Progressives who ran Amazon out of New York will help Trump be re-elected

Bezos owns the Washington Post, and is a Far Left Progressive activist. His company's corporate culture is Far Left Progressive. They are hypocrites of course.
What do you consider far left corporate culture.
If Amazon has a far left, progressive culture, what were far left, progressive protestors, protesting about.
Not surprising that there is not an answer to the question of what a far left corporate culture is like. I am familiar with the Amazon culture. To work at Amazon you must have a strong work ethic.
Bezos and Amazon has built one of the most fast growing, dynamic business in the world. He built the business based on innovation and hard work.
Bezos is a much more successful business person than Trump.
Trump took his inheritance, lied, cheated, bullied his way to where he is. He left blood in the streets through 6 bankruptcies.

The future of business growth is through a Bezos business model not a Trump strategy.
Those using Trump's strategy will mainly be organized crime, con men and gangs.
Progressives who ran Amazon out of New York will help Trump be re-elected.
The Democrats can end up facilitating the reelection of the worse President in history for a second election cycle.
As an independent who is appalled by Trump and his supporters, I am looking for a viable alternative. The far left will not motivate independents and moderates to go out and vote.

Trump should be enough to motivate people to get him out of office. A far left candidate will throw cold water on the motivation.

So how is not putting Amazon in New York going to help Trump?
Ask the average citizen in Queens what they think of chasing 25000 jobs away. The polls show the average citizens of all races and all political persuasions wanted Amazon in Queens. They felt the positives outweigh the negatives.
Jobs and the economy are the most important criteria many working class individuals vote on.
If a candidate has a history of chasing jobs away, it will be difficult to gain votes.
It makes Trump's lies about creating jobs more believable.
There is middle ground between doing whatever big corporations want and making demands on companies that make it difficult or impossible to locate in the municipality.

Trump lost New York by 1.7 million votes, doubt that many will flip over this. New York is very liberal and while Queens will be upset the rest of the state won’t give a damn.
We are not talking New York, we are talking the whole nation.

I don’t think this issue would flip many, if any. Also, it being a year and a half away, voters won’t remember this.
Why do you think Trump was elected in 2016. He promised jobs. Most of his promises were lies, but people bought into his BS.
The Democrats need to balance the needs of all citizens, not just those in need. Democrats need to focus on job creation in a realistic way.

What do you consider far left corporate culture.
If Amazon has a far left, progressive culture, what were far left, progressive protestors, protesting about.
Not surprising that there is not an answer to the question of what a far left corporate culture is like. I am familiar with the Amazon culture. To work at Amazon you must have a strong work ethic.
Bezos and Amazon has built one of the most fast growing, dynamic business in the world. He built the business based on innovation and hard work.
Trump took his inheritance, lied, cheated, bullied his way to where he is. He left blood in the streets through 6 bankruptcies.

The future of business growth is through a Bezos business model not a Trump strategy.
So how is not putting Amazon in New York going to help Trump?
Ask the average citizen in Queens what they think of chasing 25000 jobs away. The polls show the average citizens of all races and all political persuasions wanted Amazon in Queens. They felt the positives outweigh the negatives.
Jobs and the economy are the most important criteria many working class individuals vote on.
If a candidate has a history of chasing jobs away, it will be difficult to gain votes.
There is middle ground between doing whatever big corporations want and making demands on companies that make it difficult or impossible to locate in the municipality.

Trump lost New York by 1.7 million votes, doubt that many will flip over this. New York is very liberal and while Queens will be upset the rest of the state won’t give a damn.

I don’t think this issue would flip many, if any. Also, it being a year and a half away, voters won’t remember this.
Why do you think Trump was elected in 2016. He promised jobs. Most of his promises were lies, but people bought into his BS.
The Democrats need to balance the needs of all citizens, not just those in need. Democrats need to focus on job creation in a realistic way.

I don't disagree what the focus has got to be on. I doubt this incident will have any lasting effect by the time 2020 arrives, unless they continue to squash new job growth. As far as Trump or and Democrats campaign lies...I don't buy into any of them. I doubt there will be a qualified candidate in the 2020 election, just as there was no qualified candidate in 2016.

I don't disagree what the focus has got to be on. I doubt this incident will have any lasting effect by the time 2020 arrives, unless they continue to squash new job growth. As far as Trump or and Democrats campaign lies...I don't buy into any of them. I doubt there will be a qualified candidate in the 2020 election, just as there was no qualified candidate in 2016.
I think almost anyone will be more qualified than Trump. I agree we did not have a good candidate in 2016. Let's hope a good candidate shows up in 2020. Who knows who will be the candidate for either party.
I feel there is a chance Trump will be in jail with Donald Jr. Not a great chance, but a chance.

Put Amazon in a place that is willing to provide billions in subsidies to Amazon for no taxes and little in return

Put Amazon in a place that is willing to provide billions in subsidies to Amazon for no taxes and little in return

The second headquarters is going to have high income employees, this is not a distribution center so not much in the way of subsidies.

That is not what I am saying. I am saying there should be a municipality that can gain. more than they give. Much was made of Amazon not paying federal taxes this year. That is because they pulled forward years of losses. Years the corporation lost money they continued to increase jobs, build corporate infrastructure. Over the many years they lost money and this year they paid and their employees p[aid a lot of local taxes and the employees paid plenty of federal taxes.
A balanced view of all companies is required to create win win situations.
Too many Trump supporters are misogynist and racist. They have a false, negative, unfair views of minorities including women.
Some far left people have a false, negative, unfair view of business.

No one drove Amazon out of Queens. They removed themselves when they were told that they, one of the most valuable companies in the world, would not be bribed to put a HQ there.

The second headquarters is going to have high income employees, this is not a distribution center so not much in the way of subsidies.
They were talking billions in subsidies in NY

Its all good Amazon will put 25,000 employees to work somewhere, and Queens will by happy they didn’t get those jobs. It is a win win.

No one drove Amazon out of Queens. They removed themselves when they were told that they, one of the most valuable companies in the world, would not be bribed to put a HQ there.
Let's provide the facts. Amazon put out a request for bids to cities in North America to support a second head quarters. If a city did not want Amazon, do not bid. New York ultimately provided 3 billion dollars in tax incentives. New York is not giving Amazon 3 billion dollars, they are reducing their estimated 27 billion dollar tax bill by 3 billion. New York should have at least 24 billion dollars from Amazon for infrastructure and schools. Granted, much will be necessitated by the new Amazon employees and families. The democratic Governor and the Democratic mayor of NY felt it was a great stimulus package for NY. There would be more to gain than the negatives and the costs.
Then the activists got involved. They pointed out that housing prices will go up when Amazon moves in. This is true. The winners are people who have owned homes for years. Many middle class homeowners will find their net worth increase substantially. because their house value will go up. Those who will lose are middle class and lower class individuals who want to buy homes near Amazon. They can be priced out of the market. Also, there will not be jobs created for lower skilled workers. Many wil find it will be too expensive to live in Queens. All true.
Activists wanted Amazon to provide low income housing. They wanted Amazon to provide good paying jobs for low skilled workers. Amazon said they could not do that. Protesters said we will continue to push you to do so and provide negative publicity. Other cities did not request this.

Amazon said, we did not plan for these requests and the negative atmosphere. Other cities are not making the added requests and will not have as bad housing impact.

Queens was one of many options. They said we will expand in areas with a more positive attitude toward us. The cities that are in are glad to have them.

The business needs to go where their business model is accepted and appreciate.

Amazon will be happier, the protesters in Queens will be happy, the majority of the population of Queens will lose on opportunity and will not be happy.

Let's provide the facts. Amazon put out a request for bids to cities in North America to support a second head quarters. If a city did not want Amazon, do not bid. New York ultimately provided 3 billion dollars in tax incentives. New York is not giving Amazon 3 billion dollars, they are reducing their estimated 27 billion dollar tax bill by 3 billion. New York should have at least 24 billion dollars from Amazon for infrastructure and schools. Granted, much will be necessitated by the new Amazon employees and families. The democratic Governor and the Democratic mayor of NY felt it was a great stimulus package for NY. There would be more to gain than the negatives and the costs.
Then the activists got involved. They pointed out that housing prices will go up when Amazon moves in. This is true. The winners are people who have owned homes for years. Many middle class homeowners will find their net worth increase substantially. because their house value will go up. Those who will lose are middle class and lower class individuals who want to buy homes near Amazon. They can be priced out of the market. Also, there will not be jobs created for lower skilled workers. Many will find it will be too expensive to live in Queens. All true.
Activists wanted Amazon to provide low income housing. They wanted Amazon to provide good paying jobs for low skilled workers. Amazon said they could not do that. Protesters said we will continue to push you to do so and provide negative publicity. Other cities did not request this.

Amazon said, we did not plan for these requests and the negative atmosphere. Other cities are not making the added requests and will not have as bad housing impact.

Queens was one of many options. They said we will expand in areas with a more positive attitude toward us. The cities that are in are glad to have them.

Amazon will be happier, the protesters in Queens will be happy, the majority of the population of Queens will lose on opportunity and will not be happy.
I am not saying that all businesses are a positive to people and municipalities. A great example of this is Donald Trump. The businesses he owns will take advantage of anybody and anything to make an extra dollar.
But all businesses cannot be painted with the same brush. Most businesses benefit the communities they reside. Amazon provided many benefits to Queens. There were negatives like housing costs going up and there would not be many low skilled jobs created. There is nothing malicious about this. Do not paint them as an evil company. If you do not want them because of the negatives, do not bid on them locating in your area. But do not complain when they cannot meet your requests and go else where.

Then the activists got involved. They pointed out that housing prices will go up when Amazon moves in. This is true. The winners are people who have owned homes for years. Many middle class homeowners will find their net worth increase substantially. because their house value will go up. Those who will lose are middle class and lower class individuals who want to buy homes near Amazon. They can be priced out of the market. Also, there will not be jobs created for lower skilled workers. Many will find it will be too expensive to live in Queens. All true.

I am not saying that all businesses are a positive to people and municipalities. A great example of this is Donald Trump. The businesses he owns will take advantage of anybody and anything to make an extra dollar.
But all businesses cannot be painted with the same brush. Most businesses benefit the communities they reside. Amazon provided many benefits to Queens. There were negatives like housing costs going up and there would not be many low skilled jobs created. There is nothing malicious about this. Do not paint them as an evil company. If you do not want them because of the negatives, do not bid on them locating in your area. But do not complain when they cannot meet your requests and go else where.

Amazon is another Walmart however if NY didn't want them, then why did they make a play to win the 2nd headquarter sweepstakes. The distribution centers are terrible looking humongous buildings in numerous cities across the nation. Eye sores are what they are. Not a big fan of there's, my wife loves them, I won't buy anything from them, I'd rather find a different vendor.

Amazon is another Walmart however if NY didn't want them, then why did they make a play to win the 2nd headquarter sweepstakes. The distribution centers are terrible looking humongous buildings in numerous cities across the nation. Eye sores are what they are. Not a big fan of there's, my wife loves them, I won't buy anything from them, I'd rather find a different vendor.
I agree with your sentiment. I preferred the days of small local retailers. But he genie is out of the bottle. Consumers vote with their dollars. The big box stores and now the convenience of ecommerce is winning the battle for the consumer dollar. Thinking we can go back to a day where independent specialty retailers are as realistic as thinking the coal industry will come back. I am fine with coal industry going away but I prefer the old retail landscape.

I don't think they will help Trump be re-elected.

But they could help him, true.

Democrats have got to nip this 'socialism' nonsense in the butt or risk losing millions of votes.

I agree with your sentiment. I preferred the days of small local retailers. But he genie is out of the bottle. Consumers vote with their dollars. The big box stores and now the convenience of ecommerce is winning the battle for the consumer dollar. Thinking we can go back to a day where independent specialty retailers are as realistic as thinking the coal industry will come back. I am fine with coal industry going away but I prefer the old retail landscape.

I don’t deal with Amazon, I don’t need to.

Forum List

Back