Prominent Muslim Sheik Issues Fatwa Against Isis Violence

I remember that Muslim poster living here in the States, but from a Western state in India, saying that she wanted to see 850 million Hindus eradicated just so Islam could rule India again. Imagine wanting to see 850 million people done away with just so your religion could rule!!!

:dunno: Buddhists want to slaughter Muslims in Myanmar, Hindus in India are just as eager to slaughter Muslims. Religions over all are not known for promoting tolerance. George Carlin said it best in one his routines..."Do you believe in God"? "Yes" "Good....do you believe in MY God"? "No". BANG.

But it is your friendly Muslims who appear to be operating all over the place, not just in one location.

There are conflicts all over the world Sally, not all of which involve Muslims as aggressors and not all of which are based on religious differences.

I think people who read newspapers realize that there are conflicts all over the world, but it seems like the Peace-loving Muslims happen to be involved in many different places -- whether it is in Africa, the Middle East or Southeast Asia.

Sally------do not ponder the words of ----you
know who------you will get a headache

I know what you mean. While she is busy at her job right now, I am going to lunch with a friend. I just wish I had figured out how to fool around when I was working and still collected my paycheck. About all we had was occasional long lunches when there was a successful launch.

I remember that Muslim poster living here in the States, but from a Western state in India, saying that she wanted to see 850 million Hindus eradicated just so Islam could rule India again. Imagine wanting to see 850 million people done away with just so your religion could rule!!!

:dunno: Buddhists want to slaughter Muslims in Myanmar, Hindus in India are just as eager to slaughter Muslims. Religions over all are not known for promoting tolerance. George Carlin said it best in one his routines..."Do you believe in God"? "Yes" "Good....do you believe in MY God"? "No". BANG.

But it is your friendly Muslims who appear to be operating all over the place, not just in one location.

There are conflicts all over the world Sally, not all of which involve Muslims as aggressors and not all of which are based on religious differences.

I think people who read newspapers realize that there are conflicts all over the world, but it seems like the Peace-loving Muslims happen to be involved in many different places -- whether it is in Africa, the Middle East or Southeast Asia.

Yet, sometimes their involvement is as victims, not aggressors.

yes-----relatively speaking----rarely. ----
When was the last time KAFFIRIN attacked
Saudi Arabia? Saudi Arabia was ALWAYS an important place-----it was on the path----the gateway to trade ----west east west and the gateway to AFRICA . From the standpoint of economics------control on Arabia was a very important asset----an easy camel ride to the world. When was the first and last time Buddhists went out of their way
to destroy mosques-----or attack the big black turd in the sand?

No one would say that the Muslims haven't been victims; however, most of the victims of today have been done in by Muslims. You can make all the excuses for them that you want to, but people are not that dumb to fall for your excuses. All over the Muslims world, innocent people have been killed, even Muslims by other Muslims if they happen to belong to a different sect. I

Kinda amusing----I was SO horrified by the
information I got about Shiites being murdered by sunnis in Pakistan -----when I first learned about it-----I just assumed that the SHIITES must be the GOOD GUYS.----
I shocked many sunni Pakistanis with my
sympathy for Shiites-------they did not see the point

I would like to lose 15 lbs-----
it is not ALL related to pizza-----just most of it

Not all pizza is fattening, irosie! I have been scouring the net trying to find articles sympathetic to pizza, and have found some proclaiming the many health benefits of broccoli, kale and edamame pizza made without any cheese products and with gluten free dough.

If you would like, I would be happy to dump article after article into this thread as I attempt to distract people away from all that other pizza with its bothersome Mozzarella, Pepperoni and sugar-laden tomato sauce.

I would like to lose 15 lbs-----
it is not ALL related to pizza-----just most of it

Not all pizza is fattening, irosie! I have been scouring the net trying to find articles sympathetic to pizza, and have found some proclaiming the many health benefits of broccoli, kale and edamame pizza made without any cheese products and with gluten free dough.

If you would like, I would be happy to dump article after article into this thread as I attempt to distract people away from all that other pizza with its bothersome Mozzarella, Pepperoni and sugar-laden tomato sauce.

gee-------thanks........ ----I cannot describe the MAGNITUDE of my enthusiasm......

gee-------thanks........ ----I cannot describe the MAGNITUDE of my enthusiasm......

You are most welcome.

Just remember that any time you need somebody whose agenda does not involve looking at the health risks of Pizza in an honest fashion, I'll be right there for you.

Last edited:

No one would say that the Muslims haven't been victims; however, most of the victims of today have been done in by Muslims. You can make all the excuses for them that you want to, but people are not that dumb to fall for your excuses. All over the Muslims world, innocent people have been killed, even Muslims by other Muslims if they happen to belong to a different sect. I

I think there are more non-Muslim conflicts going on than you realize. The media just doesn't pay as much attention to them. Even some, that you ascribe to as "Muslim" are really ethnic or civil wars, not religious wars. Calling those "Muslim conflicts" would be like calling all conflicts in the Christian world "Christian conflicts".

List of ongoing armed conflicts - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You might be astounded at some of the cumulative death tolls of some of these conflicts.

The Afghan Civil War (started 1978) 1,405,111 - 2,084,468
The Columbian Conflict (started 1964) 220,000 - 600,000
Darfur (started 2003) 178,258-461,520
Lords Resistance Army (started 1987, covering Uganda, CAR, DRC, South Sudan) 200,000 - 500,000
Mexican Drug War (started 2006) 150,000+
Syrian Civil War (started 2011) 260,000
Papua Conflict (started 1963) 400,000
Somali Civil War (started 1991) 500,000+

So these are a list of ongoing conflicts with the highest death tolls - all those over 100,000 killed. The Afghan Civil War started when the PDPA took power in a military coup, resulting in uprising, and then the Soviet Invasion in 1979 to replace the existing communist government, then the Taliban and then the US invasion. It's not strictly a religious conflict, though it is now. The conflicts in Columbia, Mexico, Darfur and Papua are also not religious but ethnic, racial, resources, political insurgencies, drugs.

If you look over the list of ongoing conflicts - 17 have nothing to do with religion or Islam. 11 involve religious conflicts, of which one in which aggressors are Christian, another Buddhist and the rest Muslim. The majority of the conflicts inovolve nationalist/seperatist groups and ethnic disputes.

That's what is really going on around the world. The media, of course pays little attention to these despite well documented atrocities and pretty huge death tolls. That doesn't mean Islamic extremism isn't an issue - it certainly is in the Mid East and N. Africa, where the stability of nations is at risk and human rights abuses are flagrant. But world wide, there is a lot more than Islam in conflict.

check again coyote---islam is VERY MUCH disproportionately represented-----in fact----virtually no other RELIGIONS are factors ---
you can throw in TAMIL TIGERS if you wish---
they are hindus-----the things going on in the
Philippines is islam-------ok----so its drugs and
muslims----mostly Sometimes its muslims with drugs----my very intelligent Mexican neighbor-----still very linked to mexico----tells me that the south American ---(mostly he knows Mexican) drug trade is very muslim
infiltrated

We criticize our Presidents - god knows I despised Bush, and other despise Obama - but I don't think any of us would support or thank Putin for invading us and imposing "regime change". Few countries want foreign interference or troops on their soil. It might be a dictator, and they might be happy accepting arms - but troops and invasion are a whole 'nother issue. I'm sure we will get some criticism for airstrikes. I think that's just the way it goes. No matter what happens, air strikes kill non-combatants and that puts pressure on local leaders and politicians.

So it sounds like we are damned if we do, damned if we don't. When ISIS first started steam rolling through Iraq we took heat for not getting involved sooner, now with the air strikes we will take even more criticism.

You can't tell the players without a scorecard. Yesterday Pakistanis protested American military action in Syria and last week some Syrians did the same. Had we allowed ISIS to continue their slaughter of Yazidis and other civilians they would have been protesting our inaction. :dunno:

We criticize our Presidents - god knows I despised Bush, and other despise Obama - but I don't think any of us would support or thank Putin for invading us and imposing "regime change". Few countries want foreign interference or troops on their soil. It might be a dictator, and they might be happy accepting arms - but troops and invasion are a whole 'nother issue. I'm sure we will get some criticism for airstrikes. I think that's just the way it goes. No matter what happens, air strikes kill non-combatants and that puts pressure on local leaders and politicians.

So it sounds like we are damned if we do, damned if we don't. When ISIS first started steam rolling through Iraq we took heat for not getting involved sooner, now with the air strikes we will take even more criticism.

You can't tell the players without a scorecard. Yesterday Pakistanis protested American military action in Syria and last week some Syrians did the same. Had we allowed ISIS to continue their slaughter of Yazidis and other civilians they would have been protesting our inaction. :dunno:

In the end, I think - we have to act against genocide...and that is what ISIS represents - kill anything that does not submit.

I think there are more non-Muslim conflicts going on than you realize. The media just doesn't pay as much attention to them. Even some, that you ascribe to as "Muslim" are really ethnic or civil wars, not religious wars. Calling those "Muslim conflicts" would be like calling all conflicts in the Christian world "Christian conflicts".

You might be astounded at some of the cumulative death tolls of some of these conflicts.

Lords Resistance Army (started 1987, covering Uganda, CAR, DRC, South Sudan) 200,000 - 500,000

So these are a list of ongoing conflicts with the highest death tolls - all those over 100,000 killed. The Afghan Civil War started when the PDPA took power in a military coup, resulting in uprising, and then the Soviet Invasion in 1979 to replace the existing communist government, then the Taliban and then the US invasion. It's not strictly a religious conflict, though it is now. The conflicts in Columbia, Mexico, Darfur and Papua are also not religious but ethnic, racial, resources, political insurgencies, drugs.

If you look over the list of ongoing conflicts - 17 have nothing to do with religion or Islam. 11 involve religious conflicts, of which one in which aggressors are Christian, another Buddhist and the rest Muslim. The majority of the conflicts inovolve nationalist/seperatist groups and ethnic disputes.

That's what is really going on around the world. The media, of course pays little attention to these despite well documented atrocities and pretty huge death tolls. That doesn't mean Islamic extremism isn't an issue - it certainly is in the Mid East and N. Africa, where the stability of nations is at risk and human rights abuses are flagrant. But world wide, there is a lot more than Islam in conflict.

Remarkably you cut off the casualty figure from the first conflict on that list ... Israeli/Palestinian conflict (since 1948) - fewer than 23,000!
It is staggering how much time and money the UN spends on that conflict while virtually ignoring the carnage elsewhere.
Is that why you truncated it?

check again coyote---islam is VERY MUCH disproportionately represented-----in fact----virtually no other RELIGIONS are factors ---
muslims----mostly Sometimes its muslims with drugs----my very intelligent Mexican neighbor-----still very linked to mexico----tells me that the south American ---(mostly he knows Mexican) drug trade is very muslim
infiltrated

I provided a link and went through the list of conflicts. The drug trade is not "Muslim" other than opiates that come from Muslim areas and the people involved at that end. It's Mexican and South American to blame there and they are predominatly Catholic. The cartels responsible for the conflicts are local mafia groups.

Remarkably you cut off the casualty figure from the first conflict on that list ... Israeli/Palestinian conflict (since 1948) - fewer than 23,000!
It is staggering how much time and money the UN spends on that conflict while virtually ignoring the carnage elsewhere.

More remarkable that you feel the need to derail a discussion that has nothing to do with IP isn't it?

What I said in my post: So these are a list of ongoing conflicts with the highest death tolls - all those over 100,000 killed.

Last I heard 23,000 doesn't even come close. A number of other conflicts were omitted for the same reason (gee - should I have included them?). The only other one I could have included was the Korean War - but that goes so far back, and seems more of an outlier, I did not include it. My bad.

Kinda amusing----I was SO horrified by the
information I got about Shiites being murdered by sunnis in Pakistan -----when I first learned about it-----I just assumed that the SHIITES must be the GOOD GUYS.----
I shocked many sunni Pakistanis with my
sympathy for Shiites-------they did not see the point

I cut my pasta and bread intake by half and eliminated over-the-counter sugar drinks and lost 25 lbs (12% of my body weight) over 2 years (20 lbs of that in the first 6 months). It's not a weight-loss diet but rather a permanent change in diet.
:woohoo:

More remarkable that you feel the need to derail a discussion that has nothing to do with IP isn't it?

What I said in my post: So these are a list of ongoing conflicts with the highest death tolls - all those over 100,000 killed.

Last I heard 23,000 doesn't even come close. A number of other conflicts were omitted for the same reason (gee - should I have included them?). The only other one I could have included was the Korean War - but that goes so far back, and seems more of an outlier, I did not include it. My bad.

Good point but we've had so many discussions about the Mideast I thought some perspective was in order. My bad.

Young Muslims speak out against ISIS on social media - ANN

Over the last two weeks, young Muslims from various countries have been posting messages on Twitter and other social media platforms denouncing ISIS' actions as un-Islamic, with the hashtag #notinmyname.

"ISIS does not represent Islam, we condemn it," Malaysian Aizat Amdan (@MuhdAizatAmdan) said in a tweet on Sept 18.

This effort, started by the British group Active Change Foundation, has also attracted derogatory tweets from apparent ISIS supporters.

Posted in various languages and apparently originating from a range of nations from India to Indonesia, these counter- tweets deride the "gullible sellouts" and the "coconut Muslims" deemed to be brown on the outside but white on the inside.

Hanif Qadir (@HanifQadir), who heads the foundation which was created to counter violent extremism and terrorism, appeared unperturbed.

"The extremists need to see a united front against them which will push them away from the main body of Muslims," he said on Twitter.
His tweet drew a retort from another Britain-based user, Mizanur Rahman (@Abu_Baraa1) who said: "Where are the #notinmyname videos against the air strikes killing Muslims?"

The online campaign has nevertheless caught on.
Karachi-based Patakha Guddi (@filmyjoyo) posted: "We just want the world to know that #ISIS is not what Islam is. Islam preaches tolerance and compassion for humanity."

More and more of those "non-existent" Muslim groups protesting, demonstrating, speaking out....

there is a mad scramble to move the goal posts
Some are easily impressed, and believe what they wish were true is the actually the realty of the entirety. They are known as moral equivalency pushers...You're the queen on this subject :thup:

No---Pakistanis would be delighted to knock off
yazidis ---themselves. Yazidis seem to be something like left over Zoroastrians------and interesting bit>>>>>> Long ago---when I was young (and beautiful) I saw ZUBIN MEHTA---
interviewed on TV--------he described life in
Bombay (now Mumbai) Mumbai is culturally very diverse. ------just me-----little old me----had been acquainted with a whole array FROM MUMBAI-----hindus, Zoroastrians, Christians and jews. ---------Zubin said----"we all get along fine----well---of course, now and then trouble with the muslims" (long ago-----about 35 years ago) A few years ago -----if you recall----Islamic terrorism----in the fine culturally diverse city-----even the ancient synagogue was attacked----of course the rabbi and his wife murdered.

infiltrated

I provided a link and went through the list of conflicts. The drug trade is not "Muslim" other than opiates that come from Muslim areas and the people involved at that end. It's Mexican and South American to blame there and they are predominatly Catholic. The cartels responsible for the conflicts are local mafia groups.

stick to what you know-----the big issue THESE days is not marijuana-----it is HEROIN---of the Islamic variety. The stuff is actually brought into mexico and thence to
the USA-----Canada and direct is no longer all that easy------ ----for laughs----some idiots tried to make a living out of KHAT-----I did try that stuff once when in Israel----bitter and no effect-------chewing on it just made me nauseated ---(ps ---it is not exactly illegal there----the stuff grows all over the place---but it is illegal in the USA)

infiltrated

Your Mexican neighbor might be on to something. A few years back there was an article in the Los Angeles Times about money from the drug cartels supporting Islamic terrorism. In fact, down at the border were found Korans and prayer rugs so perhaps some of those Muslims sneaking in here were being enabled by the Mexican cartels.

Forum List

Back