Pro-Russian Protesters Declare Eastern Ukraine a Separatist Republic…

You cant wrap your brain around reality. You simply swallow Moscow's line like liberals swallow Obama's cock.
The referendum was a sham. Putin's excuses are a sham. It is a replay of Nazi Germany c.1938. Only idiots fall for that crap.

Oh give it freaking up! Here's the electoral map from 2010. I found this at the Washington Post.

Are they shilling for Putin now? And I've put up the map showing that Eastern Ukraine is pro Russia for a reason. Because they speak Russian as their first language.

Is that something Putin just pulled out of the thin air and had that information running at the Washington Post last year?

Unreal.

ukraine-2010-election.jpg

Recall the Yanukovich threw Timoshenko in jail for some trumped up charge. Yeah, he was a real elected leader.
What's your point? That people who speak Russian should be part of Russia? Maybe we should give Brighton Beach back to the Russians. That's the stupidest thing I've seen you post yet.

She was tried and convicted after the election. Get your timelines right. He didn't throw her in jail at all.

Stop with the bullshit here. This election in 2010 was monitored and was considered one of the best democratic elections ever.

And I'm not saying that because they speak Russian they should belong to Russia and you know damn well I have never said that.

Just pointing out that it is a no brainer that Crimea would most definitely run to Russia.

Let me make it real simple.

Kiev goons overthrow elected leader that the East put in power. Kiev goons hate any thing Russian.

Now let's get the crayons working OT here.

Kiev goons want to ban the Russian language and want to strip Crimea of her autonomy.

Who the hell in the right mind would stick with people in power who hate your guts because you speak Russian and want to take away what little power you have?

To sum up the stupidity of tinydancer, she sides with Russians that claim it was "US trained snipers" killing people in Kyiv during the protests, not the FSB and Ukraine secret police....

Unlike yourself tinydancer is of Ukranian heritage with family there that she communicates with. I have friends with family in Crimea. You have the latest talking points.

To sum up the stupidity of tinydancer, she sides with Russians that claim it was "US trained snipers" killing people in Kyiv during the protests, not the FSB and Ukraine secret police....

Unlike yourself tinydancer is of Ukranian heritage with family there that she communicates with. I have friends with family in Crimea. You have the latest talking points.

What really kills me is that people actually talk about Crimea "being under Putin's boot". I would have hoped that some would have been more informed of what it's like to be "under the European Union's boot; with steel toes".

Yikes. Talk about giving up one's sovereignty when you "join"; some of the stories I've read on how much control the EU has over countries sets my hair on fire.

What I am most worried about is the economy. Russia offered a far sweeter deal than the EU and that's why Yanukovych wanted take the deal from Russia.

And with all the chest thumping we're doing over here and the sabre rattling coming from Kiev, who the hell is going to want to invest in the Ukraine?

Those who are left in Ukraine have just learned that half their income has to go to the EU under their imposed austerity measures. Of course the Ukranians want to run back to Russia. Who wouldn't?

Oh give it freaking up! Here's the electoral map from 2010. I found this at the Washington Post.

Are they shilling for Putin now? And I've put up the map showing that Eastern Ukraine is pro Russia for a reason. Because they speak Russian as their first language.

Is that something Putin just pulled out of the thin air and had that information running at the Washington Post last year?

Unreal.

ukraine-2010-election.jpg

Recall the Yanukovich threw Timoshenko in jail for some trumped up charge. Yeah, he was a real elected leader.
What's your point? That people who speak Russian should be part of Russia? Maybe we should give Brighton Beach back to the Russians. That's the stupidest thing I've seen you post yet.

She was tried and convicted after the election. Get your timelines right. He didn't throw her in jail at all.

Stop with the bullshit here. This election in 2010 was monitored and was considered one of the best democratic elections ever.

And I'm not saying that because they speak Russian they should belong to Russia and you know damn well I have never said that.

Just pointing out that it is a no brainer that Crimea would most definitely run to Russia.

Kiev goons overthrow elected leader that the East put in power. Kiev goons hate any thing Russian.

Kiev goons want to ban the Russian language and want to strip Crimea of her autonomy.

Who the hell in the right mind would stick with people in power who hate your guts because you speak Russian and want to take away what little power you have?

So because they speak Russian they should be part of Russia. That's what you're saying here.
The Ukrainians were right to insist on Ukrainian as the official language. I suppose because we have large contingents of Spanish speakers near the border we need to cede that territory to Mexico.

Those who are left in Ukraine have just learned that half their income has to go to the EU under their imposed austerity measures. Of course the Ukranians want to run back to Russia. Who wouldn't?

Gee, maybe not
More than 4.5 million Ukrainians want referendum on NATO, EU membership | Moldova.org

The article you linked to is dated March 2006.

More than 4.5 million Ukrainians want referendum on NATO, EU membership March 13 19:38 2006

In 2006 the Ukraine had a population of 47 million give or take a few. So by my calculations less than 10% wanted a referendum at that time.

ukraine-population.png

Ukraine Population | Actual Value | Historical Data | Forecast

So because they speak Russian they should be part of Russia. That's what you're saying here.
The Ukrainians were right to insist on Ukrainian as the official language. I suppose because we have large contingents of Spanish speakers near the border we need to cede that territory to Mexico.

Sigh. It's not about the official language of the country. Svoboda wants to ban the Russian language entirely. As well as strip other languages used by minorities.

Geeze louise, banning is an entirely different situation than making Ukrainian the official language.

You are dealing with uber Uks in Kiev now. They want to ban Greek and other languages as well. We are talking people who believe in an "ethnically clean Ukraine".

Now the EU flipped and got this vetoed but hells bells it's going to come up time and time again because we are dealing with goons who believe in "purity".

Is Greece spreading propaganda? I think not. I think they are sweating it out over the uber nationals who have seized control.

Among the bills passed by the Verkhovna Rada (parliament) is one of especial interest to Greeks as it bans the use of their native tongue to minorities.

Greek was an official minority language in Ukraine, which has a Greek diaspora community of 150,000.

:eusa_whistle:

The bill has a number. It was a real deal that they passed and then it got vetoed but for how long?

4199- Bill to repeal the use of their native language by minorities , which re4fers to Russian, Romanian, Hungarian, and Greek.

Ukraine to ban Greek as official minority language / The TOC In English

Last edited:
And of course minorities are afraid of Kiev. It's a no brainer.

4176 – Bill to repeal law penalizing Nazi propaganda.

Ahh...the dialogue here demonstrates how little we know beyond our western-centric view of the world...
Please note: Crimea was never "part of Russia"...The peninsula was part of the Soviet Union before it's dissolution.. Khruschev's "gift" was simply a gratuitous gesture....After the U.S.S.R.'s dissolution and the emergence of Ukraine as a sovereign nation, Crimea remained an integral part of Ukraine...and Russia joined the agreement to respect Ukraine's bounderies if it gave up it's nukes,,, which it did.
Putin's Russia is now violating that agreement.. First grabbing Crimea and now pushing into Eastern Ukraine...that those natives are unanimously protesting to join Russia is another Putin orchestrated hoax to justify his hegemony.
What's next? ALL of UkrAine, then Moldova, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Finland...etc. etc....
European nations better WAKE UP and join the U.S. in imposing sterner economic sanctions on Russia ...or like victims of the Borg, they "will be absorbed"...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:

Sigh. It's not about the official language of the country. Svoboda wants to ban the Russian language entirely. As well as strip other languages used by minorities.

Geeze louise, banning is an entirely different situation than making Ukrainian the official language.

You are dealing with uber Uks in Kiev now. They want to ban Greek and other languages as well. We are talking people who believe in an "ethnically clean Ukraine".

Now the EU flipped and got this vetoed but hells bells it's going to come up time and time again because we are dealing with goons who believe in "purity".

Is Greece spreading propaganda? I think not. I think they are sweating it out over the uber nationals who have seized control.

Among the bills passed by the Verkhovna Rada (parliament) is one of especial interest to Greeks as it bans the use of their native tongue to minorities.

Greek was an official minority language in Ukraine, which has a Greek diaspora community of 150,000.

:eusa_whistle:

The bill has a number. It was a real deal that they passed and then it got vetoed but for how long?

4199- Bill to repeal the use of their native language by minorities , which re4fers to Russian, Romanian, Hungarian, and Greek.

Ukraine to ban Greek as official minority language / The TOC In English

I cant find a reliable source for the idea that the Ukraine wans to ban Greek.

And rightly so! We didn't have a military disadvantage when Ukraine etc. was part of the Soviet Union.

WHAT?

Carter and the party propaganda networks ALL claimed that the USSR was VASTLY superior in conventional arm.

In 1978 when the Soviet shot down a Korean Airlines 747 full of passengers, party propaganda outlet, the New York Times, listed the vast military superiority of the USSR as a reason that we should not, could not, respond.

Author Andrew Cockburn Zeroes in on the Myth of Soviet Military Superiority - War : People.com

The mythology of the 70's, promoted by party media was that the USSR was many time more powerful than the U.S. Our humiliating defeat in Vietnam was still fresh and 5th columnists like Jim Wright were urging America to accept the inevitable domination by the Soviets. Wright as you may recall was instrumental in maneuvering Nicaragua as a Soviet base and staging point to march North through Mexico and threaten our Southern Border.

We need to respect their sphere of influence, just like they need to respect Ours. Putin knows better than to invade NATO countries...............

What would Obama do if Putin invaded Slovakia; hold his breath, assassinate another American citizen?

What should obama do?

It's too late for him to do anything. The time to act was long ago, like at the time of the reset button debacle.

What not to do is offer military aid to the failing Ukranian coup. Such an action will turn Ukraine into Syria. This is ultimately a civil war. We can help in the murder of another 200,000 people or let the Ukrainians vote their way out.

And as I predicted, another "what can we do" handwringing. There is plenty besides sit back and watch Putin put the Soviet Union together.

Even if we have to kill every Ukranian in the process.

Stalin already did that.

One reason that the Ukraine is so willing to cede to Russia is that virtually everyone in the Ukraine is ethnic Russian. Stalin effected a complete genocide of ethnic Ukrainians, and repopulated the country with Russians.

And as I predicted, another "what can we do" handwringing. There is plenty besides sit back and watch Putin put the Soviet Union together.

Stalin already did that.

One reason that the Ukraine is so willing to cede to Russia is that virtually everyone in the Ukraine is ethnic Russian. Stalin effected a complete genocide of ethnic Ukrainians, and repopulated the country with Russians.

Stalin was a liberal.

obama channels Stalin. obama just wishes he was more like Stalin.

Blog: Obama Channels Stalin in Rose Garden Speech

Stalin already did that.

Stalin was a liberal.

obama channels Stalin. obama just wishes he was more like Stalin.

Blog: Obama Channels Stalin in Rose Garden Speech

Yeah I dont think anyone with two brain cells would call Stalin a liberal. Unless by liberal you mean what used to be called totalitarian. And that might be.

I guess my question is why is this more of a US problem than a European problem?

It's a Western problem. A reemerging Empire that threatens the free nations of the West.

Say what?

You mean the nations of EU which have "hate speech" laws, or the US which has a massive NSA surveillance system?

We should fight Russia to preserve what "freedom" exactly, the freedom to peddle homosexual propaganda to children? See how many young men you can get to sign up for World War 3 under that banner, lol.

Forum List

Back