Prostitution and Drugs

nucular said:
This assumes that the prostitute is a shrewd and calculating entrepeneur. Unfortunately many prostitutes are victims of thugs and gangsters on the outside, or drugs and poverty on the inside. Then if you visit the prostitute you may be supporting those factors. Particularly in Europe where the prostitutes are frequently slaves from Eastern Europe. Of course in Asia there is a thriving pedophilia trade. How can you say that's victimless? Prostitution has plenty of victims.

I was talking about prostitution purely in and of itself and thinking along the lines of Mustang Ranch in Nevada. Force, fraud, slave trade, and pedophilia are crimes and, as such, have victims. Those who commit such crimes should be severely punished. Thugs and gangsters should be locked up. If you legalize it and regulate it, as we do with alcohol, you reduce much of the criminal element.

sagegirl said:
I kinda like that image, a pesky weed....ahhhhhhh..... you deserved the ding. Your response was so full of inaccuracies and generalizations that it was ridiculous. You have a biased opinion on this matter and there is plenty of rhetoric for it to chew on. This is a good place to state your opinion on things, (hey, we all have a bias or a slant ) BUT if your aim is to claim a fact you have to be able to back it up with reputable LINKS.
Kudos to CivilLiberty on this one.

was well deserved you are not only a "pesky weed" but a jerk to boot! Civil gave the pro on MJ use...I gave the con...both gave links...for every pro link there is a con link...and bright one I was a actual Federal Narcotics investigator so I do have some personal knowledge on the subject...now back to chewing on your puppies doggie bones"Treats" Is that rediculous enough for your highness! :poke:

nucular said:
This assumes that the prostitute is a shrewd and calculating entrepeneur. Unfortunately many prostitutes are victims of thugs and gangsters on the outside, or drugs and poverty on the inside. Then if you visit the prostitute you may be supporting those factors. Particularly in Europe where the prostitutes are frequently slaves from Eastern Europe. Of course in Asia there is a thriving pedophilia trade. How can you say that's victimless? Prostitution has plenty of victims.

I agree...would have rep'd ya but must spread around!

mattskramer said:
I was talking about prostitution purely in and of itself and thinking along the lines of Mustang Ranch in Nevada. Force, fraud, slave trade, and pedophilia are crimes and, as such, have victims. Those who commit such crimes should be severely punished. Thugs and gangsters should be locked up. If you legalize it and regulate it, as we do with alcohol, you reduce much of the criminal element.

Honestly what percentage of prostitutes do you think are horny nymphomaniacs who enjoy casual anonymous sex and choose the profession for that reason?

After figuring out that percentage, the remainder are victims.

nucular said:
Honestly what percentage of prostitutes do you think are horny nymphomaniacs who enjoy casual anonymous sex and choose the profession for that reason?

After figuring out that percentage, the remainder are victims.

Honestly, I'm not aware of any statistical research with respect to your question. I have visited a few prostitutes and casually asked them about it. One said that she actually liked anonymous sex. I think that she was just pretending. All of the others said that it was merely a business transaction but that they greatly enjoy the money and opportunity to make contacts that they received from it. I'm a customer service representative. I don't like my job. I strongly despise the push to take call after call from angry customers. Yet, I like the money and I doubt that I could succeed at another job as well. Perhaps I'm a victim.

mattskramer said:
Powerman is right. Under mutually informed consent, if I have sex with a prostitute, then the only people that might get hurt are the prostitute and myself. Yet, we agreed to take that risk. No one else gets hurt by the act in an of itself. The same goes for any drug transaction.

Oh I see. So dead is less dead if you consent to it. :rolleyes:

mattskramer said:
Honestly, I'm not aware of any statistical research with respect to your question. I have visited a few prostitutes and casually asked them about it. One said that she actually liked anonymous sex. I think that she was just pretending. All of the others said that it was merely a business transaction but that they greatly enjoy the money and opportunity to make contacts that they received from it. I'm a customer service representative. I don't like my job. I strongly despise the push to take call after call from angry customers. Yet, I like the money and I doubt that I could succeed at another job as well. Perhaps I'm a victim.

I doubt your job is as demeaning or dangerous as that of prostitute.

mattskramer said:

Now you have my attention. What "type" of prostitute did you visit? The average junkie street urchin you find around here?

nucular said:
I doubt your job is as demeaning or dangerous as that of prostitute.

I thought about being a liquor store attendant but changed my mind. Anyway, Nevada has pretty strong regulations and the girls know how to protect themselves. Unfortunately, it is not the same in other places were prostitution is illegal and not monitored. As I said before, it should be legal and regulated.

mattskramer said:
It all happened several years ago. I think that they were between 25 and 30 years old. They were thin bit very well built and seemed to be very confident. I doubt that they fit the "junkie street urchin" type.

Was this in a legally regulated environment? If so, ignore my original question.

mattskramer said:

The "Mustang Ranch" was closed down several years ago by the Fed's and Storey County Sheriff's office....The previous owner one infamous "Conforte"
was found in violation of IRS codes and voter fraud and general fraud in Storey County...Seems Mr.Conforte liked to register his girls as legal(not) voters in Storey County....even though they were just part time rotating "Working Girls" from out of State.....
Also Mr.Conforte is still in the prostitution in Brazil!

mattskramer said:
Yes, I support the right for people to choose to do dangerous things. Now go smoke a cancer stick.

Choice is irrelevant to the presence of danger. It eixsts, regardless the reasoning.

How about you go fuck yourself, jackass?

GunnyL said:
Choice is irrelevant to the presence of danger. It eixsts, regardless the reasoning.

How about you go fuck yourself, jackass?

Huh!?! If you choose to not have sex with a prostitute, then you won't be in danger of contacting STD. If you don't smoke, there is less of a likelihood of developing lung cancer. There is still a chance contacting STD through promiscuous sex with other women or with a cheating partner. There is still a chance of contacting lung cancer via other toxic substances and genetic predisposition. Life has many risks and dangers. You make your choices, take your chances, and accept the consequences. So - I guess we agree with your last post unless there was an implied message.

mattskramer said:
Huh!?! If you choose to not have sex with a prostitute, then you won't be in danger of contacting STD. If you don't smoke, there is less of a likelihood of developing lung cancer. There is still a chance contacting STD through promiscuous sex with other women or with a cheating partner. There is still a chance of contacting lung cancer via other toxic substances and genetic predisposition. Life has many risks and dangers. You make your choices, take your chances, and accept the consequences. So - I guess we agree with your last post unless there was an implied message.

I don't believe the topic is about choosing not to; rather, it is about choosing to. If everyone was choosing not to, then this issue, and thread, would be moot.

GunnyL said:
I don't believe the topic is about choosing not to; rather, it is about choosing to. If everyone was choosing not to, then this issue, and thread, would be moot.

Yep. And I think that adults should be allowed to do things that may be risky and unhealthy: (smoke, eat fatty cheeseburgers, exchange sex for money, exchange drug's for money, play football and boxing, etc.)

mattskramer said:
Yes, I support the right for people to choose to do dangerous things. Now go smoke a cancer stick.

There is a term for this process: risk management. Just about every activity involves some sort of risk.....so if we are concerned about our own well being/safety and the well being of others we try to reduce the risk.
Prostitution: The prosititutes and their customers are both taking risks, health risks of course, and a risk of violence, robbery, and arrest. Regulation of this kind of behavior would help to reduce these risks, however some would still work outside of the system.....(it is not all about sex, that element of it is really pretty straight forward), and the negative elements of power, violence, victimization, and perversion etc. would remain "on the streets". We cant make everything right for everybody. For the secondary victims of STD's etc. my advice would be to pick your partner carefully and know them well enough to know that they can be trusted, no small order. If you have multiple sex partners you can be pretty sure your partners do too.. eventually you will catch or pass something on.
I support the right for all of us to choose our risks without the fear of committing a crime or being the victim of corruption. There is an element of this society that claims to have the higher moral ground on these issues and to them I say you have the right to avoid these problems with "risk management", but they must at the same time recognise that there are those willing to take the risk and there are some advantages to decriminalization and regulation.

sagegirl said:
There is a term for this process: risk management. Just about every activity involves some sort of risk.....so if we are concerned about our own well being/safety and the well being of others we try to reduce the risk.
Prostitution: The prosititutes and their customers are both taking risks, health risks of course, and a risk of violence, robbery, and arrest. Regulation of this kind of behavior would help to reduce these risks, however some would still work outside of the system.....(it is not all about sex, that element of it is really pretty straight forward), and the negative elements of power, violence, victimization, and perversion etc. would remain "on the streets". We cant make everything right for everybody. For the secondary victims of STD's etc. my advice would be to pick your partner carefully and know them well enough to know that they can be trusted, no small order. If you have multiple sex partners you can be pretty sure your partners do too.. eventually you will catch or pass something on.
I support the right for all of us to choose our risks without the fear of committing a crime or being the victim of corruption. There is an element of this society that claims to have the higher moral ground on these issues and to them I say you have the right to avoid these problems with "risk management", but they must at the same time recognise that there are those willing to take the risk and there are some advantages to decriminalization and regulation.

Wow. Very well put.

Forum List

Back