CDZ Programs opposed by Conservatives that were successes

Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Americans with Disabilities Act
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

Conservatives fought tooth and nail against all of them but they have proven to be such successes that even Repuplicans support them today

And then there is the ADA...poor ol' rightwinger goes down in flames...AGAIN!

Final passage[edit]

President Bush signs the Americans with Disabilities Act into law
Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) authored what became the final bill and was its chief sponsor in the Senate. Harkin delivered part of his introduction speech in sign language, saying it was so his deaf brother could understand.[39]

On signing the measure, George H. W. Bush said:

I know there may have been concerns that the ADA may be too vague or too costly, or may lead endlessly to litigation. But I want to reassure you right now that my administration and the United States Congress have carefully crafted this Act. We've all been determined to ensure that it gives flexibility, particularly in terms of the timetable of implementation; and we've been committed to containing the costs that may be incurred.... Let the shameful wall of exclusion finally come tumbling down.[40]

Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

Conservatives fought tooth and nail against all of them but they have proven to be such successes that even Repuplicans support them today

Rightwinger, leading all the TROLLS IN LIES.

This time, OSHA.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) (/ˈoʊʃə/) is an agency of the United States Department of Labor. Congress established the agency under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act), which President Richard M. Nixon signed into law on December 29, 1970. OSHA's mission is to "assure safe and healthy working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance"

Affirmative Action has proven to be a disaster.

Gay "Rights" are problematic. Most gay rights activists seem to not want equal rights but rather rights above and beyond those of others.

Possible

But it would not have been practical in the 1930s when SS was formed.

We were in the middle of a depression. Care of the elderly was a crisis. A savings based plan would not give you a large enough nest egg until the 1960s

With a 401k, you can have your nestegg and a guaranteed annuity through SS

It’s a scam. I believe FDR set it up in good, albeit naive, faith. But is was doomed from the beginning because of the nature of government. It was poorly planned and carried out, and if you have any doubt about that all you have to know is the SS tax rate has increased 6 fold since it started and is still projected to be out of money (IOU’s) in 15 years.
SS has remained solvent for 80 years and will continue to be so

Yep, that is what they told you to say. It will continue to be paid out using more national debt. Eventually they will make it it needs based (not what FDR intended). Essentially it will be a tax on the working and upper income for the benefit of the lowest contributors to society. Yep, at some point, if you can afford to pay Social Security tax, you will to wealthy to receive social security benefits. That is the way it has been trending since inception.

SS is solvent
Minor adjustments to retirement age and annual contribution caps will fix it

It is not part of our annual debt

Wrong! It is part of out annual debt. I know it and so does B.O. if it weren’t part of our annual debt, the checks sent out wouldn’t be dependent on raising our debt ceiling.

Obama warns Social Security checks might not be sent Aug. 3
President Obama upped the ante in the ongoing debt-ceiling debate Tuesday, telling CBS News that without raising the ceiling, he can't guarantee that Social Security checks will be sent Aug. 3.

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3 if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Obama said.

Does that sound like a fully guaranteed and funded entitlement to you?
Social Security is an obligation, not a debt
It is paid by workers in any fiscal year

It is not included in the national debt ceiling

Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

Final passage[edit]

Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) authored what became the final bill and was its chief sponsor in the Senate. Harkin delivered part of his introduction speech in sign language, saying it was so his deaf brother could understand.[39]

I know there may have been concerns that the ADA may be too vague or too costly, or may lead endlessly to litigation. But I want to reassure you right now that my administration and the United States Congress have carefully crafted this Act. We've all been determined to ensure that it gives flexibility, particularly in terms of the timetable of implementation; and we've been committed to containing the costs that may be incurred.... Let the shameful wall of exclusion finally come tumbling down.[40]

You seem to be confusing Republican with Conservative
They are not the same, especially over 25 years ago. Did you know there used to be Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats?

Conservatives have attacked programs like EPA, OSHA, ADA as anti-business
You know......these programs will cost people jobs

Last edited:
Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

Final passage[edit]

They are not the same, especially over 25 years ago. Did you know there used to be Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats?

Script-Th.jpg

It’s a scam. I believe FDR set it up in good, albeit naive, faith. But is was doomed from the beginning because of the nature of government. It was poorly planned and carried out, and if you have any doubt about that all you have to know is the SS tax rate has increased 6 fold since it started and is still projected to be out of money (IOU’s) in 15 years.

Yep, that is what they told you to say. It will continue to be paid out using more national debt. Eventually they will make it it needs based (not what FDR intended). Essentially it will be a tax on the working and upper income for the benefit of the lowest contributors to society. Yep, at some point, if you can afford to pay Social Security tax, you will to wealthy to receive social security benefits. That is the way it has been trending since inception.

SS is solvent

Wrong! It is part of out annual debt. I know it and so does B.O. if it weren’t part of our annual debt, the checks sent out wouldn’t be dependent on raising our debt ceiling.

President Obama upped the ante in the ongoing debt-ceiling debate Tuesday, telling CBS News that without raising the ceiling, he can't guarantee that Social Security checks will be sent Aug. 3.

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3 if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Obama said.

Well apparently B.O. thinks it is, or was he lying when he said it was?

Here are the undeniable facts of this ‘fabulous’ social entitlement which you and other Liberals love-

The cost to tax payers is more than 6 times higher in the first 80 years.
It had funding issues within the first 40 years.
It will be able to pay less than 80% of obligations in only 15 years.

It is a Ponzi scheme in the classic sense. It relies on perpetual growth, and even with perpetual growth it will fail eventually.

In less than 80 years (since FDR) entitlement spending has gone from less than 3% of GDP to nearly 18% of GDP, and in that same period GDP is more than 50 times higher. Do the math. Social Security and other entitlement programs are taking a bigger slice of a bigger pie year after year. Tell me how that is sustainable.

B614A051-F8BE-4F02-95B9-E6ABE11D0B5B.png

Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

Final passage[edit]

Script-Th.jpg
?

SS is solvent

Here are the undeniable facts of this ‘fabulous’ social entitlement which you and other Liberals love-

It is a Ponzi scheme in the classic sense. It relies on perpetual growth, and even with perpetual growth it will fail eventually.

In less than 80 years (since FDR) entitlement spending has gone from less than 3% of GDP to nearly 18% of GDP, and in that same period GDP is more than 50 times higher. Do the math. Social Security and other entitlement programs are taking a bigger slice of a bigger pie year after year. Tell me how that is sustainable.

View attachment 250192
Far from a Ponzi Scheme

Social Security works and is indespendible to hundreds of millions of people

If Congress makes a few simple changes on retirement age and annual contribution limits it is sustainable

Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

Final passage[edit]

Script-Th.jpg
?

f8c7eae8-4b50-42d3-81e3-7aa328bb7488_zpsew9uox3y-Th.jpg

SS is solvent

View attachment 250192
Far from a Ponzi Scheme

If Congress makes a few simple changes on retirement age and annual contribution limits it is sustainable

You keep repeating the same things (party line). You don’t respond to any of the facts I have laid out. Although we may differ in out political views, I thought as a fellow engineer you could step outside of the liberal indoctrination and evaluate real data. It appears I may be wrong.

I would support Medicare, disability acts and social security if there was a constitutional amendment.
Environmental protection is best left to the states.
OSHA is good!
Affirmative action is unconstitutional and discriminatory. Period.
The gov has no authority to discriminate against gays.

Environmental Protection is best left to the states......

imagine Toyota's joy when they have to make 50 different Tercels.

Far from a Ponzi Scheme

It didn't start out that way but it is now a Ponzi Scheme.

Carefully read the definition of a Ponzi Scheme and explain to us how that differs with Social Security.

Ponzi scheme

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources.

I would support Medicare, disability acts and social security if there was a constitutional amendment.
Environmental protection is best left to the states.
OSHA is good!
Affirmative action is unconstitutional and discriminatory. Period.
The gov has no authority to discriminate against gays.

Environmental Protection is best left to the states......

imagine Toyota's joy when they have to make 50 different Tercels.
They would probably all have the same minimal standards like they do now.
All but a few states use the federal guidelines only, i believe.

SS is solvent

View attachment 250192
Far from a Ponzi Scheme

In other words continue on the same path Of giving less (raising retirement age) and charging more (raising contributions/taxes).

Those words came out of your mouth and you don’t even realize what you said.

SS is solvent

View attachment 250192
Far from a Ponzi Scheme

You keep repeating the same things (party line). You don’t respond to any of the facts I have laid out. Although we may differ in out political views, I thought as a fellow engineer you could step outside of the liberal indoctrination and evaluate real data. It appears I may be wrong.
No party line
Undeniable facts. SS is legal and sustainable

Forum List

Back