Pro-choicers know it's a baby, that's not the point...

Why, though, when the baby has a beating heart and unique DNA?
Because the mother is a person with memories, social ties, etc etc. To say she should have no choice is more absurd.So a choice must be made about her choice. Pretty easy call for me.

I don't dismiss all of your points. I just say that you seem to have thought it out for yourself, and that's how it should stay. While I am personally against abortion, I don't feel it is my choice to make for anyone else.

People with dementia don't have memories. People with sociopathy or, perhaps, severe personality disorders don't have social ties. Does that make their death an "easy call" if it's convenient for someone else? Say, their caregivers? I'm just asking, based on what you said.

And it's not based on what my opinion is. It's the death of a human in the stage of development, just as a very old person with dementia. That's not, meh, well, you've thought it out, good for you. That's societal.

That IS human rights, actually.

Unless you’re a woman, it’s none of your business.

Hey you know that six inches of birth canal is some real magic ain't it? On the north side, it's entirely the mother's, and according to the heinous Democrats, you can waltz right into an abortion clinic up to the day before delivery and abort that baby. No harm, no foul, not the guy's issue. "None of his business". However, a few days later, and it sure enough is his business, and his WALLET'S business, for the next 18 years.

Don't try to figure this out. It makes absolutely no sense.
That’s a blatant lie.

Do point out the part that's the "blatant lie". Which part, specifically?

Are you of the misinformed opinion that you cannot obtain an abortion right up next to birth in the US? Oh, you can. You most certainly can. Not in many places, and it's not easy. But it's certainly legal, thanks to Democrats. You best believe it is.

Why, though, when the baby has a beating heart and unique DNA?
Because the mother is a person with memories, social ties, etc etc. To say she should have no choice is more absurd.So a choice must be made about her choice. Pretty easy call for me.

I don't dismiss all of your points. I just say that you seem to have thought it out for yourself, and that's how it should stay. While I am personally against abortion, I don't feel it is my choice to make for anyone else.

People with dementia don't have memories. People with sociopathy or, perhaps, severe personality disorders don't have social ties. Does that make their death an "easy call" if it's convenient for someone else? Say, their caregivers? I'm just asking, based on what you said.

And it's not based on what my opinion is. It's the death of a human in the stage of development, just as a very old person with dementia. That's not, meh, well, you've thought it out, good for you. That's societal.

That IS human rights, actually.
But in the case of a person with dementia, that person is not inside the body of another. So that has zero affect on my belief or choices, in the case of abortion. I am perfectly content to be against abortion, for myself, while allowing others to make this choice for themselves.

Of course, while one may make the claim that the world is not rational, that doesn't mean many rational people do not exist. And to use this as an excuse to be irrational is pretty lame.

“Rational” people may choose to accept or ignore anything they choose to. I have no control over that.

Of course, while one may make the claim that the world is not rational, that doesn't mean many rational people do not exist. And to use this as an excuse to be irrational is pretty lame.

“Rational” people may choose to accept or ignore anything they choose to. I have no control over that.
Of course you do, by presenting compelling evidence and argument. What an absurd thing to say.

Of course you do, by presenting compelling evidence and argument. What an absurd thing to say.

How am I going to prove anything to a Rational person when I don’t believe in Rationality to begin with. That would be like asking me to teach you to speak French when I only speak a couple dozen words of the language myself.

How am I going to prove anything to a Rational person when I don’t believe in Rationality to begin with.
That's nonsensical. Now you are saying no rational people exist? Or are you saying rationality as a concept does not exist? Both claims are absurd and represent a lame excuse for your own inability to present any compelling evidence or argument. If making excuses is what you desire, then you should make the correct excuse, which is that compelling evidence or argument for the truth of your claims simply does not exist.

A total fabricated lie based on troll tactics. Prove that abortions are only obtained and performed by Democrats.

I've known two women who have had abortions.

Both were republicans and one of them was a Bible thumping type.

Yup. Church Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night, family camp and revival. Abortion at nineteen, baby two months before I turned twenty-three.

Married three days before my thirty-seventh birthday.

Here’s just a tiny piece of the puzzle for most of the ding dong’s who don’t know how life in general works. I was molested when I was eleven years old. I did not find out until I was 25 or so that one of the earmarks of being a survivor is promiscuity.

On another note, due to poor education, I was under the impression after the abortion that I couldn’t get pregnant again, that I had been rendered sterile. Turns out that I just had a tilted uterus, and apparently somebody’s little swimmers were willing to go uphill to get the deed done.

Look at me, all willingly sharing and shit. I don’t honestly expect to get through to any of you. But maybe there’s a lurker or two that will actually recognize reasoned thought when they see it.

This is your experience. If it's true--and I have no reason to believe it's not--it can't be argued with. It's not like "reasoned thought", and I don't mean that to be demeaning. It's your experience. You lived it.

I'm sorry you were molested, that's horrid and a deep and evil sin--not on your part. You didn't do anything to deserve that. It's ghastly. I'm sorry that happened to you.

I don't know what you mean about "expect to get through to any of you". You got through to me. You didn't change my mind on abortion though but, here's the important thing, I'm not here to judge what you did when you were younger and reeling. I can see that what happened what a consequence of a cascade of bad stuff--I get that. That's the world we live in--for now.

That's nonsensical. Now you are saying no rational people exist? Or are you saying rationality as a concept does not exist? Both claims are absurd and represent a lame excuse for your own inability to present any compelling evidence or argument.

I look at Rationality and Faith as two different languages, with only minimal commonality as they have totally different roots. I speak the language of Faith. You prefer Rationality. What classified as evidence to me in the language of Faith will not be accepted or understood by you any more than your “Rational” evidence will be accepted by me.

We will never agree and in fact will rarely ever be able to have a real conversation because we don’t really speak the same kangusge.

That's nonsensical. Now you are saying no rational people exist? Or are you saying rationality as a concept does not exist? Both claims are absurd and represent a lame excuse for your own inability to present any compelling evidence or argument.

I look at Rationality and Faith as two different languages, with only minimal commonality as they have totally different roots. I speak the language of Faith. You prefer Rationality. What classified as evidence to me in the language of Faith will not be accepted or understood by you any more than your “Rational” evidence will be accepted by me.

We will never agree and in fact will rarely ever be able to have a real conversation because we don’t really speak the same kangusge.
Many people of faith are also rational. And many people of faith reject your beliefs. To think you jave given someone knowledge but I dictating a faith vbased belief is pretty arrogant. But I guess that is what faith does to the human brain,: you believe you are in possession of absolute truth, and you are released from any responsibility to support your beliefs with reason or evidence.

Many people of faith are also rational. And many people of faith reject your beliefs. To think you jave given someone knowledge but I dictating a faith vbased belief is pretty arrogant. But I guess that is what faith does to the human brain,: you believe you are in possession of absolute truth, and you are released from any responsibility to support your beliefs with reason or evidence.

Then they are not truly people of Faith. There are many Faiths, but only one, if any, be proven True. If it’s not mine, then I will accept the consequences.

I am not in possession of absolute truth, only enough of it to believe I know a better way to live now then I did in my younger years. I answer to a higher power, not any of this Earth. The only evidence I need is my personal life experiences and what they have taught me..

Well that is the height of arrogance. People that do not share your exact faith are not people of faith? You certainly have rigged the game for yourself.

There are many people of Faith who do not share my views. However, people who require fact and evidence to support their Faith do not truly have Faith. If they did they would not need physical evidence.

However, people who require fact and evidence to support their Faith do not truly have Faith.
I don't disagree. But it would be the height of arrogance to insist that merely making a claim is to pass knowledge to another. Again, this how faith poisons humanity.

I don't disagree. But it would be the height of arrogance to insist that merely making a claim is to pass knowledge to another. Again, this how faith poisons humanity.

You call it poison I call it medicine. Neither of us will change the other’s mind. That’s why I don’t engage in debate, only discussion. I’m not here to change your mind but I also know you will never change mine.

You call it poison I call it medicine. Neither of us will change the other’s mind. That’s why I don’t engage in debate, only discussion. I’m not here to change your mind but I also know you will never change mine.
I'm not trying to change your mind. I am demonstrating that you are offbase to believe you jave given anyone knowledge to reiterate your magical beliefs. I am also trying to help you understand why your personal, unsupported, magical beliefs do not deserve to be codified into law.

I'm not trying to change your mind. I am demonstrating that you are offbase to believe you jave given anyone knowledge to reiterate your magical beliefs. I am also trying to help you understand why your personal, unsupported, magical beliefs do not deserve to be codified into law.

I have given them information. If they choose to ignore it, that’s their issue, not mine.

You’re never going to make me “understand” anything, so don’t waste your time on that.

I have given them information. If they choose to ignore it, that’s their issue, not mine.
Wrong. That is your issue, for not having any good evidence or argument. You should harbor no expectation that anyone should believe your extraordinary claims. When a person claims his houseplants talk to him, the fact that people don't believe these claims is his fault, and nobody else's.

Forum List

Back