Prophecy Clarified

Originally posted by dilloduck
You mean after all this you still need your faith verified?
I need my faith verified every day and sometimes much more often. The Bible says that Satan will tempt us and attempt to turn us away from our beliefs. So yes, after all this, I still need my faith verified. Perhaps I am too weak, but so be it. Many are too weak and tempted.

Frankly, in many ways I view your "challenges" as a way of testing my faith. Therefore, I am not offended by them. The more you challenge, the more I must study and the stronger my faith becomes. Therefore, THANK YOU!

ok my point is that even I accept that 10 predictions have come true in 1000 years, it's hardly something to take to the bank--Nostradamus did better than that.

Kind of funny how you equate text written 1000 years ago in Greek and Hebrew, remaining undecipehered because it is normal language, with poetic quatrains written in multiple languages and code simply producing riddles by a man just a few HUNDRED years ago.

No man can tell the future. God inspired the Bible.

Lemme repost with simpler punctuation:

Kind of funny how you equate text -written 1000 years ago in Greek and Hebrew, remaining undecipehered because it is normal language,

with

poetic quatrains written in multiple languages and code simply producing riddles by a man just a few HUNDRED years ago.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Lemme repost with simpler punctuation:

Kind of funny how you equate text -written 1000 years ago in Greek and Hebrew, remaining undecipehered because it is normal language,

with

poetic quatrains written in multiple languages and code simply producing riddles by a man just a few HUNDRED years ago.

Whew---again--text written 1000 years ago---are you saying it cant be translated into english?

Whew---again--text written 1000 years ago---are you saying it cant be translated into english?

My point is it wasn't originally written as complex and vague as your reference to Nostradamus would have everyone believe.

It was understood simply by common folk.

OK I think I deciphered what you said. It was written in Greek and Hebrew and the educated people could read Greek and Hebrew. So it didn't need to be explained to them from a language viewpoint. Sorry--decipher inplied to me that it was in some kind of code.

I can compare them easily and would give Nostradamus the edge. More of his prophecies have come to pass and he had less time for his predictions to come true. Could his writings not been inspired by God also?

OK I think I deciphered what you said. It was written in Greek and Hebrew and the educated people could read Greek and Hebrew.

"Educated" ?

I can compare them easily and would give Nostradamus the edge. More of his prophecies have come to pass and he had less time for his predictions to come true.

If you can compare, you can prove.

I call you on it.

Could his writings not been inspired by God also?

No man can see the future.

The authors of the Bible did not see the future. They had visions as indicated in scripture that WERE NOT VIEWS OF THE FUTURE but were visions which had to be almost a dream in nature:

Like Daniel's statue and revelation's beasts.

If Nostradamus dabbled in witchcraft, he was not a Christian.
If he "saw" the future, no - he could not have visions given to him by God. If his views contradict scripture, they were not given by God either.

Lets take it step by step.

You claimed you could compare and you must therefore be able to prove. I call you on it. Open a thread for your show of proof and we will see.

Sorry newguy--not even going to go there ! Claim your hollow victory now if it floats your boat but I've been there before with you and its a waste of time. You will basically say
The Bible is always right
The Bible proves itself right
Therefore, you are right

I don't think you will ever see the weakness of this argument.

Yes I assume the people who read the early Greek and Hebrew texts to be educated enough to at least read. Someone was certainly educated enough to write them or did God write it down for them in a vision?

Nostadamus's predictions vs The Bible's Prophecies
Are you kidding me, the Bible carries much more weight than any one man.

Sorry newguy--not even going to go there ! Claim your hollow victory now if it floats your boat but I've been there before with you and its a waste of time. You will basically say
The Bible is always right
The Bible proves itself right
Therefore, you are right

I don't think you will ever see the weakness of this argument.

You can't do it. That's what I thought.
No, you have NEVER been there before. Not once have you tried to prove anything with Nostradamus.

Yes I assume the people who read the early Greek and Hebrew texts to be educated enough to at least read. Someone was certainly educated enough to write them or did God write it down for them in a vision?

You used the word "educated" as if it were only a select few that could read. That is why I asked.

Methinks thou hast been offended by being called on thine baloney post.

Like I predicted------take your self-declared hollow victory and lame proofs and waste someone elses time. I havent discussed Nostradamus wth you. I was merely pointing out how all of our religious discussions have ended. You claim victory---case closed.

Like I predicted------take your self-declared hollow victory and lame proofs and waste someone elses time. I havent discussed Nostradamus wth you. I was merely pointing out how all of our religious discussions have ended. You claim victory---case closed.
And like I predicted this morning.... your desire to have a discussion was just a set-up. Don't start something if you are not willing to finish it. Why mention Nostradomus if you can't back up your assertations? It makes you look quite foolish honestly. At least NewGuy backs up or at least attempts to back up what he believes. You just spew forth crap and then run when presented the opportunity to provide support for your claims.

Like I predicted------take your self-declared hollow victory and lame proofs and waste someone elses time.

Actually, YOUR statement declaired it.

I havent discussed Nostradamus wth you. I was merely pointing out how all of our religious discussions have ended.

You said you did.

You claim victory---case closed.

1. No, I did not.
2. It was YOUR assertion.
3. You couldn't close a case of the hives much less a discussion with me.

I will close my own discussion when I choose.

You have run, so my offer still stands even when you return.

Originally posted by NewGuy

Hold everything. You think I cannot prove the Bible?

Hey what branch of Christianity did Jesus follow? One little old black lady told me that he was a Southern Baptist.

Did Paul of Tarsus have much to do with creating Christianity and who wrote the the New Testmaent Gospels? Were Mark, Luke, and John the authors?

Originally posted by ajwps
Hey what branch of Christianity did Jesus follow?

What kind of question is that, and what does it have to do with proving Biblical text accurate?

One little old black lady told me that he was a Southern Baptist.

Nice to know. I will assume your comments are supposed to be insulting to me.

Did Paul of Tarsus write most of the New Testament and who wrote the Gospels?

Your point?

-Or do you just want to be a troll?

Originally posted by freeandfun1
And like I predicted this morning.... your desire to have a discussion was just a set-up. Don't start something if you are not willing to finish it. Why mention Nostradomus if you can't back up your assertations? It makes you look quite foolish honestly. At least NewGuy backs up or at least attempts to back up what he believes. You just spew forth crap and then run when presented the opportunity to provide support for your claims.

I guess humans CAN see the future------you better straighten out newguy

I guess humans CAN see the future------you better straighten out newguy

Knowing the next step in a given trend is NOT seeing the future.

-Or do you think that being able to name the president 80 years in advance would be the same thing?

Forum List

Back