Proof Newcons don't pay attention

misleading thread title

it is not just conservatives

what i truly find intriguing is democrats railed against bush's tax cuts, but then support obama's tax cuts....and have these taxes actually been realized yet? what exactly are these tax cuts?

That's true, it's a fascination we see from all political leanings over the entire spectrum of policy, but I think you missed the point. Not only do people not realize their taxes were cut, but they seem to be assembling in protest against these imaginary tax increases they perceive (The teabaggers for instance?)

misleading thread title

what i truly find intriguing is democrats railed against bush's tax cuts, but then support obama's tax cuts....and have these taxes actually been realized yet? what exactly are these tax cuts?

Yeah, damn those misleading headlines!! :mad:

iow, you got all excited over the title and didn't bother reading what is actually contained in the article....:eek:

Most walked away with 13 a week more in their paycheck......and with the increase in local state and city taxes, many still walked away with less in their paycheck.

People care about what they see and feel....they do not always believe what they hear.

Or

We could simply say that conservatives have lied so much that people believe them.

That is something you seem to enjoy believing....so go for it.

Oh...and by the way....it is called the Tea Party Movement....not the tea bagger movement.

But many think it is called the tea bagger movement.....I wonder why that is.......

Hypocrite.....go on your merry way maggie....after you accused me of not being compassionate for the less fortunate I have realized you are not worth listening to.

$13.00 a week equals $55.00 per month, possibly some unemployed person's phone bill. It may seem like a pittance to you, but not to some who are literally counting nickels and dimes these days.

uh...if they're unemployed, they didn't get the alleged tax cut :eusa_eh:

The fake "tax cuts" were downward adjustments in withholding. You could get the same "tax cut" by increasing the number of dependents on your W-4.
On top of which, the tax tables weren't changed, so the "tax cut" of an extra $13 a week or so is still owed when you file your return!

Which means, it wasn't a cut at all, only a deferment.

They merely adjusted your withholding -- giving you more money every check -- but it all goes back starting last January 1!

Little shell game, which really has fooled most.

The fake "tax cuts" were downward adjustments in withholding. You could get the same "tax cut" by increasing the number of dependents on your W-4.
On top of which, the tax tables weren't changed, so the "tax cut" of an extra $13 a week or so is still owed when you file your return!

They merely adjusted your withholding -- giving you more money every check -- but it all goes back starting last January 1!

so in reality, obama didn't cut taxes

guy is good, he fooled a lot of people

Most walked away with 13 a week more in their paycheck......and with the increase in local state and city taxes, many still walked away with less in their paycheck.

People care about what they see and feel....they do not always believe what they hear.

Or

We could simply say that conservatives have lied so much that people believe them.

That is something you seem to enjoy believing....so go for it.

Oh...and by the way....it is called the Tea Party Movement....not the tea bagger movement.

But many think it is called the tea bagger movement.....I wonder why that is.......

Hypocrite.....go on your merry way maggie....after you accused me of not being compassionate for the less fortunate I have realized you are not worth listening to.

$13.00 a week equals $55.00 per month, possibly some unemployed person's phone bill. It may seem like a pittance to you, but not to some who are literally counting nickels and dimes these days.
They're hurting now, as that $55 per month is due and payable on their tax returns!

so in reality, obama didn't cut taxes

guy is good, he fooled a lot of people
The only way to cut the taxes is to issue a check that doesn't count as income, or to change the tax tables.

Neither happened, therefore no cut.

Last edited:
misleading thread title

And then pay Uncle Sam on April 15th when you can't claim as many. Yeah, makes sense. :cuckoo:
That's exactly what's happened. The tax "cuts" are due and payable. Because your withholding was changed, but your tax liability was not.

It's not that hard to comprehend.

Not surprising that a guy whose only job was Community Organizer has no idea what a real tax cut is or how businesses operate.

Obama's tax cut was like a gnat, and a gnat with a small penis even for gnats, trying to fuck an elephant.

hey i got approx. 40-50 bucks more a month when the FED tax cuts went into effect.....my glee was short lived....a month later the state of California started fucking everything that wasnt nailed down.....so now i am approx. 20 bucks in the hole....i knew i should have bought that new I-Pod when i had the chance.....:eusa_eh:

First, what the heck are Newcons?

Second, Taxes have clearly gone up, i dont care what level of government is doing it, it annoys the heck out of me and other people. I am tired of virtually meaningless tax cuts and politicians expecting us to praise them while they raise taxes behind our back.

Third, Cut the dang spending!

Exactly

But don't expect these idiots to stop their chanting.. they will ignore you and everyone else spouting the truth, and keep repeating this lie over and over and over and over again.... rdean, rwinger, the whole lot of 'em

Exactly

But don't expect these idiots to stop their chanting.. they will ignore you and everyone else spouting the truth, and keep repeating this lie over and over and over and over again.... rdean, rwinger, the whole lot of 'em

One thing when people on a BB such as USMB repeat it.

Another thing when our elected officials do....as all it is saying to the people is "we dont think you are smart enough to realize what we did".

misleading thread title

so this is the tax cuts dems are running around proclaiming? thats it?

Yeah, and the amazing thing is these "tax cuts" that gave you on average $20 more in your paycheck weren't adjusted into the tax tables. So guess what? At the end of the year when you did your taxes, you paid it all right back. That's right, it wasn't anywhere near a "tax cut" it was a $20 a paycheck loan from Obama that is being paid back when you file your taxes before April 15.

Rick

so this is the tax cuts dems are running around proclaiming? thats it?

Yeah, and the amazing thing is these "tax cuts" that gave you on average $20 more in your paycheck weren't adjusted into the tax tables. So guess what? At the end of the year when you did your taxes, you paid it all right back. That's right, it wasn't anywhere near a "tax cut" it was a $20 a paycheck loan from Obama that is being paid back when you file your taxes before April 15.

Rick

Actually...for most it was between 9 and 13 a paycheck.

And actually, seeing as many ALSO recieved local INCREASES, the majority saw no change whatsoever..

It was done for no other reason than it gave them something to say when the dicussion of increases in EVERYONES taxes is proposed......as you already saw Obama and Biden mention

Americans: too stupid to tell when their taxes were cut and too stupid to figures the benefits of ObamaCare

I predict that within 2 months of losing Congress, Obama quits because he's bored

Exactly

I even started a thread on the topic January 31, got nothing but crickets.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/103809-the-disappearing-tax-cuts.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back