CDZ Prostitution, why should it be illegal?

Regarding the "religious" objections to prostitution:

Is it merely "religious" to oppose the total degradation of women?

Is it "religious" to oppose something that attacks the most important building block of a civilized society - faithful marriage?

Is it "religious" to oppose something that normally and naturally spreads disease?

Is it "religious" to oppose something that for thousands of years has funded human trafficking?

Does the fact that women are willing to be degraded in exchange for money change the fact that they are being degraded?

Would you be upset if your daughter told you she wants to grow up to be a "sex worker"? If so, why? If not, why?

Religious?

Jesus.

What are the debates for prostitution being illegal which don't involve religious objections? We can test the workers for disease, we can tax it, what willing people do doesn't concern me.

Before I sound too much like what our Tea Party fellows pretend to be, I don't support drugs besides alcohol and pot being legal. You just can't have ppl running about on PCP. But if they could go rent a whore instead of getting high life would be better.

Right?

We have far too many people in jail for behavior we disapprove of and nothing more. Prostitution, drug abuse, gambling, plural marriages, etc. We can have ordinances to prevent school bus drivers from doing coke or hiding the second and third concurrent marriages so we can keep the protections; If you want to put a ordinance in place to keep in-home parents from abusing drugs during the first 10 years of life? I’ll listen to the arguement. we do need stop jailing folks for victimless crimes.

Our President buys prostitutes all the time and nobody has cared. I say go agead and legalize it.

What are the debates for prostitution being illegal which don't involve religious objections? We can test the workers for disease, we can tax it, what willing people do doesn't concern me.

Before I sound too much like what our Tea Party fellows pretend to be, I don't support drugs besides alcohol and pot being legal. You just can't have ppl running about on PCP. But if they could go rent a whore instead of getting high life would be better.

Right?

legalize
regulate
tax

Right?

legalize
regulate
tax

Not too keen on the tax part of it. But if there is a way to make a buck; the government will do it..

Right?

legalize
regulate
tax

Not too keen on the tax part of it. But if there is a way to make a buck; the government will do it..

It just seems like the type of industry we'll need tobsoemd some money on keeping clean. Literally to make a joke out of a serious statement lol.

Right?

legalize
regulate
tax

it's work
people make a living
they should pay taxes
don't want to gouge anyone or rip them off....just tax them fairly along with the plumber and the baker....and the preacher.....

Right?
Prostitution should be lawful whenever men cannot find nice girls for free.

Right?
Legalize it. And drugs. And abortion. And gun ownership. Everything.

You conservative kids are always babbling on about freedom and shit but you're all about taking it away from folks if it's something you don't like.

Right?

legalize
regulate
tax

it's work
people make a living
they should pay taxes
don't want to gouge anyone or rip them off....just tax them fairly along with the plumber and the baker....and the preacher.....

Sales tax on intercourse…. yeah; I’ll let you write the legislation….LOL.

Right?

legalize
regulate
tax

it's work
people make a living
they should pay taxes

Sales tax on intercourse…. yeah; I’ll let you write the legislation….LOL.
Not necessarily sale's tax.....but have to file quarter taxes like most small business do.

Just think, a boob job could probably be written off as a business expense.

Right?

We have far too many people in jail for behavior we disapprove of and nothing more. Prostitution, drug abuse, gambling, plural marriages, etc. We can have ordinances to prevent school bus drivers from doing coke or hiding the second and third concurrent marriages so we can keep the protections; If you want to put a ordinance in place to keep in-home parents from abusing drugs during the first 10 years of life? I’ll listen to the arguement. we do need stop jailing folks for victimless crimes.

Prostitution is anything but a victimless crime.

Right?

Sometimes prostitution is a victimless crime. If "free" sex between two consenting adults is victimless, then sex between two consenting adults with a business transaction is also victimless.

Right?

Sometimes prostitution is a victimless crime. If "free" sex between two consenting adults is victimless, then sex between two consenting adults with a business transaction is also victimless.

Wrong

Right?

Wrong
Good job of supporting your side of the debate! Not!

When two adults have sex for free, it is good!!!

When two adults have sex for $$$, it is good!! but illegal...…

Two consenting adults having sex is NEVER illegal, but when $$$ is involved between the same two consenting adults, it is suddenly illegal.

The illogic of making prostitution illegal has always astounded me. The sheer waste of police resources, the quick court decision, the use of jails then back on the streets for more of the same, a circular show.

The entire legal system on prostitution is pure illogic.

Last edited:

Right?

Wrong
Good job of supporting your side of the debate! Not!

I’ve already proven that prostitution always coincides with human trafficking.

Prostitution is human sex trafficking. It spreads disease, it spreads misery and it's illegal because selling a human body for profit is a human rights violation....as is making a profit off of those who do it.

Forum List

Back