Progressives greatest success: USA AAA Credit rating will be cut

As Toro pointed out indirectly and politely the markets have already downgraded treasuries: yields are going up and prices are going down on our bonds. State insolvencies and municipal requests for bankruptcy are on the rise. If federal law is amended to permit state bankruptcy IL, probably CA and possibly NY would be on the court house steps in relatively short order.

I'm not sure if Tbond yields rising is indicative of increasing fears of default or not. One would expect yields to rise at the beginning of a recovery. It could be that, too.

A better gauge is CDS spreads on US government debt, since CDS pays off if the government defaults. I haven't seen what CDS spreads have done since the tax cut deal.

Progressives have finally succeeded in tipping the USA toward a Cloward-Piven chaotic economy as Moody announces it will seek to cut the rating if the "Tax cut" pact passes.

They've works tirelessly to swamp our economy with unsustainable social spending and union benefits and now what the UAW did for Detroit, Progressives want to do to the country.

News Headlines

If the tax cuts don't happened, Moody's won't put the US on watch.

Therefore, don't cut taxes.

Great "thinking"

Therefore Dems should raise taxes and then we'd be an AAAAA credit right?

Do you know what "Credit enhancement" is?

Google it before you embarrass yourself any further

You should google because YOU embarrass yourself any further.

Credit enhancement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The credit crisis of 2007-2008 has discredited the process of credit enhancement of structured securities as a financial practice as the risk was not assessed correctly and defaults began to rise. If the credit rating was properly assessed and higher interest rates assigned to structured securities, then the crisis may have been averted.

Credit rating agencies and the subprime crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Progressives have finally succeeded in tipping the USA toward a Cloward-Piven chaotic economy as Moody announces it will seek to cut the rating if the "Tax cut" pact passes.

They've works tirelessly to swamp our economy with unsustainable social spending and union benefits and now what the UAW did for Detroit, Progressives want to do to the country.

News Headlines

what a crock of partisan poopie!

AS IF the 6 TRILLION that president bush's reign added to the debt had nothing to do with this....???

yeah, sell what you are selling to the fools, crusader! :eusa_whistle:

News Headlines

Great "thinking"

The Republicans are forcing this budget buster on the president.

Yes, the Democrats should say 'no' and have the guts to back it up.

Caving in to Republican fiscal policy is always a recipe for disaster.

it is a mistake to keep all of the tax cuts in place, especially since we have to borrow the money to do such, and spending cuts do not go with the tax cuts....the WORLD knows this, and the credit raters know such as well...in this country and all over the world...China dropped our credit rating when the republicans won the House, they KNEW that tax cuts would be extended with them in power.

the same is happening here....

Amazing the number of people who confuse the Federal government with the US economy.

I've never seen such fundamental ignorance since, well, since people tried to convince me FDR was "great"

Great "thinking"

Obama's annual $1.3 Trillion deficits are the problem dipshit

Do you know what "Credit enhancement" is?

Google it before you embarrass yourself any further

You should google because YOU embarrass yourself any further.

Credit enhancement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The credit crisis of 2007-2008 has discredited the process of credit enhancement of structured securities as a financial practice as the risk was not assessed correctly and defaults began to rise. If the credit rating was properly assessed and higher interest rates assigned to structured securities, then the crisis may have been averted.

Credit rating agencies and the subprime crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You said they gave Aaa rating to sub prime like you knew what you were talking about obviously totally unaware of credit enhancement.

Had the nations 2 largest credit enhancers: Fannie and Freddie not distorted the market, the crisis would have been avoided

Great "thinking"

the deficit he inherited was running at $1.5 trillion, so it looks like he is making progress in reducing the deficit....though I can agree, nearly not enough.

this is not done in a sum zero.

the new govt can only work with what they are LEFT in running yearly deficits, and work from there...bush's last deficit was running nearly $1.5 trillion, and now it is nearly 1.3 trillion.....it will go up to about 1.7 trillion if the tax cuts are extended and the republicans in the house do not cut their spending accordingly...

the deficit he inherited was running at $1.5 trillion, so it looks like he is making progress in reducing the deficit....though I can agree, nearly not enough.

the new govt can only work with what they are LEFT in running yearly deficits, and work from there...bush's last deficit was running nearly $1.5 trillion, and now it is nearly 1.3 trillion.....it will go up to about 1.7 trillion if the tax cuts are extended and the republicans in the house do not cut their spending accordingly...

Obama's adding across the board increases at every department and added new Czars, took over auto industry, banks and health care.

He's done everything he can to make a financial collapse all but certain.

You're either not paying attention or don't understand what's happening

Bush and Delay sucked and in my version of Dante's Inferno they are under Satans ass in the 9th Circle for the damage they caused when they could have helped

Obama's adding across the board increases at every department and added new Czars, took over auto industry, banks and health care.

He's done everything he can to make a financial collapse all but certain.

You're either not paying attention or don't understand what's happening

Bush and Delay sucked and in my version of Dante's Inferno they are under Satans ass in the 9th Circle for the damage they caused when they could have helped

-can you show these increases that obama HAS DONE across the board as YOU STATE?

-Banks and bailout policy was done first under the Bush administration

-the auto bail out and policy was ALSO first done under president bush's recomendation

-Czars have ALWAYS BEEN PART of EVERY president the past century, at least....nothing new there at all, but the noninformed noisemakers.

Oh, I know what's going on, and it AIN'T what you are claiming.

but I do agree with your last statement! :D

and hope you have a Merry Christmas Frank.

I can agree with most of this post.
It seems that some people aren't aware of the Bush/GOP future deficts that are a part of the Obama deficits or they just love to re-write history and the basic principles of economics.
It's 100% stupid to blame it all on Obama/Dems. Anyone with a half brain, knowledge of Economics 101 and how the Federal fiscal budgets work would know that the blame for this mess lies with both worthless parties, who are made up of political whores.
This partisan bickering and finger pointing is just plain ignorant and childish.

Amazing the number of people who confuse the Federal government with the US economy.

I've never seen such fundamental ignorance since, well, since people tried to convince me FDR was "great"

You keep saying that but it doesn't mean anything.

Great "thinking"

But the $2 trillion in revenue loss that the tax cuts represent over 10 years doesn't matter?

this will add HUGE amounts more to the deficit and debt..... Our interest payment on the additional debt this will cause, if spending cuts are not equal to the extended tax cuts, will increase just our yearly interest payment on this accumulated debt, to us paying anywhere from $400 to $700 billion A YEAR over the next decade on only the interest payment of said debt

....interest rates are going to go up, the interest on what we owe on the debt will go up and bankrupt this country....

JUST WONDERFUL!

Unless the Fed monetizes the entire debt, which they may do, causing eventual hyperinflation. They will then try to pay the debt down with inflated dollars and may have some success if we do not succumb to complete currency value destruction.

Forum List

Back