Public school children forced to pray to Allah

I wonder what your reaction would be had the students been taken to a Christian church, lied to about history and then separated by sex and participated in prayer.....

And you know what I could have done, if I didn't want my child to go? Not sign the permission slip.:eek:

And I wouldn't have cared, just like my parents didn't care when we did the same thing when learning about the Native American culture, or the Japanese culture in school. At the Japanese culture center, we even learned some of their religious practices. YOu guys act like the school forced the parents to sign the permission slip or bring their children to school that day.

Were you asked to pray to their ancestors? No, I thought not. The trip was a lie from start to finish. It was to teach them about culture but instead they were lied to about history and then forced to separate where the boys were invited to pray but the girls were not.....The permission slip was a LIE!!! How many parents do you think would have signed it if the truth were revealed ahead of time? If they were told that the kids would be told that women had the right to vote under Islam but not under our forefathers? (a lie) If they were told that the boys would be encouraged to pray with the Muslim men while the girls would be separated?

I would have no problem with my child going to a Mosque to see the architecture, to learn about their culture, but this was not that...watch the video...

How do you know? The article for one was biased, and didn't go into what the parents were told. Did you see the permission slip? When you find a statement from the parents, let me know.

I would be suing the last penny out of that school district if my child had been on the field trip. Teaching culture is one thing, teaching religion is a different matter.

I love the subtle brainwashing. Notice that the girls are segregated out.

All you would had to do is, not sign the permission slip. ;)

Its not as easy as all of that. The idea of learning about other cultures is a very good thing. I would have had not problem signing that from as i do not have a problem with muslim culture. If it said anything about participating in prayer being included in the trip, that is a different matter and i would have not allowed them to go.

WTF? Children learning about different cultures. The humanity.

I would also like to see where the children were forced. I am also sure their parents had to sign permission slips.

The American Thinker (as you probably already know) is conservative baised and routinely engages in the culture war against all things liberal.

It seems as those these children went on a field trip to the mosque just as a cultural experience and our conservative friends are over-reacting (there's a shock)

obviously, contrary to what our conservative board members emphatically claim, liberals do NOT want ANY children having ANY religion forced on them, christian OR muslim or...whatever....

and as to "where are the field trips to catholic or protestant churches" I say...

cons...you go right ahead and schedule those field trips for your children

and all children whose parents want them to go along can go along

I imagine the reason this field trip was scheduled was because of todays climate, what with so many conservatives overreacting to ALL muslims because of their fear and hatred (justifiable) of violent extremist muslims

I would also like to see where the children were forced. I am also sure their parents had to sign permission slips.

The American Thinker (as you probably already know) is conservative baised and routinely engages in the culture war against all things liberal.

It seems as those these children went on a field trip to the mosque just as a cultural experience and our conservative friends are over-reacting (there's a shock)

obviously, contrary to what our conservative board members emphatically claim, liberals do NOT want ANY children having ANY religion forced on them, christian OR muslim or...whatever....

and as to "where are the field trips to catholic or protestant churches" I say...

cons...you go right ahead and schedule those field trips for your children

and all children whose parents want them to go along can go along

I imagine the reason this field trip was scheduled was because of todays climate, what with so many conservatives overreacting to ALL muslims because of their fear and hatred (justifiable) of violent extremist muslims

Did you see the video?.....it's plain that the woman in charge LIED to them about history....it's clear that the girls were separated from the boys and that the boys were surrounded by men and encouraged to pray to Allah. You can see it in the video.

You didn't watch the video. The permission slips said nothing about the children participating in prayer...and the parents weren't told afterward.

This is simply unacceptable. And I'd say that if the field trip was to a synagogue or to a church.

Just ignore Luissa. She is an intellectual lightweight who is no way qualified to comment on any subject of substance.

I see nothing wrong with it.

Looks like the children had a good time. :eusa_angel:
Would you mind your child going to a mosque and praying the Shema Yisrael?

as a cultural experience?

no

just like I didn't mind when they went to a catholic church with their friends to see what it was like
Were they taken there by a public school teacher as part of an outing paid for by tax dollars?

How does this not violate the Establishment Clause the left is so fond of waving about?

Simple. Christianity Bad, Islam good!!!

lol
For a lot of folks, yes. Had this been a field trip to a Christian church, the tone of this thread would be quite different. Guaranteed.
This is absolutely outrageous, and the fact that Liberals are not up in arms about simply exposes the double standard and dishonesty we all already knew was there.
Indeed. :clap2:

I hope the aclu sues the fuck out of the school and the teaches get fired

I wonder what your reaction would be had the students been taken to a Christian church, lied to about history and then separated by sex and participated in prayer.....

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

how is participating in the actual practice of a religion learning about its culture? did you pray to odin when learning about norse mythology?

You didn't watch the video. The permission slips said nothing about the children participating in prayer...and the parents weren't told afterward.

This is simply unacceptable. And I'd say that if the field trip was to a synagogue or to a church.

indeed. once they started joining in the prayer that was unacceptable. separating the kids is also ridiculous.

And you know what I could have done, if I didn't want my child to go? Not sign the permission slip.:eek:

And I wouldn't have cared, just like my parents didn't care when we did the same thing when learning about the Native American culture, or the Japanese culture in school. At the Japanese culture center, we even learned some of their religious practices. YOu guys act like the school forced the parents to sign the permission slip or bring their children to school that day.

did you pray to their gods during a live service ?

Forum List

Back