Prop 8 in California

This is total crap. Why does it matter? Let the fags marry! Who is it hurting?

This is the moderate argument from people in the middle, a very good one if you ask me. Still though, it is that apathy from both the middle and the left that allowed the the mormons to outspend, out campaign, and fool the majority of conservative religious folks in California into believing unadulturated lies, and to brainwashing them into caring enough about many peoples unwillingness to teach children what they will eventually find out about anyway, to get out and vote about it. They used fear to motivate the base, while the left and the middle just assumed that this type of biggotry did not exist in California anymore therefore we would just apathetically leave the campaigning up someone else. I am guilty of this myself.

This is the moderate argument from people in the middle, a very good one if you ask me. Still though, it is that apathy from both the middle and the left that allowed the the mormons to outspend, out campaign, and fool the majority of conservative religious folks in California into believing unadulturated lies, and to brainwashing them into caring enough about many peoples unwillingness to teach children what they will eventually find out about anyway, to get out and vote about it. They used fear to motivate the base, while the left and the middle just assumed that this type of biggotry did not exist in California anymore therefore we would just apathetically leave the campaigning up someone else. I am guilty of this myself.
Could it be as simple as the fact that the majority of American don't want homo marriage? :cool:

Is there anybody dumb enough to believe that gay marriage won't come to the United States?

Gays are not decreasing, nor is their presence in American society where today they can openly and freely be themselves.

The war on gays has failed. Their presence in society and political clout is increasing.

It's only a matter of time.

I hear much talk about the "people have spoken" in the case of Prop 8 it appears that the people of the state of Ca. have spoken. Now however as this result does not satisfy those that are on the other side of the issue, it will soon find it's way into court again and soon it will be struck down by the 9th Circuit once more. Ca. is not the only state that this issue was passed in, it was also passed here in Az. and Fl. While on a personal level , I see nothing wrong with allowing gay couples the right to marry as it seems to be a harmless issue. If the state in which they reside do not wish this to be the case and have voiced their opinion through the ballot box then that should be respected.

I hear much talk about the "people have spoken" in the case of Prop 8 it appears that the people of the state of Ca. have spoken. Now however as this result does not satisfy those that are on the other side of the issue, it will soon find it's way into court again and soon it will be struck down by the 9th Circuit once more. Ca. is not the only state that this issue was passed in, it was also passed here in Az. and Fl. While on a personal level , I see nothing wrong with allowing gay couples the right to marry as it seems to be a harmless issue. If the state in which they reside do not wish this to be the case and have voiced their opinion through the ballot box then that should be respected.

I have no problems with this perspective.

However, it's just a matter of time.

It took African-Americans 364 years just to find relative freedom.

Rights are determined by what you can demand, and gays, like hispanics, will soon be in a position to demand.

Gay couples deserve the same treatment as a straight couple gets. Instead of the word married couple, take out the married, you are left with couple. A couple is defined in Webster as two persons married, engaged, or romantically paired. So if that is the case, they should define two people married, engaged, or romantically paired as a couple. That could be man and woman, man and man, and woman and man. You don't see straight people trying to say, a man and a woman should be redefine in the word gay as you see gays trying to redefine the meaning of marriage. Gays have more freedom in the U.S. than say the Middle East. To say they are restrict is beyond me. Imagine if gays try to impose their own individual rights in a dominant muslim country. Would they get the same treatment there than the United States.

In Somolia, we had a 13 year old girl gang raped. Her punishment, stone to death in front of 1,000 spectators in a arena. The world hates the U.S. because we went into Iraq but don't have nothing to say about these types of crime committed all over the world.

Last thing, the last eight years have been awful. But are you really that worse off than someone in Sri Lanka?

Last edited:
I have no problems with this perspective.

However, it's just a matter of time.

It took African-Americans 364 years just to find relative freedom.

Rights are determined by what you can demand, and gays, like hispanics, will soon be in a position to demand.

I don't deny that BaC at all, but my position is an election result is what it is. It appears that in some circles people just take the attitude now that , the result or expressed will of the people mean nothing unless it conforms to what that person believes. It is the primary reason I said it will end up in the 9th Circuit, in fact Gavin Newsom has stated today that he intends to keep on allowing marriages in S.F. as does the mayor of L.A.

I don't deny that BaC at all, but my position is an election result is what it is. It appears that in some circles people just take the attitude now that , the result or expressed will of the people mean nothing unless it conforms to what that person believes. It is the primary reason I said it will end up in the 9th Circuit, in fact Gavin Newsom has stated today that he intends to keep on allowing marriages in S.F. as does the mayor of L.A.

They are disobeying the Constitution of their State as the President has with our U.S. Constitution. Too bad they don't get slam in the bus the same way. It's like, they are listening to our private calls. Outraged. But it's okay to see what an employee voted in a secret ballot.

Last edited:
So the lesson is if you don't like the result of Democracy, find an undemocratic board to overturn the result of democracy and overturn it.** typical lefty response -- the ends justify the means. **

course in Missouri the pub legislature passed concealed carry in direct defiance of a statewide voter ballot rejection of the measure...

Gay couples deserve the same treatment as a straight couple gets. Instead of the word married couple, take out the married, you are left with couple. A couple is defined in Webster as two persons married, engaged, or romantically paired. So if that is the case, they should define two people married, engaged, or romantically paired as a couple. That could be man and woman, man and man, and woman and man. You don't see straight people trying to say, a man and a woman should be redefine in the word gay as you see gays trying to redefine the meaning of marriage. Gays have more freedom in the U.S. than say the Middle East. To say they are restrict is beyond me. Imagine if gays try to impose their own individual rights in a dominant muslim country. Would they get the same treatment there than the United States.

In Somolia, we had a 13 year old girl gang raped. Her punishment, stone to death in front of 1,000 spectators in a arena. The world hates the U.S. because we went into Iraq but don't have nothing to say about these types of crime committed all over the world.

Last thing, the last eight years have been awful. But are you really that worse off than someone in Sri Lanka?

I agree with you on gays .. however, there are injustices commited in the US the US doesn't say or do anything about.

... and you should be careful before you invite the US into your politics and social structures. The absolute last thing I want to see is the US military, on its own, in Africa. If military intevention is required it should come from the UN with the US being a part of that force.

Africans, as Sri Lankans, will have to develop the force from within that allows global intervention that will bring justice to their people.

I agree with you on gays .. however, there are injustices commited in the US the US doesn't say or do anything about.

... and you should be careful before you invite the US into your politics and social structures. The absolute last thing I want to see is the US military, on its own, in Africa. If military intevention is required it should come from the UN with the US being a part of that force.

Africans, as Sri Lankans, will have to develop the force from within that allows global intervention that will bring justice to their people.

With the genocides from Sudan (not Sri Lanka) and Rwanda has thought us something, United Nations doesn't do a thing. I remember of the ethnic cleansing in the former Yugoslavia states, UN didn't do a thing. They sent peacekeepers. But like the name, peacekeepers, they just make sure none of their own kind (peacekeepers) get harm or go into harm way.

Here is an example of the UN. Clinton was close to invading Iraq in 1998. However, October that year, UN brokered a deal that sent the weapons inspectors back into Iraq. Clinton stepped back on his threats. December 1998, Saddam kicks out the weapons inspectors. UN do anything to keep Saddam on his promises that he made to the International community after the first Persian Gulf war, not a thing.

UN is more a scam organization that serves the purpose of the top 5% of wealth earners in the world.

Last edited:

I agree to a point.

Elections should stand for something, but what if what the election has decided is unconstitutional? Won't be the first time something like that has happened.

Is opposition to gay marriage unconstitutional? .. I'm not sure, but personally, I hope that's how it's determined by the 9th Circuit .. ehich I agree is where it will end up.

They are disobeying the Constitution of their State as the President has with our U.S. Constitution. Too bad they don't get slam in the bus the same way. It's like, they are listening to our private calls. Outraged. But it's okay to see what an employee voted in a secret ballot.

Well don't take my statement guest as my tacit approval of those mayors actions. In fact it is my opinion the two mayors are basically telling the voters on this measure "we don't care what you say we are going to do what we want" now to me that sounds a lot like something you might find being said from a dictator rather than a real elected official. The point here is if the gay community is dissatisfied with the results in Ca. and even here in Az. then address it in court rather than send the message that voting doesn't matter unless someone votes the way you want them too.

Could it be as simple as the fact that the majority of American don't want homo marriage? :cool:

Could be, but I think its more of the lack of depth, insight, education in some cases. As in your case, the lack of education has led you to accept such a low life, spineless campaign run on showing images of children in jeprody, pushing the idea that somehow their development and values are out of the hands of the parents, and into the hands of prop 8 which had nothing to say about this fallacy!? It is explicit and clear that people were scared (as they always are, about literally everything) that somehow their children will become gay. This has to be the most illogical, dense, explicitly stupid idea that has ever been considered in a serious conversation known to man. Not only is there no evidence whatsoever, to back up this weak claim.....there never was nor will there ever be because these studies have been done countless times, having gay parents will not make you gay. Unless you lack even more insight that Sarah Palin, it is hard not to believe the scientists, phycologists, cultural anthropologists......etc on this one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back