Proof: Lawyers cost consumers $600 billion a year!

Interesting. I argued that - albeit facetiously - during the "health care is a right" argument. Health careis not guaranteed in the constitution, but legal representation is. Why not socialize our legal system and have all lawyers paid by the government - like teachers and cops?:eusa_think:

Interesting. I argued that - albeit facetiously - during the "health care is a right" argument. Health careis not guaranteed in the constitution, but legal representation is. Why not socialize our legal system and have all lawyers paid by the government - like teachers and cops?:eusa_think:

Very interesting idea! While not the most informed person on this board by a long shot, the concept of "socialized Legal services" and doing away with fees for lawyers will probably NEVER work i.e. too many millionaire lawyers and with 54% of the Senate is made up of lawyers as opposed to 36% in the House. ... legislation maybe in in Obama years "the long term.. i.e. 1,600 years)!

BUT for right NOW the issue is Obamacare attempting to manage health care without ANY consideration as to what makes up the COSTS!

I am confident that NOT one Obamacare supporter agrees with the figure of $600 billion in "defensive medicine" costs.. EVEN though the experts i.e. physicians that CAUSE the duplicate tests etc. provide that estimate!

I am confident none of Obamacare even considers how totally stupid the 10% Tanning Salon tax was and even less realize that Tax in Obamacare could have been extended to lawyers and generated enough revenue to pay for the 5 million truly UNINSURED!

We've already been over this. Doctor's don't practice defensive medicine. They practice upselling.

Lawyers are meant to be your protection FROM the government. Not agents of it.

FACTS: Emergency room physicians practice Defensive medicine..
1) More than half (53 percent) of emergency physicians reported that fear of lawsuits is the main reason for ordering the number of tests they do.

Emergency Visits Are Increasing, New Poll Finds; Many Patients Referred by Primary Care Doctors

2) Nine out of 10 physicians reported practicing defensive medicine.
Estimate Defensive Medicine Costs Americans $650-850 Billion Annually
Doctors Practice Medicine in Fear, New Study Finds

ALL because ambulance chasing, Democrat donor $100 billion a year lawyers are the cause of the $600 billion in unnecessary defensive medical services!
Yeah.....sure.....that's why doctors are adding unnecessary-treatment.

handjob.gif

"62% of doctors said that they believe that financial incentive$ encourage physicians to provide too much care for their patients."

Anyone who's BEEN paying-attention, since BU$HCO (first) started running their scams, knows that the whole....

....is bullshit!

handjob.gif

Last edited:

Lawyers are meant to be your protection FROM the government. Not agents of it.

Civil suits do not involve the government. Public defenders are paid by the public.

And what about judges?

Forum List

Back