Prostitution and Drugs

sagegirl said:
There is a term for this process: risk management. Just about every activity involves some sort of risk.....so if we are concerned about our own well being/safety and the well being of others we try to reduce the risk.
Prostitution: The prosititutes and their customers are both taking risks, health risks of course, and a risk of violence, robbery, and arrest. Regulation of this kind of behavior would help to reduce these risks, however some would still work outside of the system.....(it is not all about sex, that element of it is really pretty straight forward), and the negative elements of power, violence, victimization, and perversion etc. would remain "on the streets". We cant make everything right for everybody. For the secondary victims of STD's etc. my advice would be to pick your partner carefully and know them well enough to know that they can be trusted, no small order. If you have multiple sex partners you can be pretty sure your partners do too.. eventually you will catch or pass something on.
I support the right for all of us to choose our risks without the fear of committing a crime or being the victim of corruption. There is an element of this society that claims to have the higher moral ground on these issues and to them I say you have the right to avoid these problems with "risk management", but they must at the same time recognise that there are those willing to take the risk and there are some advantages to decriminalization and regulation.

Yeah, let's just do away with ALL laws. After all, they all infringe on someone's rights. :rolleyes:

GunnyL said:
Yeah, let's just do away with ALL laws. After all, they all infringe on someone's rights. :rolleyes:

Psst! That means you can shoot the evil wire cowboy without fear of repercussion!

Forum List

Back