CDZ Proposed Infrastructure Program can it be Done?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Infrastructure requires the following:

State and local matching funds which are hard to raise because voters and politicians get snookered by sports franchises with great regularity and urinate away money that could be better used almost anywhere else and that is a continuous budget cancer. Then there are gee whiz feel good investments like the high speed railway to no where in CA, which brings me to my second point.

Where's the room to put a space force launch site, airport, back up grids for electricity and communications and so on? building infrastructure attracts business to the site.

Where will all of those businesses come from? from higher tax areas. Won't that lead to more Detroits or Baltimores? Yes it will. Will this make the SALT deduction CAP much worse in a hurry? Yes. So, how bad will this get?

The country we once knew is turning into swiss cheese. Will we Escape From New York?

The country we once knew is turning into swiss cheese. Will we Escape From New York?
I seriously doubt it. To go wonky on you we know way too many things that are simply not so like decreasing returns. Increasing returns were the result of the industrial revolution in the mid 1700s and no one has yet been able to model how that is possible. The economy being a chaotical system cannot even be explained in hindsight is not taught. And "High Wire" which did explain how the meltdown would hit barely before it did so is dirt cheap now. And hardly ever quoted.

We may need borders within our borders.
I doubt that. In fact I just posted another thread to see if any of the members could come up with an argument over when will the pres run out of low hanging fruit due to the low growth under Obama. So, far POTUS Trump hasn't gone wrong on the assumption that everything Obama did 2009-16 was stupid. But that can only go so far.

Forum List

Back