Proxy War

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
This has merit worth thinking about:
http://americanthinker.com/comments.php?comments_id=34

The EU's 'proxy war' using Palestinian cannon fodder

Ilka Schroeder, a 25 year old former German Green Party member, who is now a member of the EU Parliament,has delivered an important address at the Center for German Studies of Ben Gurion University in Israel. She characterized the Palestinian Intifada as a European proxy war on America.

"The Europeans supported the Palestinian Authority with the aim of becoming its main sponsor, and through this, challenge the U.S. and present themselves as the future global power. Therefore, the Al-Aksa Intifada should be understood as a proxy war between Europe and the United States."

Schroeder would seem to be following the path of David Horowitz, from radical leftist to conservative truth-teller. Her “conversion experience” consisted of launching an investigation into the diversion of € 250 million in EU aid for the Palestinian people into corrupt uses, including the financing of terror attacks on innocent civilians. She characterizes this diversion as an “open secret” within EU officialdom, one which has the implicit endorsement of the EU powers that be.

Read the article. It marks an important moment in the EU’s self-understanding, and in America’s and other freedom-loving peoples’ – including especially Israel – understanding of the real motives of Europe’s ruling elites.

Posted by Thomas 12 24 03

This isn't the converting moment of Ilka. she's had her doubts for a while:
European Parliament in favour of preventive spying: Data collection in the EU "Better than the Stasi"
http://www.apc.org/english/news/index.shtml?x=5045

A similar article in a blog with a collection of articles on the EU, almost a clone to the one Kathi posted:
http://www.alphapatriot.com/home/archives/002046.html

:eek:

If this is true about the F-G supporting militant factions in Palestine, I don't know what to say. Such a relationship would go back to Hitler's dealings with the grand Mufti.

On the interpretation of militant Palestinians as cannon fodder, that seems to parallel the cold war tactics of funding rebels in middle countries carried out between the US and the USSR and China. So that would mean that the EU is waging a cold war against the US?

posted by nbdysfu
So that would mean that the EU is waging a cold war against the US?

That was the point I got out of the article, also that they seem to have zippo conscience regarding the use of the Palestinians, the misuse of their money, and the cost to jews.

Did you get something else? I'm going to look at your links now. She reminds me of the conversion of David Horowitz, from militant to right winger.

One point where I may have a different take from the article is their statement of the EU presenting itself in the conflict as "the global power."

I would have thought of it more as the traditional european concept of "balance of power" in which two superpowers claim to prevent constant struggle by absorbing all conflict in superbattles that don't happen as often. Advocation of establishing such a b.o.p. ignores the divisive effects it has. And here, where the EU stoops to choosing wrong for its own good shows the establishment of such an artificial division to be morally corrupt. The only way a globally powerful eu can truly arise is if it first brings the US allies down to its own standards.

In my mind there is no doubt that EU wishes to have the US power diminished, however possible. I don't think any, except for the French, still harbor imperialistic ideas, but they are very quick to attribute such to the US.

Hehe. Just the other day before christmas one of my coworkers stated that he was angry about how 'eurocentric' the administration was being in regards to the Iraq controversy between Fance and the US. While I understand the logic of what he meant, it was seriously flawed as to who was being eurocentric. He wasn't French. He was just an American who hasn't bothered to read anything other than the times in five years.

There are too many 'enlightened' Americans who believe there really is codified 'international law' and yes, only read NYT or WaPo for their news. I am not by any means an isolationist, but I am an American first. I think it important that we consult with our friends and discuss, whenever possible with our enemies. More important is to know which are which.

I think it good that we did not bring the French into the loop regarding Libya, they need to know we are serious and diplomacy in and of itself did not seem to be getting the message across.

"She characterized the Palestinian Intifada as a European proxy war on America."

No, actually, the War in the Middle East is the U.S.'s proxy war for Israel.

Ilka Schroeder, a 25 year old former German Green Party member, who is now a member of the EU Parliament,has delivered an important address at the Center for German Studies of Ben Gurion University in Israel. She characterized the Palestinian Intifada as a European proxy war on America.

"The Europeans supported the Palestinian Authority with the aim of becoming its main sponsor, and through this, challenge the U.S. and present themselves as the future global power. Therefore, the Al-Aksa Intifada should be understood as a proxy war between Europe and the United States."

Schroeder would seem to be following the path of David Horowitz, from radical leftist to conservative truth-teller. Her “conversion experience” consisted of launching an investigation into the diversion of € 250 million in EU aid for the Palestinian people into corrupt uses, including the financing of terror attacks on innocent civilians. She characterizes this diversion as an “open secret” within EU officialdom, one which has the implicit endorsement of the EU powers that be.

Read the article. It marks an important moment in the EU’s self-understanding, and in America’s and other freedom-loving peoples’ – including especially Israel – understanding of the real motives of Europe’s ruling elites.

I just hit "last page" in error and found this interesting thread in which sincere, thoughtful posters discussed what, nine years later, is still a relevant issue. I suppose they have all left this board but perhaps some of our camel crappers who whine about the lack of respect their posts receive would take note of what intelligent discourse looks like. Those hapless Palestiniians have been cannon fodder for more than just their European comrades.

I just hit "last page" in error and found this interesting thread in which sincere, thoughtful posters discussed what, nine years later, is still a relevant issue. I suppose they have all left this board but perhaps some of our camel crappers who whine about the lack of respect their posts receive would take note of what intelligent discourse looks like. Those hapless Palestiniians have been cannon fodder for more than just their European comrades.

I'm still here, so is Wm. Joyce. :doubt:

:clap2:

Smart conversation. Where many of the discussions as worthwhile as this thread back in the day?

Smart conversation. Where many of the discussions as worthwhile as this thread back in the day?

It was a much smaller board back then, certainly not as 'mean.' I think people listened to one another more, Wm Joyce proving the rule as the exception.

posted by nbdysfu

That was the point I got out of the article, also that they seem to have zippo conscience regarding the use of the Palestinians, the misuse of their money, and the cost to jews.

Did you get something else? I'm going to look at your links now. She reminds me of the conversion of David Horowitz, from militant to right winger.

And, you had the epiphany just now? The Arab League created the pal refugees by going to war with Israel in '48 and have used them as political pawns since then.

posted by nbdysfu

And, you had the epiphany just now? The Arab League created the pal refugees by going to war with Israel in '48 and have used them as political pawns since then.

The point of the OP was the realization that the EU had officially joined the use-the-Pals-for-cannon-fodder cabal.

It was a much smaller board back then, certainly not as 'mean.' I think people listened to one another more, Wm Joyce proving the rule as the exception.

He seems to have had a less than sincere agenda. Sorta like he too was using the Palestinians. Has he changed for the better since '03 or perhaps become just more cryptic?

He seems to have had a less than sincere agenda. Sorta like he too was using the Palestinians. Has he changed for the better since '03 or perhaps become just more cryptic?

He hates the Jews and all non-whites.

Ah, one of those. Does he admit it or deny?

Ah, one of those. Does he admit it or deny?

He's a proud white man. I'd personally hoped the birth of his child might temper it a bit, alas.

Forum List

Back