Proof that not all homeless people are worthless (as most seem to think)

I have no doubt that quite a few "saints" are mentally ill.

In days past, and in certain cases today, the ravings of a damaged mind have often been associated with holy vision.

As for all homeless being the same, are you genuinely unfamiliar with the term, "for the most part" ?
well, only 20% of them in this once city i know of were homeless due to drug use

so there's that

so much for sterotypes

well, only 20% of them in this once city i know of were homeless due to drug use

so there's that

so much for sterotypes

Homeless people, for the most part, are homeless because substance abuse or mental illness precludes them from participation in homeless shelter programs, public and private.

The basic level of civility required to stay in a homeless shelter precludes you from:

A) Assaulting, abusing, or stealing from other residents
B) Assaulting, abusing, or stealing from the staff
C) To not take or sell drugs on the premises.
D) To not damage the facility.

If they cannot, because of the aforementioned substance abuse and mental illness, follow those basic rules, the police will be called to eject them from the premise (if they won't go voluntarily) and they will be homeless again.

There is nothing that can be done within the existing system to help these people. The will continue to be on the streets for the rest of their lives. No matter how many homes we build.

Homeless people are individuals and generalizing them is a mistake. I have worked with some who's company I prefer over some well off people I have met in my life.

Homeless people, for the most part, are homeless because substance abuse or mental illness precludes them from participation in homeless shelter programs, public and private.

The basic level of civility required to stay in a homeless shelter precludes you from:

A) Assaulting, abusing, or stealing from other residents
B) Assaulting, abusing, or stealing from the staff
C) To not take or sell drugs on the premises.
D) To not damage the facility.

If they cannot, because of the aforementioned substance abuse and mental illness, follow those basic rules, the police will be called to eject them from the premise (if they won't go voluntarily) and they will be homeless again.

There is nothing that can be done within the existing system to help these people. The will continue to be on the streets for the rest of their lives. No matter how many homes we build.
Like I said

20% of homeless in the shelter I asked about, in a city that will remain un-named were NOT on drugs. The person who gave me that stat has been running a shelter, working w/ homeless people for 20 years.. that's quite awhile, so she obviously knows a few things you do not

She said the pandemic (or plandemic to some of us) was what caused most to be homeless. This was about 8 months ago

To clarify:

The novus ordo booklet I read (that had an article on St Labre who was homeless) said that LaBre would confess sins he had not done (presumably in the confessional.. but who knows.. In any case, that's the way things were done in the 18th century and should be done today but the bogus Vatican II happened)

Here is what I say is the truth about that: He deliberately took on various kinds of suffering so as to save not only himself but OTHERS. That I am fairly certain is an entirely accurate assessment.

Again, the Church teaches or at least used to that you can offer up sufferings (preferably alongside the sufferings of our precious Lord) for various causes, one being so tht those in mortal sin repent. So I believe he was basically putting himself in the shoes of mortal sinners and confessing in their stead. I'm sure the priest informed he could not really do that.. and maybe he just did it outside the confessional? I would have to read other books about him to be able to put the puzzle together better

In any case, that's the novus ordo Church for you... making true saints look bad.. upholding fake popes like Francis as some kind of already-canonized "saint"

yikes.. could barely even type those words..

Forum List

Back