What are you?

• I am Pro-Life

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I am Anti-Abortion

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I am Pro-choice

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
You're anti-abortion. No one is PRO-abortion. Pro-choice. That means Pam Tebow can have whatever babies she wants and someone else can have an abortion.

Why compare her to anti abortion terrorists?

I'm not. Read my words: Pam Tebow can have whatever babies she wants and someone else can have an abortion

I did not say you are, I am pointing out that others are. The people who are comparing a mother who, when advised that her child might be developmentally disabled, chose to have that child anyway to anti abortion fanatics who bomb clinics and shoot doctors, can only be described as pro abortion, not pro choice. You can sit back and say that you do not know anyone who is pro abortion, but you do not know everyone who lives on the planet.

Why compare her to anti abortion terrorists?

I'm not. Read my words: Pam Tebow can have whatever babies she wants and someone else can have an abortion

I did not say you are, I am pointing out that others are. The people who are comparing a mother who, when advised that her child might be developmentally disabled, chose to have that child anyway to anti abortion fanatics who bomb clinics and shoot doctors, can only be described as pro abortion, not pro choice. You can sit back and say that you do not know anyone who is pro abortion, but you do not know everyone who lives on the planet.

Some valid points you make that are clear.
Let me put it to you this way, real world experiences of mine.
My daughter is a senior in high school. One of her best friends has a Down Syndrome brother. I love seeing that kid as I know the problems his Mom faced. Luckily, they come from a wealthy family. I sit near Josh at the basketball games and he loves to get up and cheer when they play "Who let the dogs out". I admire them so much for having Josh!
Now I am 56 yoa and coached, after playing many seasons, many a rec football team here. I am very involved in the community. And I have run across many that are biased on both sides. This is what happened to us. We have a community leader, now there are Democrats as bad or worse with their dogma, that throws his religion around and is adamantly opposed to abortion. He is wealthy also and travels to clinics protesting. He was also on the board of the rec football league I was on for years. One year I had a kid that had played with my son for years and his Mom re-married. The new husband had a Down Syndrome kid. My boy would let that kid wear his helmet after the games and we would put shoulder pads on him and he loved it. The kid had a nick name "Rooster" that his Dad gave him. The month before the next season the Dad called me and wanted to know if Rooster could come to practice with the boys to see if he could play. After a physical which was required he practiced and it was apparent he would be ok to play the required 8 plays per game participation on the defensive line. However, I asked the other coaches if that was okay. All but one coach, the guy that I mentioned earlier, agreed. 7 coaches agreed, 1opposed. And he caused a stink about no handicapped kids playing and never mentioned that it was a safety issue. This guy stated that Satan had punished the mother and the child was not allowed to play. Bottom line, the league ruled that he could not play in the one game we played against the other coach that disagreed. OK, we played Rooster ANYWAY. We lost the game on the other coach's protest. So what. That was the only game that ass hole won all year. Words can not describe the joy seeing Rooster carrying that championship trophy after the last game that year.

My daughter is a senior in high school. One of her best friends has a Down Syndrome brother. I love seeing that kid as I know the problems his Mom faced. Luckily, they come from a wealthy family. I sit near Josh at the basketball games and he loves to get up and cheer when they play "Who let the dogs out". I admire them so much for having Josh!
Now I am 56 yoa and coached, after playing many seasons, many a rec football team here. I am very involved in the community. And I have run across many that are biased on both sides. This is what happened to us. We have a community leader, now there are Democrats as bad or worse with their dogma, that throws his religion around and is adamantly opposed to abortion. He is wealthy also and travels to clinics protesting. He was also on the board of the rec football league I was on for years. One year I had a kid that had played with my son for years and his Mom re-married. The new husband had a Down Syndrome kid. My boy would let that kid wear his helmet after the games and we would put shoulder pads on him and he loved it. The kid had a nick name "Rooster" that his Dad gave him. The month before the next season the Dad called me and wanted to know if Rooster could come to practice with the boys to see if he could play. After a physical which was required he practiced and it was apparent he would be ok to play the required 8 plays per game participation on the defensive line. However, I asked the other coaches if that was okay. All but one coach, the guy that I mentioned earlier, agreed. 7 coaches agreed, 1opposed. And he caused a stink about no handicapped kids playing and never mentioned that it was a safety issue. This guy stated that Satan had punished the mother and the child was not allowed to play. Bottom line, the league ruled that he could not play in the one game we played against the other coach that disagreed. OK, we played Rooster ANYWAY. We lost the game on the other coach's protest. So what. That was the only game that ass hole won all year. Words can not describe the joy seeing Rooster carrying that championship trophy after the last game that year.

I have always known that both sides have haters, I find all of them despicable.

I have always known that both sides have haters, I find all of them despicable.

And your posts have always reflected that.

Abstinence only is a form of pregnancy prevention for religious people who are only allowed to have sex to produce babies.

Contraception is for everyone else with a healthy sex life.

The anti-choice movement not only is ant-abortion, but they anti-contraception. They are abstinence only religious fanatics.

Really? Where do you get that information from? Could you please post a link? I am 'anti-choice' and I personally used the birth control pill for many years. And I'm not a 'religious fanatic' either, but I am most definitely a christian, so what group do I fit in with?? Well, I fit in with the MAJORITY of people that are 'anti-choice', i.e. 'anti-abortion', i.e. 'pro-life'. You really should stop reading all of that left wing propaganda crap that fills your mind with total bullshit.

The anti-choice movement not only is ant-abortion, but they anti-contraception. They are abstinence only religious fanatics.

The "abstinance only" crowd, I will agree with you on. However, most of us are not "abstinance only".

For example.... I have no problem using contraception, and do so every time I engage in a sexual act. HOWEVER, I also do not engage in casual sex and make it very clear to every one of my partners that if the contraception doesn't work, that Abortion is NOT an option so far as I'm concerned. That stance HAS cost me the opportunity to engage in sexual activity with a number of women over the years. So be it. We're both probably better off for that decision.

Feminists for life is large, noisy anti-abortion, abstinence only group. The training manual I provided earlier in the thread is yet ANOTHER abstinence only extremist group.

Randall Terry of Operation Rescue thinks Christians should NEVER use abortion and have as many babies as they can to produce soldiers for his theocratic movement.

There are some fanatics out there in your camp.

Own them.

Why don't you say the same thing to moderate muslims about their extremists?

The "abstinance only" crowd, I will agree with you on. However, most of us are not "abstinance only".

For example.... I have no problem using contraception, and do so every time I engage in a sexual act. HOWEVER, I also do not engage in casual sex and make it very clear to every one of my partners that if the contraception doesn't work, that Abortion is NOT an option so far as I'm concerned. That stance HAS cost me the opportunity to engage in sexual activity with a number of women over the years. So be it. We're both probably better off for that decision.

Feminists for life is large, noisy anti-abortion, abstinence only group. The training manual I provided earlier in the thread is yet ANOTHER abstinence only extremist group.

Randall Terry of Operation Rescue thinks Christians should NEVER use abortion and have as many babies as they can to produce soldiers for his theocratic movement.

Own them.

I'm asking you to take responsibility to the extremists in your group.

I have been outspokenly critical of NAMBLA, campaigned to make sure they didn't march in the Gay Pride Parade, you can talk to Christians who don't represent your views. I am completely disgusted by NAMBLA and want nothing to do with them. They do not represent the interests of gay people.

I'm not a Muslim. Right now I don't live near any Muslims. If I did I would be happy to talk them about my concerns about Islamic extremism.

Last edited:
Abstinence only is a form of pregnancy prevention for religious people who are only allowed to have sex to produce babies.

Really? Where do you get that information from? Could you please post a link? I am 'anti-choice' and I personally used the birth control pill for many years. And I'm not a 'religious fanatic' either, but I am most definitely a christian, so what group do I fit in with?? Well, I fit in with the MAJORITY of people that are 'anti-choice', i.e. 'anti-abortion', i.e. 'pro-life'. You really should stop reading all of that left wing propaganda crap that fills your mind with total bullshit.

Check out Feminists for Life. We know they are completely against abortion. They also refuse to promote contraception. They are 'abstinence only' proponents.

Are Catholics religious fanatics?

"To Catholics, purposely stopping the joining of an egg and sperm is thought to be a sin. Sex is meant for procreation purposes, married Catholic couples should always be open to the possibility of a pregnancy. While family planning is allowed, the use of contraceptives, both hormonal and barrier, are not. Likewise, tubal ligations and vasectomies for purposes of contraception and sterilization are not acceptable.

Referred to as fornication, having sex before marriage is considered to be a mortal sin, (mortal sin is the fast track to eternal hell. If you die with a mortal sin on your soul you go to hell) requiring one to go to confession before they are allowed to take part in Holy Communion again. However, it is not just strictly the act of having sexual intercourse that the Roman Catholic Church advises it followers against; it is any form of sexual activity.

Because engaging in sexual activity may lead to temptation and therefore sex, couples that are not married should not take part in any type of sexual relation. While couples are encouraged to get to know each other intimately, this intimacy refers to a mental and spiritual intimacy. In some instances, physical affection may be displayed through hugging, holding hands, cuddling and perhaps kissing.

http://www.epigee.org/guide/catholicism.html

Last edited:
From The Nation:

FFL considers the pill an "abortifacient."

From page 16 of this newsletter:
http://www.feministsforlife.org/taf/1997/winter/Winter97-98.pdf

“birth control counseling often indirectly contributes to the victim’s sense of shame, guilt, and blame for what is happening, since she is told to “take control” and “be responsible” for her “sexual activity,” implying that this situation is indeed within her power to control.”

More on the anti-contraception agenda:

"After Roe v. Wade was decided," says Feldt, "the debate focused on abortion instead of birth control. But [for anti-choicers] they are not separate issues."

Many of the National Right to Life Committee state affiliates have opposed legislation that would provide insurance coverage for contraception. Iowa Right to Life even lists a host of birth control methods -- including the pill, the IUD, Norplant and Depo-Provera -- as abortifacients.

Contraception, after all, lessens the number of abortions. But once one understands what the true social and moral agenda of activists like Worthington is, and their attitude toward sexuality, the contradictions vanish. For them, sex should always be about procreation; since contraception prevents conception, it is immoral. At a deeper level, they believe that women's biological destiny is to be mothers.
http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2006/03/20/anti_contraception

Last edited:
Christian oral sex can't deliberately result in male climax. That would not be keeping open to fertility.
Straight Answers about Christian Oral Sex

1- Is it okay to use contraceptives?

No. It isn’t.

2 - Is it a mortal sin or a venial sin to use contraceptives?

It is a mortal sin.

7 - Is “pulling out” considered contraception?

Yes. When a man ejaculates, the life giving seed spews forth. If you keep this seed from following its natural course (by blocking it, spilling it, or chemically destroying it) you violate the natural use of sex. Pulling out is equivalent to using a condom.

8 - Is oral sex considered a kind of contraception?

For a man, yes. Well, at least if he ejaculates. It would be the same thing as “pulling out.”
http://thecatholicletter.com/birth-...s-40/100-the-catholic-birth-control-a-sex-faq

Last edited:

Own them.

I have been outspokenly critical of NAMBLA, campaigned to make sure they didn't march in the Gay Pride Parade, you can talk to Christians who don't represent your views. I am completely disgusted by NAMBLA and want nothing to do with them. They do not represent the interests of gay people.

I'm not a Muslim. Right now I don't live near any Muslims. If I did I would be happy to talk them about my concerns about Islamic extremism.

Because they're not in 'my' group Sky, I do not 'own' them, they are their own person, with their own opinions and beliefs. They're not my responsibility, my feelings, my opinions, and the words that I say are my responsibility, not someone elses. Why don't you move forward from high school and all of the group-ism bullshit and quit trying to fit people into your neat little compartments that you've made for them? People are individuals, responsible for their own actions. Why is that easy for you to understand when it's muslims, but impossible when it's christians? You would think your back would be tired from that huge chip you carry around on your shoulders everyday, it certainly must not be easy to keep it there in the face of so many facts out here chipping away at it. You have to work hard to keep it there, it must be exhausting.

Check out Feminists for Life. We know they are completely against abortion. They also refuse to promote contraception. They are 'abstinence only' proponents.

Are Catholics religious fanatics?

"To Catholics, purposely stopping the joining of an egg and sperm is thought to be a sin. Sex is meant for procreation purposes, married Catholic couples should always be open to the possibility of a pregnancy. While family planning is allowed, the use of contraceptives, both hormonal and barrier, are not. Likewise, tubal ligations and vasectomies for purposes of contraception and sterilization are not acceptable.

Referred to as fornication, having sex before marriage is considered to be a mortal sin, (mortal sin is the fast track to eternal hell. If you die with a mortal sin on your soul you go to hell) requiring one to go to confession before they are allowed to take part in Holy Communion again. However, it is not just strictly the act of having sexual intercourse that the Roman Catholic Church advises it followers against; it is any form of sexual activity.

Because engaging in sexual activity may lead to temptation and therefore sex, couples that are not married should not take part in any type of sexual relation. While couples are encouraged to get to know each other intimately, this intimacy refers to a mental and spiritual intimacy. In some instances, physical affection may be displayed through hugging, holding hands, cuddling and perhaps kissing.

Family Planning and Religion: The Roman Catholic Church's Views on Sex

So what? They can believe whatever they want, that's their right, and you have no say in it. What's the point? Are you 'exposing' them? Is that what this is about? Do you think anyone gives a damn what they believe?

Christian oral sex can't deliberately result in male climax. That would not be keeping open to fertility.

No. It isn’t.

It is a mortal sin.

Yes. When a man ejaculates, the life giving seed spews forth. If you keep this seed from following its natural course (by blocking it, spilling it, or chemically destroying it) you violate the natural use of sex. Pulling out is equivalent to using a condom.

For a man, yes. Well, at least if he ejaculates. It would be the same thing as “pulling out.”
The Catholic Birth Control & Sex FAQ

Are you judging them for how they believe?? What right do you have to judge them? You are no better than the 'christians' that you say judge you, as a matter of fact, you may be worse than them. You're the same as they are, just sitting on the other side of the fence.

Because they're not in 'my' group Sky, I do not 'own' them, they are their own person, with their own opinions and beliefs. They're not my responsibility, my feelings, my opinions, and the words that I say are my responsibility, not someone elses. Why don't you move forward from high school and all of the group-ism bullshit and quit trying to fit people into your neat little compartments that you've made for them? People are individuals, responsible for their own actions. Why is that easy for you to understand when it's muslims, but impossible when it's christians? You would think your back would be tired from that huge chip you carry around on your shoulders everyday, it certainly must not be easy to keep it there in the face of so many facts out here chipping away at it. You have to work hard to keep it there, it must be exhausting.

NAMBLA is not part of my 'group' either, but I am vocal in my opposition to them. That's one way we're different.

NAMBLA is not part of my 'group' either, but I am vocal in my opposition to them. That's one way we're different.

Good for you! You're vocal in your opposition to anything you oppose so it seems, whether it's warranted or not. You don't think some christians should be vocal in their opposition to gays, yet they are. It's the way the world works, everyone gets to have an opinion.

No. It isn’t.

It is a mortal sin.

Are you judging them for how they believe?? What right do you have to judge them? You are no better than the 'christians' that you say judge you, as a matter of fact, you may be worse than them. You're the same as they are, just sitting on the other side of the fence.

Yes. I am judging the Catholic Churches teaching on contraception. It's stupid. Most Catholics ignore it. It should be changed.

What right do I have to judge them? I was raised Catholic and I am entitled to my opinion. You don't have to like it. You're entitled to your opinion. If you want to think me worse than anyone else, so be it.

It's one thing for Catholics to be against abortion, and it's another to also be against birth control.

Good for you! You're vocal in your opposition to anything you oppose so it seems, whether it's warranted or not. You don't think some christians should be vocal in their opposition to gays, yet they are. It's the way the world works, everyone gets to have an opinion.

Being vocal in opposition to homosexuality based on biblical grounds is one thing. Disseminating false information about us is not. That is hate. It's the same tactic the Nazi's used against the Jews.

You seem to not understand the difference. I could care less if Christians oppose homos. It's when they back Ugandan legislation for killing us, and they promote propaganda that we are all diseased and pedophiles that I object. Especially when they use that propaganda to keep us from being able to civilly marry.

Of course, you have the luxury of ignoring them. I don't.

Last edited:

No. It isn’t.

It is a mortal sin.

Yes. I am judging the Catholic Churches teaching on contraception. It's stupid. Most Catholics ignore it. It should be changed.

What right do I have to judge them? I was raised Catholic and I am entitled to my opinion. You don't have to like it. You're entitled to your opinion. If you want to think me worse than anyone else, so be it.

It's one thing for Catholics to be against abortion, and it's another to also be against birth control.

Then don't be a hypocrit when others judge based on their beliefs and call them out for it, which I have seen you do time and again on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just remember those bolded words that you said the next time you don't like someone's opinions or judgments.

Being vocal in opposition to homosexuality based on biblical grounds is one thing. Disseminating false information about us is not. That is hate. It's the same tactic the Nazi's used against the Jews.

You seem to not understand the difference. I could care less if Christians oppose homos. It's when they back Ugandan legislation for killing us, and they promote propaganda that we are all diseased and pedophiles that I object. Especially when they use that propaganda to keep us from being able to civilly marry.

You've been shown time and again that an American church backing Ugandan legislation for killing gays is a lie, yet you continue to repeat it over and over again, as if that will somehow make it not a lie.

You've been shown time and again that an American church backing Ugandan legislation for killing gays is a lie, yet you continue to repeat it over and over again, as if that will somehow make it not a lie.

Bullshit. Canyon Ridge Christian Church in Las Vegas SPONSORED Martin Ssempa.

They don't call it "Sin City" for nothing. Though forget gambling, drinking, overeating at behemoth buffet lines or any of the other images you might associate with Las Vegas. Because when it comes to the Vegas-based Canyon Ridge Christian Church, there's another sin in mind: proudly supporting the people in Uganda who want to enact a law that will kill or imprison LGBT people.

Canyon Ridge has a tight relationship with Pastor Martin Ssempa, the Rev. Fred Phelps of Uganda. Except while Phelps has largely been marginalized and ostracized, Ssempa enjoys quite the bit of influence in Uganda. You can see him live and in person in various documentaries, including Missionaries of Hate and Exporting Hate, where Ssempa travels around various parts of Uganda rallying people to call for the killing of and imprisonment of LGBT people.

"Canyon Ridge Christian Church does not wish to enter into the debate over the legislation in Uganda. We do encourage those involved to seek God’s leadership in humility and grace and to follow Jesus command to love one another as they wrestle with this difficult issue. Our prayers are for the good of the people Uganda,"

the Church said. Yes, Uganda. Canyon Ridge is pleased to pray for you, but won't really lift a finger to make sure that rampant human rights violations don't occur with their blessing.

http://news.change.org/stories/the-las-vegas-church-working-to-kill-gay-people-in-uganda

http://news.change.org/stories/the-...rch-participating-in-national-hiv-testing-day

CANYON RIDGE CHANGED THEIR WEBSITE AFTER THESE STORIES ABOUT THEM.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back