Pro-Choice or Pro-Forced Pregnancy?

Pro-Choice or Pro-Forced Pregnancy?

• Total voters
I'm sorry, but I just don't see enough lash-back coming from the Right when these things happen. You're an exception to the rule if anything.

Perhaps the majority of us exceptions tend not to be in the news. We're just average people, living average lives. We ponder and pontificate in the small puddles of society, helping where we can. ;)

Hahaha...I know, not even you, believes that.

LOL!!
:lol:

"Believes" that?

Pro-Choice. But I do not chastize those who are pro-life. I personally believe the govt. should let the choice be left between a woman and her doctor. Her body, her choice. However, I understand the passion of the other side of the debate, and I refuse to chastize those that carry the point of view that by outlawing Abortion, they'd be saving lives.

I do, however, chastize the morons that go stand outside of Abortion clinics with those signs, yelling at women already making a terribly difficult decision.. Telling the they're murderers. Those people should die and go to hell.

Here's the thing about that though. Those SOBs represent the rest of the Far RW couchpotatoes who either are too lazy or don't have the balls to get the signs and do that themselves. However, they silently and not-so-silently cheer them on heartily from their coaches.

Not true. I know many pro-life Democrats, as well as Republicans, who think we simply need to work together to reduce abortions, not eliminate. That would change nothing. I'm not totally opposed to that, either.

Do I think women should have every option? Yes. I know a woman who was pregnant and the baby would have had very serious issues, and would've very likely died upon delivery, had she carried to term.

So it's better to kill them before they are born?

That, paired with many, many things, are reasons that abortion is a valid option for women. I don't think for any reason that the government should be able to tell a woman what to do with her uterus.

They don't, they tell them not to kill anyone, born or not born, at least they should.

However, I fully support a woman being able to use any option available. And I think adoption, etc.. should also be promoted as an option. In the end, it's the woman and her doctor's decision. Not mine, yours, or the governments.

The government decides that murder is a crime, don't they? Isn't killing a baby murder?

However, defunding PP isn't going to lead to fewer abortions, it will lead to more. Simply put, when you give people birth control and condoms, it prevents babies, which prevents abortions. But some people can't think about complicated things like that.. :eusa_eh:.

Some people want to have all the babies they can squirt out just for the welfare money.

Not true. I know many pro-life Democrats, as well as Republicans, who think we simply need to work together to reduce abortions, not eliminate. That would change nothing. I'm not totally opposed to that, either.

Do I think women should have every option? Yes. I know a woman who was pregnant and the baby would have had very serious issues, and would've very likely died upon delivery, had she carried to term. That, paired with many, many things, are reasons that abortion is a valid option for women. I don't think for any reason that the government should be able to tell a woman what to do with her uterus. However, I fully support a woman being able to use any option available. And I think adoption, etc.. should also be promoted as an option. In the end, it's the woman and her doctor's decision. Not mine, yours, or the governments.

However, defunding PP isn't going to lead to fewer abortions, it will lead to more. Simply put, when you give people birth control and condoms, it prevents babies, which prevents abortions. But some people can't think about complicated things like that.. :eusa_eh:.

(Just throwing the last bit in there ;))

The government shouldn't have any say in a woman's uterus.

It's ok for government to fund PP, thus paying for abortions.

Which is it? Either the government is in or the government is out.

By giving PP funding, they are insuring low-income women get contreceptives, that they'd otherwise not get. Do they force them to have an abortion? No, it's a choice. Hence the title, "pro-choice".

But, but, but the government should stay out of the womb. Right?

Does anyone force them to have sex? No, it's a choice.

The bottom line is that in a non-agrarian world, a women needs to have control over how many babies she supports. To spout off some nonsense that we are all to ignore our genetically programmed instincts for companionship, love and the continuation of the race is as ridiculous as requiring the castration of every male that conceives an unwanted child.

Want to eliminate abortion? Support research that offers better control over conception.

And just in case anyone wants a reality check, the pregnancy and abortion rate have both declined rather dramatically. In 1982 at it's peak, abortion ended 30% of pregnancies, which has been reduced to 13% in 2007. Link

Want to eliminate abortion? Support research that offers better control over conception.

Bullshit.

1/3 of abortion customers are repeat business

It is possible to be 99% effective when it comes to pregnancy prevention

93 percent of abortions are done as birth control out of convenience

The bottom line is that in a non-agrarian world, a women needs to have control over how many babies she supports. To spout off some nonsense that we are all to ignore our genetically programmed instincts for companionship, love and the continuation of the race is as ridiculous as requiring the castration of every male that conceives an unwanted child.

And just in case anyone wants a reality check, the pregnancy and abortion rate have both declined rather dramatically. In 1982 at it's peak, abortion ended 30% of pregnancies, which has been reduced to 13% in 2007. Link

and support education in the use of contraception.

but for the pro-birthers it's about punishment of the harlots. it's the modern day version of the scarlet A. you don't hear them talking about the man who also chose to have sex. you see them talking about the woman and how she "chose" to have sex (as if that choice was made alone.

and notice that most anti-choice activists are men who have never been able to tolerate women having control over their own bodies (read: independence), it's been that way since the 60's when the first birth control pill hit the market.

Last edited:
Do blacks have rights or not? Why can't you answer the question?

If there a test we can use to determine who has rights and who doesn't?

Let me guess: they have to be male, nordic, landed gentry...?

That one's easy. The airbreathers have rights.

The non-airbreathers, not so much.
So when granny's on a ventilator?

What about a kid holding his breath?

Someone with sleep apnea?

What if I'm breathing a liquid as I bring up a ship that sank?

see: liquid breathing

Granny is still breathing air, correct?

A kid holding his breath is not acquiring his oxygen supply from the lungs of another, correct?

Persons suffering sleep apnea are still airbreathers, correct?

Has the salvage team only used liquids since they came into existence and are they tethered to another in order to receive their oxygen?

but for the pro-birthers it's about punishment of the harlots. it's the modern day version of the scarlet A. you don't hear them talking about the man who also chose to have sex.

Really? Nobody who opposes abortion as birth control supports making men responsible for their children?

Let's take a poll

It's actually the adherents of abortionism who don't believe in male responsibility. After all, if it's her body and her choice, then it logically follows that it's her responsibility.

Bullshit.

Assessing the Need
Contraceptive use drastically reduces the chances of unintended pregnancy. Over the course of a year, only 8% of women using the pill will become pregnant, compared with 85% of sexually active women not using contraceptives. This fact alone helps explain why the 7% of U.S. women at risk of unintended pregnancy who do not practice contraception account for almost half of the country's unintended pregnancies.

The 99% figure is guesswork based on perfect use. Even tubal ligation has a .5% failure rate. Unintended pregnancy is heavily concentrated in the lower end of the income scale due to the cost of contraceptives and other factors.

How much do you think the abortion rate would drop if we had an effective form of contraception for males beyond condoms and vasectomy? Why isn't this pursued more?

Do you consider a pregnancy a mere inconvenience? You wouldn't consider that a life-altering event with repercussions that will have a long-term affect on the woman and the children she may already be supporting?

60% of abortions are obtained by women that already have one child.

57% of abortions are obtained by women that are 20 - 29.

42% of abortions are obtained by women that make less than 10,000 a year.

That's convenience like self-amputation is the convenient way to free yourself from a boulder in a canyon.

and support education in the use of contraception.

but for the pro-birthers it's about punishment of the harlots. it's the modern day version of the scarlet A. you don't hear them talking about the man who also chose to have sex. you see them talking about the woman and how she "chose" to have sex (as if that choice was made alone.

and notice that most anti-choice activists are men who have never been able to tolerate women having control over their own bodies (read: independence), it's been that way since the 60's when the first birth control pill hit the market.

This statement ^ should be bronzed and put on the front of every government building in the USA.

Bullshit.

Assessing the Need
Contraceptive use drastically reduces the chances of unintended pregnancy. Over the course of a year, only 8% of women using the pill will become pregnant, compared with 85% of sexually active women not using contraceptives. This fact alone helps explain why the 7% of U.S. women at risk of unintended pregnancy who do not practice contraception account for almost half of the country's unintended pregnancies.

The 99% figure is guesswork based on perfect use. Even tubal ligation has a .5% failure rate. Unintended pregnancy is heavily concentrated in the lower end of the income scale due to the cost of contraceptives and other factors.

How much do you think the abortion rate would drop if we had an effective form of contraception for males beyond condoms and vasectomy? Why isn't this pursued more?

Do you consider a pregnancy a mere inconvenience? You wouldn't consider that a life-altering event with repercussions that will have a long-term affect on the woman and the children she may already be supporting?

60% of abortions are obtained by women that already have one child.

57% of abortions are obtained by women that are 20 - 29.

42% of abortions are obtained by women that make less than 10,000 a year.

That's convenience like self-amputation is the convenient way to free yourself from a boulder in a canyon.

Maybe men should keep their dick in their pants.

Maybe men should keep their dick in their pants.

If you are going to address these issues, that would be the place to start.

Desmond Hatchett, a 29 year old who lives in Knoxville, Tennessee, has fathered 20 (maybe 21) children with at least 11 different mothers. The kids, who are between 11 months and 11 years old, require food, clothing, etc. which doesn't come cheap. That's a problem for their minimum-wage earning father.
"I had four kids in the same year. Twice." Hatchett says.

I wonder how many abortions he is responsible for?

[quot

Male birth control pill soon a reality - Health - Sexual health - Men's Sexual Health Guide - msnbc.com

Besides, I thought was her body? That makes it her responsibility.

93% of abortions are for convenience

save your sob stories

one-third are repeat business

that's no lack of education- that's a decision to not take precaustions

you made the decision, it's time to own it.

After all, the same neofeminists who scream about wanting to kill their unborn are always the first to demand child support

99.9% of pregnancies are not "forced". When the welfare queen laid down, and Lil Thug blew one in her, they chose to take the chance.

[quot

Male birth control pill soon a reality - Health - Sexual health - Men's Sexual Health Guide - msnbc.com

Besides, I thought was her body? That makes it her responsibility.

93% of abortions are for convenience

save your sob stories

one-third are repeat business

that's no lack of education- that's a decision to not take precaustions

you made the decision, it's time to own it.

After all, the same neofeminists who scream about wanting to kill their unborn are always the first to demand child support

Make up your mind. If it is the womans' body and sole responsibility then she has absolute authority, no?

What sob stories? The cold brutal truth is that economics always come into play. That it is monetarily cheaper to have an occasional abortion than it is to purchase contraception over the course of the reproductive years.

Have you ever had a chance to interview women that have had abortions? Tested their educational level on contraceptives?

What other decisions do people need to own? If you decide to drive in the rain and have an accident, should you just own your injuries and eschew medical intervention?

When a terrorist kills should you own your governments meddling in his affairs?

But will men take it? Some say yes, some say only if their partners make them, and other say they would never even consider it.

So are you willing to condemn all the men that failed to use birth control in the abortion debate?

Forum List

Back