Progressives greatest success: USA AAA Credit rating will be cut

MOODY'S: "Cut taxes and we'll cut the rating."
CONSERVATIVES: "It's not the tax cuts."

What part of Moody's saying "Cut taxes and we'll cut the rating" is so hard to understand? What sort of alternative universe do conservatives live in?

First, how is maintaining present rates a "cut"?

Second, following their Bizzaroland "the Federal Government IS the Us economy" Logic, wouldn't a big fat tax increase be the way to boost the US economy?

OK

edited

MOODY'S: "Maintain the tax cuts and we'll cut the rating."

What part of Moody's saying "Maintain the tax cuts and we'll cut the rating" is so hard to understand? What sort of alternative universe do conservatives live in?

Obviously Moody's is trying to push the US economy off the Progressive cliff

Moody: Commit economic suicide and we won't downgrade you (laughing behind their hand) Seriously! Forget the whole "tax cut"thingy, listen to TruthMatters and give us an 80-90% tax rate

Progressives: See? Moody said it! It's not just Krugman!

Last edited:
Moody: Raising taxes during an economic downturn is what made FDR one of the Great presidents!

Progressives: Amen! Praise be his holy name!

CF: Are you fucking people retarded?

Moody: Commit economic suicide and we won't downgrade you (laughing behind their hand) Seriously! Forget the whole "tax cut"thingy, listen to TruthMatters and give us an 80-90% tax rate

the economic catastrophe was already done, back in 2008, or from 2003- 2008 to be more precise...this isn't economic suicide, it might be political suicide, but our taxes going up or the top bracket's going up, will not kill us (not an economic suicide)....the bill is only temporary and as others have pointed out, businesses are still not going to hire people, and the FEW, very few small business OWNERs clearing and making more that 250k in taxable income from their business, after all their business's bill's are paid, including payroll and cost of goods and overhead, and after their business's future investments are done, is not gonna bring us down....or kill us. Besides, the point that small businesses are not investing in their companies because of a measley tax hike, for 3.5% on only the amount over the $250k, while getting ALL OF THE TAX CUTS on their money (they clear as taxable income after all of their write offs), that fall in to every tax bracket below the $250k thresh hold bracket.....

they are investing in their company and employees because there is demand for what they are selling....and if the increased demand is NOT THERE, then they will not hire additional staff....with, or without, the tax cut/hike.

less than 2% of all small business owners clear 250k in taxable income, is what i have read....this still could be a few thousand people though...and if memory serves, a small business tax cut was passed or in the process....

I personally think the upper tax bracket needs to be revised where those upper middle class folks at 250k are not put in the same bracket as those making millions or even half a billion.

I've come to believe the very wealthiest prefer them (the $250k crowd) in the same higher bracket as them so that they can cry us a river about 'the small business owners getting a tax hike', when really they only care about their own personal income in the millions.

and

It hurts us more, by having a bad credit rating....yes, the higher interest rates on the additional debt, will hurt us more at this point. We are already paying about 300 BILLION A YEAR in just the interest payment on the debt....that's a lot of money...3 trillion on a 10 year budget and that is if it does not go up, which it will....

so we could be talking 5 trillion for 10 years, in just the interest payment on the debt that was accrued already, if interest rates go up...

.let alone what will be added to that debt if we continue to have to borrow to pay the bills.

And yes, we need to cut the spending of congress down....but the things that cost more, have already been done, that brought our debt to 12 trillion BEFORE Obama was in office for a month....like the unfunded wars, the unfunded medicare pill bill, the fannie and freddie initial bailouts, the initial auto bailout, the goldman sachs bail out, the AIG bailout, the TARP bail out, the turning a blind eye and not regulating the banking industry with the laws already on the books, the encouragement of president Bush for the morgage companies and banks to be "creative" in finding a way to put more people in homes bull...etc etc etc etc etc.....all before obama became president.

What is sad, is that most of you back then, didn't make a peep when it was setting us up for destruction....you reelected the same people.....that were spending like drunken sailors...and defending them by silence....all the things you are saying about the democrats doing wrong, you did wrong yourselves....did you not?

Maybe you were not silent, I don't know, because you were not posting here way back when...nor was I, but I certainly didn't hear it from a gazillion other supposed republican conservatives on other boards....though now they all say that they did complain and did not support President Bush or the Republicans in power....a little bit of revisionist history...I suppose....

MOODY'S: "Cut taxes and we'll cut the rating."

What part of Moody's saying "Cut taxes and we'll cut the rating" is so hard to understand? What sort of alternative universe do conservatives live in?

I have been asking the same thing, so I started a thread to get your input.

the economic catastrophe was already done, back in 2008, or from 2003- 2008 to be more precise...this isn't economic suicide, it might be political suicide, but our taxes going up or the top bracket's going up, will not kill us (not an economic suicide)....the bill is only temporary and as others have pointed out, businesses are still not going to hire people, and the FEW, very few small business OWNERs clearing and making more that 250k in taxable income from their business, after all their business's bill's are paid, including payroll and cost of goods and overhead, and after their business's future investments are done, is not gonna bring us down....or kill us. Besides, the point that small businesses are not investing in their companies because of a measley tax hike, for 3.5% on only the amount over the $250k, while getting ALL OF THE TAX CUTS on their money (they clear as taxable income after all of their write offs), that fall in to every tax bracket below the $250k thresh hold bracket.....

they are investing in their company and employees because there is demand for what they are selling....and if the increased demand is NOT THERE, then they will not hire additional staff....with, or without, the tax cut/hike.

less than 2% of all small business owners clear 250k in taxable income, is what i have read....this still could be a few thousand people though...and if memory serves, a small business tax cut was passed or in the process....

I personally think the upper tax bracket needs to be revised where those upper middle class folks at 250k are not put in the same bracket as those making millions or even half a billion.

I've come to believe the very wealthiest prefer them (the $250k crowd) in the same higher bracket as them so that they can cry us a river about 'the small business owners getting a tax hike', when really they only care about their own personal income in the millions.

and

It hurts us more, by having a bad credit rating....yes, the higher interest rates on the additional debt, will hurt us more at this point. We are already paying about 300 BILLION A YEAR in just the interest payment on the debt....that's a lot of money...3 trillion on a 10 year budget and that is if it does not go up, which it will....

so we could be talking 5 trillion for 10 years, in just the interest payment on the debt that was accrued already, if interest rates go up...

.let alone what will be added to that debt if we continue to have to borrow to pay the bills.

And yes, we need to cut the spending of congress down....but the things that cost more, have already been done, that brought our debt to 12 trillion BEFORE Obama was in office for a month....like the unfunded wars, the unfunded medicare pill bill, the fannie and freddie initial bailouts, the initial auto bailout, the goldman sachs bail out, the AIG bailout, the TARP bail out, the turning a blind eye and not regulating the banking industry with the laws already on the books, the encouragement of president Bush for the morgage companies and banks to be "creative" in finding a way to put more people in homes bull...etc etc etc etc etc.....all before obama became president.

What is sad, is that most of you back then, didn't make a peep when it was setting us up for destruction....you reelected the same people.....that were spending like drunken sailors...and defending them by silence....all the things you are saying about the democrats doing wrong, you did wrong yourselves....did you not?

Maybe you were not silent, I don't know, because you were not posting here way back when...nor was I, but I certainly didn't hear it from a gazillion other supposed republican conservatives on other boards....though now they all say that they did complain and did not support President Bush or the Republicans in power....a little bit of revisionist history...I suppose....

This really deserved rep but I am outta rep bullits.

Again the bond market has already downgraded treasuries.

Also again the ratings game is played on the curve. Other than Germany no other major economy in the world is in less trouble than the US. You have to get to places like Singapore and S Korea to deal with countries in significantly less economic trouble than the US.

Also no matter where the official tax rates are pegged federal tax revenues are stuck in the 18-20% range.

Also no amount of stimulus can overcome so much lost wealth and the implicit and explicit income derived from that wealth that is also lost.

So, cut the budget and forget about taxing our way out of this mess.

Forum List

Back