Professor Gates and Officer Crowley acted alike

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
I feel that both officer Crowley and professor Gates over reacted to the situation based on their personal history and each feeling and over using their power.

There is no doubt over the years that professor Gates has experienced racism from white males. I am sure he is sensitive to being pushed around by a white male over stepping his authority.

There is no doubt that officer Crowley has experienced hot headed citizens disrespecting him while doing his job. I am sure it is people of all races. I am not sure how much race played into his actions. I feel it was more of intolerance of a citizen mouthing back to him.

Professor Gates is a world renowned professor and I am guessing he feels he deserves to be treated better because of it.

Officer Crowley as a police officer has the ability to arrest someone if they irritate him. Most peoples jobs don't allow forthis type of authority.

I feel both men over reacted based on their history of similar situations and both were feeling their oats and escalated the situation above where it should have gone.

They both should say sorry and move on.

I feel that both officer Crowley and professor Gates over reacted to the situation based on their personal history and each feeling and over using their power.

There is no doubt over the years that professor Gates has experienced racism from white males. I am sure he is sensitive to being pushed around by a white male over stepping his authority.

There is no doubt that officer Crowley has experienced hot headed citizens disrespecting him while doing his job. I am sure it is people of all races. I am not sure how much race played into his actions. I feel it was more of intolerance of a citizen mouthing back to him.

Professor Gates is a world renowned professor and I am guessing he feels he deserves to be treated better because of it.

Officer Crowley as a police officer has the ability to arrest someone if they irritate him. Most peoples jobs don't allow forthis type of authority.

I feel both men over reacted based on their history of similar situations and both were feeling their oats and escalated the situation above where it should have gone.

That would be the intelligent thing to do. Good luck, though!

The first of the two to step forward and admit they may have gone too far would gain back the public's respect, IMO. I think, though, that these are both two very proud and hard headed men who will not do so. Unless they have a guarantee that the other will also admit fault. Time will tell. It's too soon for either to see clearly and now that it's reached national attention ...

The first of the two to step forward and admit they may have gone too far would gain back the public's respect, IMO. I think, though, that these are both two very proud and hard headed men who will not do so. Unless they have a guarantee that the other will also admit fault. Time will tell. It's too soon for either to see clearly and now that it's reached national attention ...

I agree

they have both taken this to a level where they most likely wont take that step

However badly either of these two men may have behaved neither behaved as "stupidly" as Obama did when he commented on this situation at his press conference.

The story accomplished what was intended.

Obama needed to get people to stop talking about his budgit disaster and his upcoming tax hike to pay for health care, so what is the perfect distraction?

Racism.

Of course its just 'coincedence' that he was 'asked' the perfect question for deflection, considering he only took 11 questions.

ROFLMNAO...

The whole THING is HILARIOUS... and that the BOY KING dipping his stump into it, was just more than one could have hoped.... Hyper-sensitive euridite minorities crying about their racial plight...

HIL-FREAKIN-LARIOUS!

they have both taken this to a level where they most likely wont take that step
It seems so.

I agree.

ROFLMNAO...

Well how positively CENTRIST...

DEY BLACK... thus DEY SPECICIAL... Hell if the Prof' were just queer and HANDICAP'd he would be ridin' the fully protected BOAT...

It's just delicious...

The real question here is: "What would Justice Sotomayor say...?"

My guess is she feels that if the Prof' had managed to get himself born Hispanic, he'd be sufficiently wise to just come out on the porch and talk to the cops...

Forum List

Back