Assistant Superintendent) as the reorganization occurred.
  6. In areas (teacher, administration, and support) where not filling vacancies and retirements didn't meet the required goals people were RIF'd (teachers, administration, and support).
WW

DGS49 are you getting this? WW is in HR admin in a school district.

DGS49 are you getting this? WW is in HR admin in a school district.

[DISCLAIMER: I work in a mid-sized suburban/urban school district. I noticed detractors of the education system seem to always want to point to the mega-systems (LA, NYC, Chicago) and say "See, see, see while pointing a finger". Failing to recognize that most school systems aren't the mega variety.]

WW

[DISCLAIMER: I work in a mid-sized suburban/urban school district. I noticed detractors of the education system seem to always want to point to the mega-systems (LA, NYC, Chicago) and say "See, see, see while pointing a finger". Failing to recognize that most school systems aren't the mega variety.]

WW

To be fair they do this in all ways, which is hilarious to me. So if teachers in Berkeley CA are starting a Rainbow Club for first graders, sure as shooting all the teacher in Anytown, South Dakota are doing the same--even though most of them are literally Sunday School teachers.

We live in a vast, vast diverse nation. Just the diversity in climate astounds me to be honest. Our students will be thrilled about our sledding hill at recess this week. Meanwhile, I'm fascinated by a little elementary school in Pensacola Beach, FL that has sand for a playground surface. I think of all the snow our students track in, and all the sand tracked in there.

"The public schools" are FAR from the monolith the chattering class thinks they are.

Forum List

Back