Zone1 Project H.O.O.D continues bringing hope to the poor communities of Chicago.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Totally remarkable what Pastor Corey Brooks has started from his 300 day rooftop vigil a few years ago. The word "great" is over-used imo. Corey Brooks is a great man.

And as expected our resident hater shows up to take a crap on Pastor Corey Brooks. Maybe you could do something useful for a change and donate to Project H.O.O.D like I do.

We all hope that Project H.O.O.D. is successful.

I hope that the reverend's heart is not eventually broken.

After all, I have read that those Chicago housing projects were built with the highest idealistic motives.

Then look at what happened to them.

After all, I have read that those Chicago housing projects were built with the highest idealistic motives.

There are several "Project Hood" type programs going on in Chicago. That's the problem. Repeating the same thing thinking it will make a change. Brooks raised 18 million, he could have put a 24 hour superstore in that community that would have provided hundreds of jobs and you would have seen change. Instead he wants to community center with his name on it so he can be praised by racists as if he's doing something great.

Old white men ignore how highways built through those communities destroyed jobs in those neighborhoods and how Reppublican Reagan allowed crack to be put in those communities to help fund a war in S. America.

Excellent point. They certainly don't want Cabrini Green 2.0. Fortunately the government has yet to even acknowledge Project H.O.O.D except for a visit by Tim Scott. Everything he has done is privately funded. Currently Pastor Brooks goal is to complete the job training and community center along with his continuing initiatives to counsel families and Fathers, provide training in the trades, scholarships, food drives etc.

There are several "Project Hood" type programs going on in Chicago. That's the problem. Repeating the same thing thinking it will make a change. Brooks raised 18 million, he could have put a 24 hour superstore in that community that would have provided hundreds of jobs and you would have seen change. Instead he wants to community center with his name on it so he can be praised by racists as if he's doing something great.

Old white men ignore how highways built through those communities destroyed jobs in those neighborhoods and how Reppublican Reagan allowed crack to be put in those communities to help fund a war in S. America.
Again with your attacks on Pastor Brooks? Why do you hate poor Black people? Why do you attack the man who has dedicated his life to helping him? What is wrong with you? Why don't you donate to Project H.O.O.D like I do and actually do SOMETHING positive for Black people less fortunate than yourself?

The community center will be named after the largest private donor to the project, NOT after Pastor Brooks. It will be named The Robert McCormack Leadership and Economic Opportunity Center. Here read this if you are going to smear Pastor Brooks, at least have some idea what you are talking about

And based upon recent history, the superstore would have sustained massive losses from shoplifting and gone out of business fairly quickly and all that money would have been wasted.

And based upon recent history, the superstore would have sustained massive losses from shoplifting and gone out of business fairly quickly and all that money would have been wasted.
Absolutely, and beyond that our resident supermarket guru thinks it's easy to setup the food and goods supply chain into the worst areas of Chicago. The trucks would be hijacked constantly. IM2 also bashes Pastor Brooks because he correctly calls out Black men for their role in Fatherless homes that is plaguing the Chicago (and other) American inner cities.

Ok…a community center. Jobs is good….but what will help keep youth active, off the streets, and safe? It seems there are relatively few safe recreational/educational areas for youth in some of these areas.

Ok…a community center. Jobs is good….but what will help keep youth active, off the streets, and safe? It seems there are relatively few safe recreational/educational areas for youth in some of these areas.
There are community centers in those areas, what's needed are retail outlets that can hire teenagers and adults. A superstore and some fast food outlets could have been built with that 18 million.. And this would have provided some of the necessary things to keep youth off the streets, teach them jobs skills, and do so while they are earning money.

The center is just part of what Project H.O.O.D does. If you are interested you can read the link I provided.

There are community centers in those areas, what's needed are retail outlets that can hire teenagers and adults. A superstore and some fast food outlets could have been built with that 18 million.. And this would have provided some of the necessary things to keep youth off the streets, teach them jobs skills, and do so while they are earning money.
Oh there you are! I thought you did another smear and run but you've been lurking the whole day haven't you, you rascal!

I notice that you didn’t bother to address my post. It’s not surprising because there is no way you can honestly refute it. The proof is in the pudding, over and over again, chains open stores in these areas, only to close them because they can’t make enough money to operate. The only stores that can survive are small ones that sell poor quality merchandise at inflated prices so they can cover their losses.

You claim to be a successful experienced black businessman, why don’t you arrange financing, or a co-op and open a store and show the world how easy it is.

Forum List

Back