CDZ Prostitution, why should it be illegal?

When two adults have sex for free, it is good!!!

When two adults have sex for $$$, it is good!! but illegal...…

Two consenting adults having sex is NEVER illegal, but when $$$ is involved between the same two consenting adults, it is suddenly illegal.

The illogic of making prostitution illegal has always astounded me. The sheer waste of police resources, the quick court decision, the use of jails then back on the streets for more of the same, a circular show.

The entire legal system on prostitution is pure illogic.
That's because you don't understand what human rights are, and you don't think humans are worthy of having them.

You're one of those who believes that there is nothing special about humanity, that human life is not sacred or worth defending, that we should never defend vulnerable people who are being exploited, abused, or killed unless it has an immediate effect on YOU personally.

What are the debates for prostitution being illegal which don't involve religious objections? We can test the workers for disease, we can tax it, what willing people do doesn't concern me.

Before I sound too much like what our Tea Party fellows pretend to be, I don't support drugs besides alcohol and pot being legal. You just can't have ppl running about on PCP. But if they could go rent a whore instead of getting high life would be better.

Right?

Prostitution is illegal because people want to force their values on others with government.

We have far too many people in jail for behavior we disapprove of and nothing more. Prostitution, drug abuse, gambling, plural marriages, etc. We can have ordinances to prevent school bus drivers from doing coke or hiding the second and third concurrent marriages so we can keep the protections; If you want to put a ordinance in place to keep in-home parents from abusing drugs during the first 10 years of life? I’ll listen to the arguement. we do need stop jailing folks for victimless crimes.

Prostitution is anything but a victimless crime.
Sometimes prostitution is a victimless crime. If "free" sex between two consenting adults is victimless, then sex between two consenting adults with a business transaction is also victimless.

Wrong
Good job of supporting your side of the debate! Not!

I’ve already proven that prostitution always coincides with human trafficking.
You did not prove that it ALWAYS coincides with human trafficking.

Two consenting adults having sex is NEVER illegal, but when $$$ is involved between the same two consenting adults, it is suddenly illegal.

The illogic of making prostitution illegal has always astounded me. The sheer waste of police resources, the quick court decision, the use of jails then back on the streets for more of the same, a circular show.

That's because you don't understand what human rights are, and you don't think humans are worthy of having them.

You're one of those who believes that there is nothing special about humanity, that human life is not sacred or worth defending, that we should never defend vulnerable people who are being exploited, abused, or killed unless it has an immediate effect on YOU personally.

Ha ha ha,

where did I say we can use, abuse or kill anyone?

I was talking about two CONSENTING people.

Human Rights are based on FREEDOM:

From the U.N.

"What Are Human Rights?
Human rights are rights inherent to all human beings, regardless of race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, or any other status. Human rights include the right to life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, the right to work and education, and many more. Everyone is entitled to these rights, without discrimination."

Having Consensual sex doesn't violate anything on the list, adding a $50 bill still doesn't.

What are the debates for prostitution being illegal which don't involve religious objections? We can test the workers for disease, we can tax it, what willing people do doesn't concern me.

Before I sound too much like what our Tea Party fellows pretend to be, I don't support drugs besides alcohol and pot being legal. You just can't have ppl running about on PCP. But if they could go rent a whore instead of getting high life would be better.

Right?

Prostitution is illegal because people want to force their values on others with government.
No, it's illegal because it's a human rights violation to traffic humans. Even on a rent by the hour basis.

Ha ha ha,

From the U.N.

"What Are Human Rights?
Human rights are rights inherent to all human beings, regardless of race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, or any other status. Human rights include the right to life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, the right to work and education, and many more. Everyone is entitled to these rights, without discrimination."

Having Consensual sex doesn't violate anything on the list, adding a $50 bill still doesn't.
Yes, it does.

Prostitution is human sex trafficking. It spreads disease, it spreads misery and it's illegal because selling a human body for profit is a human rights violation....as is making a profit off of those who do it.

You left out the underworld crime outfits who benefit from the state making pay sex illegal, thus they cause crime, diseases, human trafficking and more...……, since hookers can't escape the life they are often forced into, they get on drugs, get STD and sometimes murdered. Since their activity is judged illegal, they can't go the police who would just arrest them.

Right?

No, it's illegal because it's a human rights violation to traffic humans. Even on a rent by the hour basis.
Prostitution does not have to involve trafficing. Prostitution can be legal with human trafficing (slavery) illegal. We don't have to make banks illegal because people sometimes rob them.

And people can argue that it isn't *consensual* if it's a service. As soon as someone pays for something, it becomes theirs.

In this country, you can't own a person or their body. You can't rent it. We don't do human trafficking, sex trafficking, slavery.

The left is seeking to change that, and they made tremendous strides during the Great Trafficker's regime...Obamites are proud to defend human and sex trafficking. That's how we were subjected to the invasion of human traffickers, drug traffickers, arms traffickers, and child sex traffickers, that the left calls "dreamers".

But the reality, and the truth is thus...trafficking in humans is a human rights violation.

Ha ha ha,

From the U.N.

"What Are Human Rights?

Yes, it does.

You have no idea how silly you look since two people (adults) meeting freely consensually without pressure agree to have a one night stand for money doesn't violate anything.

Prostitution is human sex trafficking. It spreads disease, it spreads misery and it's illegal because selling a human body for profit is a human rights violation....as is making a profit off of those who do it.

You left out the underworld crime outfits who benefit from the state making pay sex illegal, thus they cause crime, diseases, human trafficking and more...……, since hookers can't escape the life they are often forced into, they get on drugs, get STD and sometimes murdered. Since their activity is judged illegal, they can't go the police who would just arrest them.

Oh it's this old blather again. "They're going to do it anyway so make it legal!"

That is not a valid argument. If that were true, we could just make murder and rape legal in order to end it.

Right?

Slavery is, and should be, illegal. If the transactions are voluntary, trying to outlaw them is just forcing your values on others.

Ha ha ha,

From the U.N.

"What Are Human Rights?

Yes, it does.

You have no idea how silly you look since two people (adults) meeting freely consensually without pressure agree to have a one night stand for money doesn't violate anything.

Yes, it does. Which is why by and large, prostitution is illegal.

"Prostitution is incompatible with human dignity and human rights. Universal Human rights cannot be achieved unless this common understanding is respected and upheld."

International law defines prostitution as a human rights violation

Per the UN, who leftist fools idolize:

"The Parties to the present Convention agree to punish any person who, to gratify the passions of another:

(1) Procures, entices or leads away, for purposes of prostitution, another person, even with the consent of that person;

(2) Exploits the prostitution of another person, even with the consent of that person."

OHCHR | Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons

Right?

Slavery is, and should be, illegal. If the transactions are voluntary, trying to outlaw them is just forcing your values on others.

That's what we have laws for. To force people who would otherwise abuse and exploit people to NOT abuse and exploit people. That is the purpose of a law...to prevent the violation of human rights.

It's the primary purpose that our own government is supposed to serve. To protect people from human rights violations that would otherwise be perpetrated against them either by other people, or the government.

And people can argue that it isn't *consensual* if it's a service. As soon as someone pays for something, it becomes theirs.

In this country, you can't own a person or their body. You can't rent it. We don't do human trafficking, sex trafficking, slavery.

The left is seeking to change that, and they made tremendous strides during the Great Trafficker's regime...Obamites are proud to defend human and sex trafficking. That's how we were subjected to the invasion of human traffickers, drug traffickers, arms traffickers, and child sex traffickers, that the left calls "dreamers".

But the reality, and the truth is thus...trafficking in humans is a human rights violation.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Lets see how you reply to this.

A 25 year old man on Main Street seeks to have an afternoon, meets a 22 year old woman around the block, who also wants sex and consents to have it with him.

Both happy for the pleasant afternoon goes back to their apartments. Life goes on,no one complains about it, the police stays at the station eating their doughnuts.

Contrast with this:

A 25 year old man on Main Street seeks to have an afternoon, meets a 22 year old woman around the block, who also wants sex and consents to have it with him.for $50.

oh my god!!! Sex trafficking is ongoing at Apartment door 666, call the cops!

Throw both in jail for the damaging effect of payed consensus sex!

All this over a $50 dollar bill.

That is what I call absurd.

Never have I said I supported sex trafficking, sex slavery or FORCED prostitution.

When two adults do it consensually, peacefully, with money or no money their rights are never violated. It is when they are FORCED into it, then their basic human right has been violated.

Forum List

Back