Pro-choicers like abortion and wont admit it

I've come to the realization that ...
You seem to be arguing with yourself and phantoms.

Your morality is your business. I only hope it doesn't drive you to suicide.

Most people, regardless of where they stand on the legal issues of a woman and her body and her rights...find abortion distasteful.

I guess the fact that they respect a woman's right to choose grates against your world view. You need to get out more.

btw, as I am without your moral superiority, I must tell you... suicide is an option.

I am pro-life.

However, I think only those who profit from the procedure actually like it.

Most women who chose abortion do so because they believe that they have no other choice.

Most people who would not chose abortion for themselves but believe that the government has no right to make the decision for women... well, seeing as how I am for less government interference in our lives, it is hard to argue with that point of view... except that I believe that one aspect of government should be to protect human life, in fact, that should be the most important aspect of government.

I also believe that if those of us who are truly pro-life want to cut the number of abortions we have to realize that most of those who are "pro-choice" want the same thing as we do. If we want to cut the number of abortions we have to quit looking at them as the enemy and focus more on the business of abortion and how to make it less profitable and the alternatives to be more advantageous.

Immie

Talk about irony...pro-choice is supported by women who feel they have NO other choice. When in fact, they HAD the choice to NOT get pregnant if they didn't want to have a baby. They have a choice to carry the child to birth and give it up for adoption...at that point, it's just a matter of inconvenience and also the possibility of developing an attachment during the pregnancy...but I'm going mostly with the inconvenience of the process.

The ONLY time that there should be a "NO CHOICE" situation is in the instance of statutory or criminal rape or when the pregnancy presents the possiblity of the death of the mother. All other forms of "convenience" abortion should be banned.

Don't get me wrong. I completely agree with you. Most (except for in the case of rape) had a choice. They made their choice when they chose to have intercourse.

However, as I said... they feel like they don't have a choice... which theoretically at that point they don't have a choice. They had their chance and decided to risk it. Now is the time to "man" up, pun intended, and do the responsible thing.

I do not, however, believe that most people who are pro-choice are comfortable with the choice of abortion. They believe that the government has no right to make that decision for women. As I said, being one who is for less governmental involvement that is a difficult thing to argue against.

Immie

Not all of us won't. I get an abortion three times a week whether I need it or not and recommend them to all. Feels so refreshing.

It's always bullshit when people act as if they have no problem putting their personal views aside due to their respect for the rule of law. You could tell gay marriage advocates every day from now on that there's no constitutional right to it, do you think they're going to submit that there isn't? No. They'll still make up some de facto right they think justifies it. The same goes for the pro-pot-legalization crowd. When people truly believe something is right or wrong in their heart, they defend that viewpoint and wont be deterred by the vagaries of law or public opinion.

No it isn't. I hate guns and resultant gun violence, I wish no one had them. I'm a firm supporter of the 2nd amendment because far more important than my feelings about guns or even the thousands of people who are killed by them every year is the sanctity of the rule of law and governing by the Constitution. Without it, we lose our guarantee of rights and the basis of our social contract.

Similarly, I wish far less people got abortions than do, but more important than that is the protection of liberty and belief that the government does not have the right to intrude in your personal life and choices about your body. This is also why I support a repeal of the prohibition on all illicit drugs, even though I wish no one used meth, crack, heroin, etc.

For a lot of people, there are core foundational principles that supersede issue-to-issue personal preferences.

In America today, almost as many African-American children
are aborted as are born.

A black baby is three times more likely to be
murdered in the womb than a white baby.

Since 1973, abortion has reduced the black population by over 25 percent.

Twice as many African-Americans have died from abortion than have died from
AIDS, accidents, violent crimes, cancer, and heart disease combined.

Every three days, more African-Americans are killed by abortion than
have been killed by the Ku Klux Klan in its entire history.

Planned Parenthood operates the nation's largest chain of abortion clinics and
almost 80 percent of its facilities are located in minority neighborhoods.

About 13 percent of American women are black, but they
submit to over 35 percent of the abortions.

submit? They are forced to have those abortions? They just submit peacefully?

Man, you don't know any American black women do you? They make up their own minds and no one tells them what to do.

you are missing the point. The point isn't that they submit it is that planned parenthood is a racists organization and the truth about them needs to get out there. They put such a big percentage of there clinics in minority communities.

Not all of us won't. I get an abortion three times a week whether I need it or not and recommend them to all. Feels so refreshing.

It's always bullshit when people act as if they have no problem putting their personal views aside due to their respect for the rule of law. You could tell gay marriage advocates every day from now on that there's no constitutional right to it, do you think they're going to submit that there isn't? No. They'll still make up some de facto right they think justifies it. The same goes for the pro-pot-legalization crowd. When people truly believe something is right or wrong in their heart, they defend that viewpoint and wont be deterred by the vagaries of law or public opinion.

No it isn't. I hate guns and resultant gun violence, I wish no one had them. I'm a firm supporter of the 2nd amendment because far more important than my feelings about guns or even the thousands of people who are killed by them every year is the sanctity of the rule of law and governing by the Constitution. Without it, we lose our guarantee of rights and the basis of our social contract.

Similarly, I wish far less people got abortions than do, but more important than that is the protection of liberty and belief that the government does not have the right to intrude in your personal life and choices about your body. This is also why I support a repeal of the prohibition on all illicit drugs, even though I wish no one used meth, crack, heroin, etc.

For a lot of people, there are core foundational principles that supersede issue-to-issue personal preferences.

:clap2:

I find it disturbing that his logic basically boils down to 'you can't claim you have a problem with something unless you are actively trying to get it banned'.

He reminds me of ye olde British politicians who claimed you couldn't be offended at real life violence unless you were trying to ban violent movies (since they were the scapegoat at the time).

Last edited:
you are missing the point. The point isn't that they submit it is that planned parenthood is a racists organization and the truth about them needs to get out there. They put such a big percentage of there clinics in minority communities.

Oh, fuck off.

Lol very intelligent response you have there. Did you not read my reason as to why I and many other people out there believe it's a racist organization? From it's very start there has been ties to killing off black people. Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in America. 80% of their clinics are in minority communities. Blacks make up 12% of the population, but 35% of the abortions in America. Isn't that genocide? They are the only minority in America that is on the decline in population. If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant. Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated."

Appleton, December 9 -- New undercover footage from an Appleton, WI Planned Parenthood abortion clinic shows clinic staff, including the abortion doctor, lying to two young women about fetal development and encouraging the one who is pregnant to obtain an abortion because "women die having babies."

In the undercover video, when the two women ask a Planned Parenthood counselor if the pregnant woman's 10-week-old unborn child has a heartbeat, the counselor emphasizes "heart tones," and answers, "Heart beat is when the fetus is active in the uterus--can survive--which is about seventeen or eighteen weeks." On the contrary, embryologists agree that the heartbeat begins around 3 weeks. Wisconsin informed consent law requires that women receive medically accurate information before undergoing an abortion.

The counselor then says, "A fetus is what's in the uterus right now. That is not a baby." Dr. Prohaska, the abortion doctor, insists, "It's not a baby at this stage or anything like that." Prohaska also states that having an abortion will be "much safer than having a baby," warning, "You know, women die having babies."

The video comes one month after the widely reported resignation of Planned Parenthood clinic director Abby Johnson. Johnson left her leadership position at Planned Parenthood in Bryan, TX after watching a 13-week old fetus being aborted in her clinic on ultrasound. She said during a recent interview, "Planned Parenthood really tries to instill in their employees and the women that are coming in for abortions that this is not a baby." In another interview, she noted, "They don't want to talk about when your baby has a heartbeat," because "they don't want to give the woman information that could give her a connection with her baby."

The investigation is organized by Live Action, a nonprofit student group. Lila Rose, the 21-year-old UCLA student and Live Action president, says medical lies and manipulative counseling are routine at Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion chain.

"They will do or say anything in order to sell more abortions to more women, whether it is covering up sexual abuse or lying to women about medical facts," says Rose. "Our team has visited dozens of Planned Parenthood clinics undercover. Planned Parenthood, while claiming to support patient self-determination, operates with an 'abortion-first mentality.'"

The video is the first in Live Action's "Rosa Acuna Project," a multi-state undercover audit documenting Planned Parenthood's abortion counseling. Planned Parenthood has come under fire recently after Live Action's investigations found them willing to conceal sexual abuse and accept donations targeted to abort African-Americans only. Videos of abuse cover-up prompted state investigations of Planned Parenthood and diversion of the abortion giant's public subsidies.

"Planned Parenthood is a billion-dollar organization with nearly $350 million of government funding, and stands to gain hundreds of millions more from national health care," says Rose. "Do we really want to subsidize an organization that gives women in need atrocious misinformation and predatory abortion practices?"

Abortion and the Black Community

"Several years ago, when 17,000 aborted babies were found in a dumpster outside a pathology laboratory in Los, Angeles, California, some 12-15,000 were observed to be black."

--Erma Clardy Craven (deceased)
Social Worker and Civil Rights Leader

Happy Birthday

Countdown to Extinction

Minority women constitute only about 13% of the female population (age 15-44) in the United States, but they underwent approximately 36% of the abortions.

According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, black women are more than 5 times as likely as white women to have an abortion

On average, 1,876 black babies are aborted every day in the United States.

This incidence of abortion has resulted in a tremendous loss of life. It has been estimated that since 1973 Black women have had about 16 million abortions. Michael Novak had calculated "Since the number of current living Blacks (in the U.S.) is 36 million, the missing 16 million represents an enormous loss, for without abortion, America's Black community would now number 52 million persons. It would be 36 percent larger than it is. Abortion has swept through the Black community like a scythe, cutting down every fourth member."

A highly significant 1993 Howard University study showed that African American women over age 50 were 4.7 times more likely to get breast cancer if they had had any abortions compared to women who had not had any abortions.

People are much more likely to get abortions if they can't afford to raise children. People are much more likely to get abortions if the father is not willing to support and raise the child with them.

African-Americans are much more likely to be lower class and living in poverty. African-American women are much more likely to have to raise their children by themselves.

What it true is that poor people get more abortions than middle class and wealthy people as a percentage of the population. Poor people are more likely to be African-American than any other race, making up a quarter of people below the poverty line in this country.

It's not a coincidence that poverty is institutionalized and disproportionately effects racial minorities, but that is why they get a disproportionate amount of abortions -- not because there's a conspiracy to kill off the black race.

☭proletarian☭;1890249 said:
I've yet to encounter a woman who had an abortion and could be honest with herself and others about what she'd done.

you have a very shallow pool of ppl to chose from tehn

I think Anti choice people should admitt their real agenda which is to make women third class citizens behind men and children.

Behind ?.. Men and Children don't have the right to choose to kill their unborn..you belive what a bunch of bitter..pro-homosexual..anti-family lesbian feminist programmed you to belive..

is this post a joke?

I've come to the realization that a lot of people who call themselves pro-choice actually are people who don't have any moral objections to abortion. This isn't a profound point -- I think most people could infer as much -- but it plays into the rhetoric they use.

The common refrain from pro-choicers goes something like this: "I'm personally against abortion, but I respect a woman's right to choice." Perfectly middle-of-the-road, inoffensive to everyone. But when you think about it, it really doesn't make any sense.

First of all, people should understand something: when you give your opinion about abortion in an informal setting, you're not obligated to be even-handed in that way. You can speak on your personal beliefs with relative impunity, and it's really nobody's business that your opinion isn't as yielding as they feel it should be. I think abortion is wrong. I don't care if you believe it's okay. I'm not running for office and the fate of abortion rights isn't hinged on my endorsement. So fuck off. I can say what I want to say. So can you.

HOWEVER, it's important to note that opinion does not accurately portray the current state of abortion politics. There's a federal court case protecting the "right" to abortion. There are two ways to undo that precedence and make abortion something that's totally banned in some states. One is for the Supreme Court to overturn that decision. The other is for Congress to pass a constitutional amendment banning the practice. Notice neither one of those options involves a public vote. So your PC political opinion of what you think of people's rights is nebulous considering there's little chance you'll be apart of upholding or doing away with it.

I never hear pro-choicers speak on the improprieties of abortion. Sure, they'll pay lip service and say stuff like "well, we need better sex education" (which is a total red herring if I've ever heard one) and give other answers that sound like they care, but they don't. If you want abortions to actually diminish, you have to start by having an admitted intolerance of it. You can't dilute it with saying you approve of the right to have one if you actually want it to go away. Either you want it to go away, and thus your attitude reflects that, or you don't (or don't care) and your attitude will reflect that, too.

Pro-choicers just want to play both sides: they don't want to come off as being anti-choice because that's non-PC and abortion advocates have made that about as bad as being a white supremacist, but they also don't want to come off as pro-abortion, because they don't want to seem like they hate children. So they straddle the fence and hope no one notices.

So I think pro-choice advocates need to come clean about the fact that they have no problem with abortion as a procedure, and all that comes with it. You're not a humanitarian when you support a woman's right to kill her unborn child out of convenience. You're not pro-choice when you never mention how horrible of a procedure you think abortion is, but spend most of your time defending it, diminishing the existence of a fetus, and attacking those who hate the procedure for being anti-woman misogynists; you're pro-abortion.

Yeah Hi, It is a shame that we talk of killing babies because each has a spark of God from the moment of conception. Maybe we have so little to do that our minds are idle and there is a need for us to talk about other people we don't even know. Maybe. All babies are gifts from God and deserve a chance at life. It is OK if the mother doesn't want the baby. There are many others who can't have one and would be happy to get one. So, there is too much fear of consequences and we make bad choices. Abortion is the worst thing a person can do but, when the earth is perfected we all will be too. Until that time we will err in many ways.

It is only the most uneducated among us who will rant on about what others should for six paragraphs while omitting any criticisms of themselves. Does any idea of truth declare that we may judge others in this way? Is this righteousness in action?

The answer is compassion for all three persons involved in the unwanted baby situation. This is an area of human experience which will never be legislated and certainly the US Constitution is the wrong place for such issues. How can a girl follow her conscience if she is fearful? When we all stop with our bitching maybe the poor girl's fear will go away and she can think and make a good decision free from judgment by those who are OH so advanced.

Religion is wrong when it rants about sin. This does nothing to console the poor person who is in trouble. Where is our compassion in being mean spirited? A baby is not necessarily the result of promiscuous behavior and even if it were? Who is qualified to punish? Indeed who is qualified to determine guilt of any sort?

The loser who wrote the topic post should spend less time peeking in the windows of his neighbors and more time looking in his mirror. I'd like to take him or her hunting out the other side of Small mountain near a lake I know in the spring time when the bears are out and hungry.

If I could I would take all the unwanted babies of the world up here to the wilds of Alaska where we learn the important things in life. I would make of them a great nation of strong, independent citizens of the world. When you need to go look for food knowing there is a chance to meet a bear who will eat you things seem somehow different. This is no joke friends in the lower states. A big bear will eat you if he/she can and they can run much faster than a man, swim faster and climb faster. Before they eat you they tear your face off to make sure you are dead. A man who was unwanted at birth, with a 75cal buck 'n ball, in front of 120 grains of power, smooth bore and a pouch of fire brands is of more value in this moment than all the pontificating pussys in the world.

I've had my say. God bless kids where ever they are and God damn the bastards who try to force their views on everyone else.

TT

Behind ?.. Men and Children don't have the right to choose to kill their unborn..you belive what a bunch of bitter..pro-homosexual..anti-family lesbian feminist programmed you to belive..

is this post a joke?

No its a fact

1) children don't have babies
2) pro-choice isn't anti-family, pro-life is, how exactly do you get a functioning family when neither or one of the parents didn't want the kid and won't his/her entire life
3) why do lesbians care? unless they are raped, they can only get preg by going to a dr and having it done so that point seems a bit of a stretch
4) lol @ feminist

you really made a stupid post

You know most of those quotes from Ms. Sanger only serve as guilt by association right?

Also it's really funny that Planned Parenthood today only contains stuff from 1986. You honestly think they couldn't have changed in over 23 years?

Last edited:
"Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in America. 78% of their clinics are in minority communities. Blacks make up 12% of the population, but 35% of the abortions in America. Are they being targeted? Isn't that genocide? We are the only minority in America that is on the decline in population. If the current trend continues, by 2038 the black vote will be insignificant. Did you know that the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was a devout racist who created the Negro Project designed to sterilize unknowing black women and others she deemed as undesirables of society? The founder of Planned Parenthood said, "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." You can't deny how evil organizations like planned parenthood is. The largest abortion clinic in the United States is set to open in Houston, Texas, this April.

Planned Parenthood will renovate a former Houston bank into a 78,000 square foot facility.

Pro-life advocates are calling it an abortion super center and planning a protest next week.

The building will include a surgical wing equipped to provide late-term abortions.

Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life advocate, says the new clinic will target minorities.

"It's a neighborhood where 85 percent of the population is minority," she said. "That is very intentional by Planned Parenthood."

"Seventy-six percent of Planned Parenthood clinics are built in minority neighborhoods," Johnson continued. "[It's] very intentional and that just goes back to the roots of the organization." I guess something never change. Honestly this in my opinion has been and will always be the mai focous of abortions

soooo, the black girl who aborts is not doing so because she is not ready to be a mother and she does not want to go on welfare or live in poverty the rest of her life, but doing so because ''whitey'' doesn't want her to have kids?

in case you didn't know...the clinics are in poor areas because the rich girl can just go to her own gyno and have one done in his office and doesn't need planned parenthood to help pay for it or line her up with a doctor.

Forum List

Back