Professor- “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a black student graduate in the top quarter"

The % of minority students adds up to almost 88%. So thats probably what he did. JS

re
Every teacher in america thinks the same thing but is afraid to say it.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/upenn-law-professor-removed-for-calling-black-students-inferior/

march 15 2018 PHILADELPHIA — A white University of Pennsylvania law school professor who said she has never seen a black student graduate in the top quarter of the class has been removed from teaching required first-year law courses.

Law school dean Ted Ruger said professor Amy Wax spoke “disparagingly and inaccurately” about the performance of black students during an interview with Brown University economics professor Glenn Loury on the “downside of affirmative action” last year.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a black student graduate in the top quarter of the class, and rarely, rarely in the top half,” Wax said at the time.

Wax also claimed that the University of Pennsylvania Law Review has a racial diversity mandate, suggesting that black students had not earned their places. Speaking about black law students at Penn and peer schools, she went on to say that some of them shouldn’t even be attending college.

Wax has tenure at the university and will retain her salary and her seniority. She will continue to teach a full course load of electives but will not be teaching a mandatory first-year law school course.
I've seen lots of black students graduate near the top of their class, at least in high school. And I'm talking about a high school where blacks are a minority with plenty of white students.
1. are you a teacher?
2. how could you see ''lots'' if the blacks were a minority?
3. what classes are the blacks taking?
4. it is a fact, blacks graduate at lower levels---since they make up less than 13% of the population, and don't graduate as high as whites/Asians, you couldn't have seen ''lots'' graduate top of their class
1. Maybe.
2. "Lots" is a relative term. The tittle of this thread sets the bar -- someone (a professor?) was quoted as having seen no black students graduating in the top quarter. I have been to the honors and awards night for my local high school for several years straight. Considering that blacks are a minority at the school, there is a decent representation of blacks at the top academically. One year the in the past 5, the valedictorian was black.
3.The same classes white students take.
4. I do not equate "lots" with "majority" which seems to be what you are doing. If there are 75 honor students and 9 of them are black, I consider that a pretty good representation of black students among the honor students.

re

https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/upenn-law-professor-removed-for-calling-black-students-inferior/

march 15 2018 PHILADELPHIA — A white University of Pennsylvania law school professor who said she has never seen a black student graduate in the top quarter of the class has been removed from teaching required first-year law courses.

Law school dean Ted Ruger said professor Amy Wax spoke “disparagingly and inaccurately” about the performance of black students during an interview with Brown University economics professor Glenn Loury on the “downside of affirmative action” last year.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a black student graduate in the top quarter of the class, and rarely, rarely in the top half,” Wax said at the time.

Wax also claimed that the University of Pennsylvania Law Review has a racial diversity mandate, suggesting that black students had not earned their places. Speaking about black law students at Penn and peer schools, she went on to say that some of them shouldn’t even be attending college.

Wax has tenure at the university and will retain her salary and her seniority. She will continue to teach a full course load of electives but will not be teaching a mandatory first-year law school course.
I've seen lots of black students graduate near the top of their class, at least in high school. And I'm talking about a high school where blacks are a minority with plenty of white students.
1. are you a teacher?
4. it is a fact, blacks graduate at lower levels---since they make up less than 13% of the population, and don't graduate as high as whites/Asians, you couldn't have seen ''lots'' graduate top of their class
1. Maybe.
2. "Lots" is a relative term. The tittle of this thread sets the bar -- someone (a professor?) was quoted as having seen no black students graduating in the top quarter. I have been to the honors and awards night for my local high school for several years straight. Considering that blacks are a minority at the school, there is a decent representation of blacks at the top academically. One year the in the past 5, the valedictorian was black.
4. I do not equate "lots" with "majority" which seems to be what you are doing. If there are 75 honor students and 9 of them are black, I consider that a pretty good representation of black students among the honor students.
I reread the OP. The OP seems to about a law school professor who said that he has never seen a black student graduate in the top 25% of the class. I presume he means at the college where he teaches. He may very well be telling the truth. Maybe he hasn't. If it's true, then there should be nothing wrong with saying it.

re

1. are you a teacher?
1. Maybe.
..obviously it's hard to believe you because blacks graduate at lower levels
lots---you know what it means--
..9 out of how many??
..and remember, they give blacks awards/etc just for being black--not accomplishing anything
..why don't you prove how many ''you saw'' graduate near the top of the class
figure-coi-2.png

re

1. are you a teacher?
1. Maybe.
..obviously it's hard to believe you because blacks graduate at lower levels
lots---you know what it means--
..9 out of how many??
..and remember, they give blacks awards/etc just for being black--not accomplishing anything
..why don't you prove how many ''you saw'' graduate near the top of the class
figure-coi-2.png
Prove it ... on a message board? Are you kidding? I'm simply reporting what I've observed. If you don't believe me, so what! I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Wax has made provocative statements before, claiming Anglo-Protestant cultural norms are superior to others. She also claimed in a Philadelphia Inquirer op-ed last year that America should return to the bourgeois culture of the 1950s. In that article, she condemned “the single-parent, anti-social habits, prevalent among some working-class whites,” ″the anti ‘acting white’ rap culture of inner-city blacks” and the “anti-assimilation ideas gaining ground among some Hispanic immigrants” and said they were not suited for a “First World, 21st-century environment.”

She's got balls, that's for sure. Most americans agree with her but all germalists hate her and will try to crucify her.

I reread the OP. The OP seems to about a law school professor who said that he has never seen a black student graduate in the top 25% of the class. I presume he means at the college where he teaches. He may very well be telling the truth. Maybe he hasn't. If it's true, then there should be nothing wrong with saying it.

Indeed. I'm sure the prof will admit that some blacks do graduate in the top quarter, but she has not seen any personally.

Indeed. I'm sure the prof will admit that some blacks do graduate in the top quarter, but she has not seen any personally.
Maybe she’s not looking.

When a black does graduate in the top quarter he is assumed to be an affirmative action fraud. There are some intelligent blacks but thanks to AA they cannot be identified.

I didn't know how to play chess when I started high school. By my junior year I was beating the White boys that became the valedictorian and salutatorian.

But I got straight Ds in religion my freshman year. It was a Catholic school and I had decided I was an agnostic in 7th grade. I figure they had a policy of not flunking anyone in religion.

Our school system rewards people who follow orders no matter how stupid they are. I refused to read Catcher in the Rye. I was not about to give a damn about a story involving White boy so dumb he got kicked out of multiple schools.

It is really hard to conform to an egotistical NAZI culture. Can't make 700 year old double-entry accounting mandatory in the so called schools and then economists do not compute and report the depreciation of all of the consumer trash designed to become obsolete.

Palefaces can't figure out what slavery is.

The salutatorian cried in class when he got a B in math senior year. I almost laughed. Then I thought about all of the idiotic homework assignments he had to do in order to get straight A's in everything. Crummy System. NAZI factories!

I didn't know how to play chess when I started high school. By my junior year I was beating the White boys that became the valedictorian and salutatorian.

But I got straight Ds in religion my freshman year. It was a Catholic school and I had decided I was an agnostic in 7th grade. I figure they had a policy of not flunking anyone in religion.

Our school system rewards people who follow orders no matter how stupid they are. I refused to read Catcher in the Rye. I was not about to give a damn about a story involving White boy so dumb he got kicked out of multiple schools.

It is really hard to conform to an egotistical NAZI culture. Can't make 700 year old double-entry accounting mandatory in the so called schools and then economists do not compute and report the depreciation of all of the consumer trash designed to become obsolete.

Palefaces can't figure out what slavery is.

The salutatorian cried in class when he got a B in math senior year. I almost laughed. Then I thought about all of the idiotic homework assignments he had to do in order to get straight A's in everything. Crummy System. NAZI factories!
So you beat someone who wasn't very good at chess? You sound just like the black guys in my school. Bragging about unworthy achievements, not reading, not doing homework, etc.

There are 1552 chess grandmasters in the world. 3 are black. At anything involving brains blacks are losers.

If you are posting on this board, you should be intelligent enough to know that one or two examples of abnormal individuals is NOT A REBUTTAL to a mountain of evidence of a phenomenon.

The average measured IQ of black natives in Sub-Sahara Africa is 70 - two standard deviations below the global norm. The average measured IQ of African-Americans is about 85 - one standard deviation below.

OF COURSE there are very bright African Americans, and OF COURSE there are incredibly stupid Asians and Ashkenazi jews. But that is no rebuttal of the published research, which is based on thousands of data points.

Leftists WANT IQ to be determined by environment, so that they can campaign for MORE MONEY for government social programs that will LIFT AFRICAN AMERICANS up to national norms. This is what Operation Head Start is all about - a failed government boondoggle if there ever was one. But IQ is not very amenable to environmental "enhancement."

ANYTHING that is based on intelligence or academic merit will NECESSARILY end up with only a smattering of African Americans in the mix, and this drives Leftists crazy. And since Leftists are so prominent in Academe, it discourages "honors" and similar programs from focusing on ability or academic merit, because to do so means that the program (or whatever) will be flooded with Asians and Caucasians - with no Hispanics or African Americans.

It is no doubt true that the professor mentioned in the OP was speaking the truth, and as it happens, her observations - while non-scientific - are pretty much representative of reality.

So of course she must be excoriated for her "racism."

Fuck us, one and all.

The average measured IQ of black natives in Sub-Sahara Africa is 70 - two standard deviations below the global norm. The average measured IQ of African-Americans is about 85 - one standard deviation below.

And the reason american blacks are smarter than african blacks is because many of them are light-skinned blacks with a fair amount of white heritage.

LOL

And the brilliant White folks can't figure out that Planned Obsolescence is just a high technology form of slavery.

Notice that your White economists don't say anything about what Americans have lost on the depreciation of automobiles since the Moon landing.

My point was that your own system indoctrinates you to concentrate on the wrong things. You are dummies manipulated by your egos and wrecking the planet.

Crying over a B in math. Imperialism requires that most of the imperialists be dumb pawns.

"Planned Obsolescence" is rare these days, as it is no longer necessary. Technology advances so rapidly that even the best-planned and best-designed products are outmoded in a few years. (I just bought a car that cost $106,000 when new in 2007, and it doesn't even have a back-up camera). And in many cases, the BETTER, newer stuff is actually less expensive in constant-year dollars than the older tech was when new.

Depreciation is a normal and natural phenomenon of capital investments being gradually "used up." If I use a car to go to work every day for ten years, there is essentially no depreciation; the tool has paid for itself over its useful life, by offsetting the costs I would have had to pay for transportation by other means.

It is good that one cries over a "B" in math. Competition is good. Striving for excellence is good.

Imperialism is the attempt to dominate and control others through force. The word makes no sense whatsoever in the context of Academe or this thread. If every Leftist in this country were executed for mis-using the word Imperialist, there would be no more Leftists.

Depreciation is a normal and natural phenomenon of capital investments being gradually "used up." If I use a car to go to work every day for ten years, there is essentially no depreciation; the tool has paid for itself over its useful life, by offsetting the costs I would have had to pay for transportation by other means.

You sound like the idiots who say when you buy something 2 for 1 , you get it for free since you pay for it with the money you save.!! If you want essentially free transportation, you get it with a bike. Wally sells brand new 18 speed bikes for $80. THINK

Forum List

Back