Problems with Ex Nihilo Creation

I don't know about you but I've was reincarnated and know of two lives in previous Earthly visits...I also prognosticated my future in dreams as a child...
I know there are forces out there that humans do not understand because we have not a mind to do as such with..Some have but only a tiny fraction of all humans that have made footprints on this planet...That is why I am one warped individual and think differently than the masses..Hell, my irises are perfectly the same distance from my nose, which is rare...
Now, enough about me, let us return to our poop throwing contest...
You are warped because of the choice you made. To see it any other way is to transfer control.

There are forces that humans do not fully understand but that doesn't mean insight cannot be gained from studying what has been created.
No, I am warped because of my experiences with extrasensory capabilities. The facade the society creates is a mere figment of their imagination to placate human anxiety.
No. Your escape of reality through drugs is that.
I already had this knowledge before I ever took a hit from a joint or did any drug..I started smoking after seeing death come to the place I and my sister worked(we ditched work at the last moment to see Aerosmith). And the entire crew at the Sirloin Stockade in OKC was herded into the walk-in and killed by a robber named Roger Stafford. I shall never forget his name and the external urge to not go to work.
I lived there when it happened. Summer before my senior year in high school. I lived on the North side.

I was probably at that concert too. Did every drug I could get my hands on back then. Funny how things turn out.

I don't know about you but I've was reincarnated and know of two lives in previous Earthly visits...I also prognosticated my future in dreams as a child...
I know there are forces out there that humans do not understand because we have not a mind to do as such with..Some have but only a tiny fraction of all humans that have made footprints on this planet...That is why I am one warped individual and think differently than the masses..Hell, my irises are perfectly the same distance from my nose, which is rare...
Now, enough about me, let us return to our poop throwing contest...
You are warped because of the choice you made. To see it any other way is to transfer control.

There are forces that humans do not fully understand but that doesn't mean insight cannot be gained from studying what has been created.
No, I am warped because of my experiences with extrasensory capabilities. The facade the society creates is a mere figment of their imagination to placate human anxiety.
I already had this knowledge before I ever took a hit from a joint or did any drug..I started smoking after seeing death come to the place I and my sister worked(we ditched work at the last moment to see Aerosmith). And the entire crew at the Sirloin Stockade in OKC was herded into the walk-in and killed by a robber named Roger Stafford. I shall never forget his name and the external urge to not go to work.
I lived there when it happened. Summer before my senior year in high school. I lived on the North side.

I was probably at that concert too. Did every drug I could get my hands on back then. Funny how things turn out.
Did your sister puke on the floor from Two Fingers tequila?

Did your sister puke on the floor from Two Fingers tequila?
Don't know. You'd have to ask her. She was in New Orleans.

When I was in college I took a course on the philosophy of religion. The instructor posed the question, "If God is all knowing, all powerful, and an all loving being, and he can create anything out of nothing, then why didn't he just create us to be perfect like himself?" This is basically the same concept that the guy doing the video series is suggesting but with much more detail.
And the answer to your instructor’s question would be, of course, “because there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.”

When I was in college I took a course on the philosophy of religion. The instructor posed the question, "If God is all knowing, all powerful, and an all loving being, and he can create anything out of nothing, then why didn't he just create us to be perfect like himself?" This is basically the same concept that the guy doing the video series is suggesting but with much more detail.
And the answer to your instructor’s question would be, of course, “because there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.”
The question includes big 'ifs'.
Answers that come to mind:
a) How do we know we aren't perfect?
b) If 'God' is all knowing and all powerful, then 'God' must have a reason for what was/is done. That we don't see it doesn't mean much.
c) When something is seamlessly meshed with something else, it disappears into the union; it doesn't "be" as identifiable any more. Perhaps 'God' wanted/wants humans to know they are.
Of course, these apply 'if' 'God' exists.
Then again 'God' could exist in some manner that we are incapable of comprehending as 'being'.

Is 'God' a thing?
For any given thing there is a final state of fact. Once discovered it will be known that it was always that way and will always be that way. In other words, it is eternal and unchanging.

We call the final state of fact objective truth. Objective truth is reality. Reality is existence.

The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging.

Ergo, the first cause is the final state of fact, the first cause is objective truth, the first cause is reality, the first cause is existence. This I know this to be God.

This is ding's proof of God's existence.

It appears to me you are still confronted by the question, who or what created God.

As I understand it before the beginning there was absolutely nothing. Then something happened to that nothing that caused it to become something, and that something became everything. I prefer to think that reality is a creation of consciousness instead of the other way around. Mind had to come before reality..

As I understand it before the beginning there was absolutely nothing. Then something happened to that nothing that caused it to become something, and that something became everything. I prefer to think that reality is a creation of consciousness instead of the other way around. Mind had to come before reality..
I have heard it explained as a curious void which held potential.

'God' is no 'thing'. Even science says the universe is one, and not many 'things'.
No thing could easily have come from No Thing.
That violates the First Law of Thermodynamics.
How many times do I have to go through this with you?
I would guess as many times as it will take you to come up with a repeatable experiment that disproves the proven FLoT.
But he said nothing can come from nothing. That is a true statement and does not violate the FLoT.

Maybe the misunderstanding was in your understanding of what you read or you read more into it than what he actually wrote. Did you make some sort of assumption?

"Thing" is a word. It represents an idea, a human concept. The concept of a thing may exist, but it is not the thing and is not a 'thing'.
'God' is a word that represents a human concept. Being a word, it is limited. 'God' could not be 'God' and be 'limitable'. In any case, 'God' could not be a thing, but possibly, conceptually, all things.
thing
THiNG/
noun
  1. 1.
    an object that one need not, cannot, or does not wish to give a specific name to.
    "look at that metal rail thing over there"
    synonyms: object, article, item, artifact, commodity; More
  2. 2.
    an inanimate material object as distinct from a living sentient being.
    "I'm not a thing, not a work of art to be cherished"

"Thing" is a word. It represents an idea, a human concept. The concept of a thing may exist, but it is not the thing and is not a 'thing'.
'God' is a word that represents a human concept. Being a word, it is limited. 'God' could not be 'God' and be 'limitable'. In any case, 'God' could not be a thing, but possibly, conceptually, all things.
thing
THiNG/
noun
  1. 1.
    an object that one need not, cannot, or does not wish to give a specific name to.
    "look at that metal rail thing over there"
    synonyms: object, article, item, artifact, commodity; More
  2. 2.
    an inanimate material object as distinct from a living sentient being.
    "I'm not a thing, not a work of art to be cherished"
I agree that God is no thing.

Forum List

Back