Prove it (or at least provide some evidence)!

1. Repealing the Bush Tax cuts and making Billionaires and Millionaires pay more in tax will kill jobs.

2, Millionaires and Billionaires create jobs (name them and describe the jobs)

3. Only the private sector creates jobs.

4. Shrinking government will jump start our economy (explain how adding thousands to the unemployment roles will benefit commerce, small business and the real estate market).

5. Gay & Lesbian Marriage threatens traditional marriage.

6. Citizens United v. FEC is good for America.

Your thread, your claims, your burden

They're not my claims. I doubt anyone of the six are true, and yet they are offered as truths everyday on this message board.

Where?
By whom?

And the beat goes on...! Claims made by many on the right cannot be supported by evidence. If these claims were true, someone would have offered real world examples and that has not been posted. Instead those who defend the top four as immutable truths protest the thread and attack the messenger.

I offer once again the opportunity for those who believe these four unproven yet oft repeated bullet points to prove they are something more than propaganda with no basis in reality for anyone to believe them:

1. Repealing the Bush Tax cuts and making Billionaires and Millionaires pay more in tax will kill jobs.

4. Shrinking government will jump start our economy (explain how adding thousands to the unemployment roles will benefit commerce, small business and the real estate market).

As an added incentive bullet points five and six are open for proof too:

I believe the New Right advocacy of the truth of these points has no foundation in the real world. So, the question is, why do those on the fringe of the right wing believe the ridiculous?

And the beat goes on...! Claims made by many on the right cannot be supported by evidence. If these claims were true, someone would have offered real world examples and that has not been posted. Instead those who defend the top four as immutable truths protest the thread and attack the messenger.

I offer once again the opportunity for those who believe these four unproven yet oft repeated bullet points to prove they are something more than propaganda with no basis in reality for anyone to believe them:

I believe the New Right advocacy of the truth of these points has no foundation in the real world. So, the question is, why do those on the fringe of the right wing believe the ridiculous?

I think you should pile up a few more hay bales. At least two or three more high.

I think you should pile up a few more hay bales. At least two or three more high.

Another stupid comment from a proud and loud member of the New Right. I don't need to shore up the foundation for my questions, you and others on the right need more than hay bales to support the absurdity of your beliefs.

Still no evidence that the foundation of the New Right's ideology is anything but bullshit. How sad, so many of the echo chamber believe these points are immutable truths yet are unable to explain why or offer evidence that some truth might attach to them.

Instead of a picture ID to vote maybe states ought to require an intelligence test before a resident is allowed to vote.

Why don't you point out a nation that has ever taxed itself into prosperity.

France, Japan, Germany, Sweden, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea and England.

Strictly temporary. Unsustainable.

One thing leftists are incapable of understanding is eventually you run out of other people's money.

Actually, no they didn't tax themselves into prosperity, They were far more prosperous when their taxes were low. Their rate of economic growth has declined with each increase in their tax rates.

Been at it for at least sixty-five years now. That's a pretty good run for something that's strictly temporary and unsustainable. When do you predict the richest countries in the world are going to break down?

Been at it for at least sixty-five years now. That's a pretty good run for something that's strictly temporary and unsustainable. When do you predict the richest countries in the world are going to break down?
They haven't been at it at the same level for 65 years. And as the entitlement class grows, their economies get worse.

Government is not the solution to every problem. Heresy, I know.

They haven't been at it at the same level for 65 years. And as the entitlement class grows, their economies get worse.

Cliché, I know.

And still no evidence that the foundation of the New Right's ideology is anything but bullshit. How sad, so many of the echo chamber believe these points are immutable truths yet are unable to explain why or offer evidence that some truth might attach to them. All they have left are idiotgrams - hay bales indeed.

Cliché, I know.
And yet, oddly enough, it's true.

It's just that some people don't like to be reminded of it.

And still no evidence that the foundation of the New Right's ideology is anything but bullshit. How sad, so many of the echo chamber believe these points are immutable truths yet are unable to explain why or offer evidence that some truth might attach to them. All they have left are idiotgrams - hay bales indeed.
You don't want discussion. You want immediate, unquestioning acceptance and endorsement.

Your mind is as closed as any fundamentalist's. It's funny how you pretend you're superior.

Really? Let's check that.

Post-WWII Western European Exceptionalism: The Economic Dimension

As this article suggests, the mixed or social-democratic economy of Europe was fully in place not long after World War II ended (actually parts of it preceded the war). The consequence was unprecedented economic growth, which is exactly what demand-side economics would predict. The same thing happened in the U.S. for similar reasons, although the article doesn't discuss that. What ended it?

"I believe that western European exceptionalism ended because it was assassinated. It was assassinated by an odd combination of oil barons, union leaders, and monetarists. Without the tripling of world oil prices in 1973 and again in 1979, the pressure to do something to reduce inflation would have been much weaker. It was strong pressure to do something to reduce inflation that broke down the alliance between social democratic welfare-state politicians and union leaders. The first pressured the second to sacrifice the real wages of union members in support of the fight against inflation. The second refused. The consequence was, first, higher inflation and, second, a shift in political power to the right and the turnover of power to make monetary policy to central banks interested in halting inflation no matter what the cost."

This, the author says, is what has damaged European economic performance: not the institutions of social democracy, but rather the turning away from that philosophy. And I would add that the same thing is true in the U.S. and has been since 1981.

It was certainly not the European social welfare institutions. Or if it was, this was surely the longest-delayed economic reaction in history.

Straw man, actually, not heresy. Nice try, though.

You don't want discussion. You want immediate, unquestioning acceptance and endorsement.

Your mind is as closed as any fundamentalist's. It's funny how you pretend you're superior.

And still no answer to the basic question. My motivation isn't relevant, you and other proud and loud members of the echo chamber continue to post the truth of the bullet points I posted, yet cannot provide any evidence of their validity.

My mind is open, post something of substance if you can and refute my premises.

Really? Let's check that.

Post-WWII Western European Exceptionalism: The Economic Dimension

As this article suggests, the mixed or social-democratic economy of Europe was fully in place not long after World War II ended (actually parts of it preceded the war). The consequence was unprecedented economic growth, which is exactly what demand-side economics would predict. The same thing happened in the U.S. for similar reasons, although the article doesn't discuss that. What ended it?

"I believe that western European exceptionalism ended because it was assassinated. It was assassinated by an odd combination of oil barons, union leaders, and monetarists. Without the tripling of world oil prices in 1973 and again in 1979, the pressure to do something to reduce inflation would have been much weaker. It was strong pressure to do something to reduce inflation that broke down the alliance between social democratic welfare-state politicians and union leaders. The first pressured the second to sacrifice the real wages of union members in support of the fight against inflation. The second refused. The consequence was, first, higher inflation and, second, a shift in political power to the right and the turnover of power to make monetary policy to central banks interested in halting inflation no matter what the cost."

This, the author says, is what has damaged European economic performance: not the institutions of social democracy, but rather the turning away from that philosophy. And I would add that the same thing is true in the U.S. and has been since 1981.

It was certainly not the European social welfare institutions. Or if it was, this was surely the longest-delayed economic reaction in history.
It's not my fault if you refuse to see what's wrong with the system you support.

Straw man, actually, not heresy. Nice try, though.
Really? Are you saying you don't advocate government solutions?

And still no answer to the basic question. My motivation isn't relevant, you and other proud and loud members of the echo chamber continue to post the truth of the bullet points I posted, yet cannot provide any evidence of their validity.

Your insistence that your laughable premise hasn't been refuted only proves my point.

:lol:

Your insistence that your laughable premise hasn't been refuted only proves my point.

Please copy and paste the refutations. My 'premise' is in reality a series of questions asking for evidence to support the postulates conservatives argue are truths. Submit the proofs or a least some evidence to support what are nothing more than assumptions, assumptions used to build an ideology to support callous conservatives avarice and bigotry.

Forum List

Back