What are you?

• I am Pro-Life

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I am Anti-Abortion

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I am Pro-choice

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Being vocal in opposition to homosexuality based on biblical grounds is one thing. Disseminating false information about us is not. That is hate. It's the same tactic the Nazi's used against the Jews.

You seem to not understand the difference. I could care less if Christians oppose homos. It's when they back Ugandan legislation for killing us, and they promote propaganda that we are all diseased and pedophiles that I object. Especially when they use that propaganda to keep us from being able to civilly marry.

Of course, you have the luxury of ignoring them. I don't.

You've been shown time and again that an American church backing Ugandan legislation for killing gays is a lie, yet you continue to repeat it over and over again, as if that will somehow make it not a lie.

Bullshit. Canyon Ridge Christian Church in Las Vegas SPONSORED Martin Ssempa.

They don't call it "Sin City" for nothing. Though forget gambling, drinking, overeating at behemoth buffet lines or any of the other images you might associate with Las Vegas. Because when it comes to the Vegas-based Canyon Ridge Christian Church, there's another sin in mind: proudly supporting the people in Uganda who want to enact a law that will kill or imprison LGBT people.

Canyon Ridge has a tight relationship with Pastor Martin Ssempa, the Rev. Fred Phelps of Uganda. Except while Phelps has largely been marginalized and ostracized, Ssempa enjoys quite the bit of influence in Uganda. You can see him live and in person in various documentaries, including Missionaries of Hate and Exporting Hate, where Ssempa travels around various parts of Uganda rallying people to call for the killing of and imprisonment of LGBT people.

The Las Vegas Church Working to Kill Gay People in Uganda | Change.org News

The Audacity of Canyon Ridge Christian Church Participating in National HIV Testing Day | Change.org News

CANYON RIDGE CHANGED THEIR WEBSITE AFTER THESE STORIES ABOUT THEM.

Yes, we've had this conversation and I provided links showing exactly what the law was and how this church was not backing the 'killing of gays', but you go right ahead and keep spreading the lies. You might want to invesigate what you're saying here a little deeper and be sure that what you're propagandizing is true, I'm telling you it's not.

Are you judging them for how they believe?? What right do you have to judge them? You are no better than the 'christians' that you say judge you, as a matter of fact, you may be worse than them. You're the same as they are, just sitting on the other side of the fence.

Yes. I am judging the Catholic Churches teaching on contraception. It's stupid. Most Catholics ignore it. It should be changed.

What right do I have to judge them? I was raised Catholic and I am entitled to my opinion. You don't have to like it. You're entitled to your opinion. If you want to think me worse than anyone else, so be it.

It's one thing for Catholics to be against abortion, and it's another to also be against birth control.

Then don't be a hypocrit when others judge based on their beliefs and call them out for it, which I have seen you do time and again on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just remember those bolded words that you said the next time you don't like someone's opinions or judgments.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've never said otherwise. I don't have to like it. I will speak out against Christian groups like the Family Research Council for disseminating lies about gay people. It shouldn't make moderate Christians upset. It's the extremists like FRC that I'm addressing.

That's completely different than having a biblical objection to homosexuality as a sin.

Last edited:
Yes. I am judging the Catholic Churches teaching on contraception. It's stupid. Most Catholics ignore it. It should be changed.

What right do I have to judge them? I was raised Catholic and I am entitled to my opinion. You don't have to like it. You're entitled to your opinion. If you want to think me worse than anyone else, so be it.

It's one thing for Catholics to be against abortion, and it's another to also be against birth control.

Then don't be a hypocrit when others judge based on their beliefs and call them out for it, which I have seen you do time and again on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just remember those bolded words that you said the next time you don't like someone's opinions or judgments.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've never said otherwise. I don't have to like it. I will speak out against Christian groups like the Family Research Council for disseminating lies about gay people. It shouldn't make moderate Christians upset. It's the extremists like FRC that I'm addressing.

That's completely different than having a biblical objection to homosexuality as a sin.

Hey, I guess if you feel spreading lies about Christians somehow makes you better than they are, go for it. What is the percentage of moderate to 'extremist' chrisitians out of all christians on the planet?

Are you saying you are pro-choice?

I'm not into abortions at all. I'm just not a supporter of making abortion illegal.

Do you want to stay on topic? How many billions of dollars that are used for abortion could be used to feed the "poor children"?

You answer my question and I'll answer yours. You said you are NOT in support of abortion being re-criminalized. Does that mean you are pro-choice?

Truth is some people focusing on legal abortion are seemingly unconcerned by the risks in illegal procedures.

There is some risk involved in ANY medical procedure, but in legal ones, there is less risk.

I am for personal freedom and RESPONSIBILITY. That was a good trap you sprang, SD. My answer was if you "crimminalize" abortion that legally you could prosecute a woman that had an illness that caused her to abort (thru coughing or cramping). If you crimminalize abortion, you would have politicians instead of doctors deciding if the baby was too big of risk and would kill the mother if she carried him.
I am against voluntary abortion.

Pro choice might mean that you choose more responsible choices instead of making stupid, risky choices where you expect the taxpayer to correct your poor choice and be responsible for the result of your choice.

Make no mistake, I am anti-abortion. That was not always the case. I believed the deceits that were carefully fed to women in the 50s, 60s, 70s & 80s about being equal. That basically translates to: you are a penis receptacle and you will deal with any problems that occur after men have had their way with you. Honey, you are on your own. Thru observation and seeking the truth, I have changed my point of view. If sperm and egg join together and something begins to grow: IT IS A BABY, it can be nothing else. Because you want to believe that it is okay to murder that child, does not mean that I have to agree with you. Because I believe that child should be given every opportunity to live does not mean that I want more government.

Wisdom is far more important than knowledge. It is time to teach that in school. It is time to teach that to those that would be "sexually active".

First of all, show me that person. Where are they?
Anyone that denigrates anyone for a private family decision does not have my respect.
Yes.
I don't know any.
How many denigrate women that have an abortion? Are you against that or are you on the sidelines with pictures of dead babies, yelling at them while they attempt to enter a doctor's office?

Just one?

Women's groups urge CBS to jettison Tim Tebow Super Bowl ad - USATODAY.com

Why get upset about an ad that does nothing more than talk about a woman's choice to have a baby?

Where is there someone that "denigrates a person that chooses not to have an abortion"?

Where? What is the woman's name that was denigrated and who was the person that denigrated?
As usual, you are strong in the Windbag department and seriously lacking in the evidence to back up your claims department.

SARAH PALIN was the most publicly denigrated woman for not aborting her youngest son (mostly by intellectual democrats).

Just one?

Women's groups urge CBS to jettison Tim Tebow Super Bowl ad - USATODAY.com

Why get upset about an ad that does nothing more than talk about a woman's choice to have a baby?

From the link:
"An ad that uses sports to divide rather than to unite has no place in the biggest national sports event of the year — an event designed to bring Americans together," said Jehmu Greene, president of the Women's Media Center.

&

"If you're a sports fan, and I am, that's the holiest day of the year," he wrote. "It's not a day to discuss abortion. For it, against it, I don't care what you are. On Super Sunday, I don't care what I am. Feb. 7 is simply not the day to have that discussion."

Just nuts. :cuckoo:

The Family Research Council, a right wing Christian extremist hate group, paid for the Tebow ad and started the whole political controversy on your high 'holy day'. Blame them, not those who reacted to it.

FRC are shit stirrers.

Attacking Christians that put out a message for discussion SD? Isn't that a lot bigoted?????? If people cannot handle a topic from a Christian group, how can we believe that the "intellectual liberals" are capable of handling ANYTHING????

From the link:
"An ad that uses sports to divide rather than to unite has no place in the biggest national sports event of the year — an event designed to bring Americans together," said Jehmu Greene, president of the Women's Media Center.

&

"If you're a sports fan, and I am, that's the holiest day of the year," he wrote. "It's not a day to discuss abortion. For it, against it, I don't care what you are. On Super Sunday, I don't care what I am. Feb. 7 is simply not the day to have that discussion."

Just nuts. :cuckoo:

The Family Research Council, a right wing Christian extremist hate group, paid for the Tebow ad and started the whole political controversy on your high 'holy day'. Blame them, not those who reacted to it.

FRC are shit stirrers.

Attacking Christians that put out a message for discussion SD? Isn't that a lot bigoted?????? If people cannot handle a topic from a Christian group, how can we believe that the "intellectual liberals" are capable of handling ANYTHING????

Family Research Council put out a biased anti-abortion message on Superbowl Sunday. Some complained about it. They were blamed for ruining the 'holy day' of Superbowl Sunday. I'm pointing out who started the fight. FRC is a hate group. Are we really surprised people are upset?

FRC are shit stirrers.

Family Research Council put out a biased anti-abortion message on Superbowl Sunday. Some complained about it. They were blamed for ruining the 'holy day' of Superbowl Sunday. I'm pointing out who started the fight. FRC is a hate group. Are we really surprised people are upset?

Biased anti abortion ad? Have you even watched the ad you are talking about? Apparently not, or you would know it never mentions abortion, and that the FRC had nothing to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

FRC are shit stirrers.

SkyDancer, did you see the ad? Your description of "biased anti-abortion" is very different from the one I saw of a young woman that made a difficult, risky decision to give birth when doctors warned her that it could kill her. She chose to give life. How is that "biased anti-abortion"? And if you think that is anti-abortion, do you object to all live-births since they could all be considered "biased anti-abortion" births?

SkyDancer, did you see the ad? Your description of "biased anti-abortion" is very different from the one I saw of a young woman that made a difficult, risky decision to give birth when doctors warned her that it could kill her. She chose to give life. How is that "biased anti-abortion"? And if you think that is anti-abortion, do you object to all live-births since they could all be considered "biased anti-abortion" births?

Family Research Council is listed as a hate group by SPLC. I did not see the ad, I heard about the protest and the controversy. The implication of the ad is that anyone woman who chooses an abortion to save her own life is selfish.

I'm not surprised since my experience of FRC is they like to stir up trouble.

That they have enough money to pay for a Superbowl ad is stunning.

Last edited:
I didn't see any "hate" on their site. Ignorance - maybe. Pity - perhaps. Hate? Nah.

They lie about gays and say that we are more likely to be pedophiles. They use junk science and they distort real science to prove their point. They have earned the title 'hate group' for those reasons.

They excel in anti-gay propaganda. Some of their stuff sounds straight of the Nazi xenophobia about Jews. They are of the opinion that gays have a world campaign to recruit and molest children.

Last edited:
I didn't see any "hate" on their site. Ignorance - maybe. Pity - perhaps. Hate? Nah.

They lie about gays and say that we are more likely to be pedophiles. They use junk science and they distort real science to prove their point. They have earned the title 'hate group' for those reasons.

They excel in anti-gay propaganda. Some of their stuff sounds straight of the Nazi xenophobia about Jews. They are of the opinion that gays have a world campaign to recruit and molest children.

Link please!

By the way, it seems like the major requirement for being a "hate group" is to be labeled "Radical Right". Get that label and you qualify. Then they throw you in with a bunch of KKK, White/Black Separatists organizations and declare you to be a hate group. Funny thing is that I have reviewed several states and there does not seem to be one organization that would be identified as left wing in any manner. I guess according to the SPLC the left doesn't hate. Most of us realize, that is simply not true.

For the second year in a row, the radical right in America expanded explosively in 2010, driven by resentment over the changing racial demographics of the country, frustration over the government’s handling of the economy, and the mainstreaming of conspiracy theories and other demonizing propaganda aimed at various minorities. For many on the radical right, anger is focusing on President Obama, who is seen as embodying everything that’s wrong with the country.

Hate groups topped 1,000 for the first time since the Southern Poverty Law Center began counting such groups in the 1980s. Anti-immigrant vigilante groups, despite having some of the political wind taken out of their sails by the adoption of hard-line anti-immigration laws around the country, continued to rise slowly. But by far the most dramatic growth came in the antigovernment “Patriot” movement — conspiracy-minded organizations that see the federal government as their primary enemy — which gained more than 300 new groups, a jump of over 60%.

Sorry, Sky, I'm not taking the word of the SPLC on this at all.

Immie

Last edited:

Family Research Council is listed as a hate group by SPLC. I did not see the ad, I heard about the protest and the controversy. The implication of the ad is that anyone woman who chooses an abortion to save her own life is selfish.

I'm not surprised since my experience of FRC is they like to stir up trouble.

That they have enough money to pay for a Superbowl ad is stunning.

Again, you give evidence that you are a "koolaid drinker" when it comes to attacks agains Christians. You have not watched the ad. Instead, you are repeating the propoganda by SPLC. I do not know about the other things the Family Research Council has been accused of doing, but this could not be more wrong. The ad is a testament (religious meaning intended) to the influence of the Lord in your life and with your choices. It is a beautiful ad about a mother's love for her son.

By your slamming it without watching it, makes your credibility even less. And if you think that is anti-abortion, do you object to all live-births since they could all be considered "biased anti-abortion" births?

Are you sure they are not the Global Warming Crowd?

Have you ever read anything put out by the FRC or are you taking the word of the SPLC?

Immie

Have you ever read anything put out by the FRC or are you taking the word of the SPLC?

Immie

She's not wrong about the anti-gay propaganda and the junk science. I can tell you that for a fact. As for her comments about them being xenophobic about Jews, I've never noticed that, so can't speak to it.

I found this on one of their links:

This does not mean that all homosexuals are child molesters—no one has ever claimed that. It does not even mean that most homosexuals are child molesters—there is no evidence to support that. But there is evidence that the relative rate of child sexual abuse among homosexuals is far higher than it is among heterosexuals.
http://downloads.frc.org/EF/EF10F01.pdf

That may very well be true. How many girls were molested by Catholic priests?

Hate speech?

Immie

She's not wrong about the anti-gay propaganda and the junk science. I can tell you that for a fact. As for her comments about them being xenophobic about Jews, I've never noticed that, so can't speak to it.

However, being anti-gay is not synonymous with being a hate group. I agree they are anti-gay. Most right wing Christian organizations are opposed to homosexuality. That does not make them a hate group.

From what I can see from the SPLC, what makes them a "hate group" is that they do not open their arms to the homosexual agenda. That is hogwash! What kind of country do we live in if we all have to agree in regards to social issues and how do we decide what we must agree upon?

Immie

Forum List

Back