Pro-abortionists furious at Tim Tebow ad

Discussion in 'Media' started by theHawk, Jan 26, 2010.

1. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,807
    Amazing how so called "women's groups" would be so upset about the story of a woman ignoring a doctor's recommendation to get an abortion.

CBS urged to scrap anti-abortion Super Bowl ad featuring Tebow - SI.com - 2008 NFL Super Bowl

2. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,718
    I think it will be wonderful...Will they also talk about Focus on the Family's suggestions on how to raise a non-gay boy? That's a favorite of mine.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    They almost always turn down a PETA ad during the Superbowl each year too...so what's the big deal? They are smart enough to know that while American's are stuffing their faces full of pizza, buffalo wings, and potato chips and cheering for their team...they don't want to think about crazy vegetarians or whether or not they support abortion. Sounds reasonable to me. Bring on the Clydesdales selling beer! :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  4. theHawk

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,807
    Yea, how dare anyone get an important message out during the highest rated hours of the year, especially if it can save lives.

5. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    In an alternate universe, the person who found a cure for cancer wasn't aborted. Good thing the mother didn't follow the doctor's recommendation.

6. HistoricalTruth

HistoricalTruth History has the last word

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Do these types of ads run during American Idol? Survivor? Any of the Bread and Circus reality shows?

This is a serious question as I watch none of them. I find reality TV to be a big part of the decline of this country. And I am willing to bet, that while people are distracted with other peoples need for attention the commercials are less than educational.

7. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    If CBS doesn't want to run it, it doesn't have to...despite whether I feel or you feel that the message is an important one.

CBS is making a choice - that political ads that might piss off their viewers don't have a place being run during the SuperBowl. That's their choice - they've demonstrated that they hold that view whether the ad is from a liberal or conservative viewpoint. They are being consistent - which I appreciate.

Do I think the world would come to an end if football fans found out that doctors wanted one of the player's mom's to abort him but she chose life? No, I think thats rather cool actually. But it wasn't my choice...it was CBS's.

8. CurveLight

CurveLight BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    So CBS rejected a pro same sex marriage ad but are putting out an anti-abortion ad by a ridiculously hate filled socially conservative hack whack group. Thanks for showing once again the "Liberal" media theory is utter bullshit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. theHawk

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,807
    They are liberal, but even libs are terrified of pissing off conservative America. No one ever accused liberals of standing by their principles, espcially if they can make a quick buck.

10. theHawk

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,807
    As far as I know CBS is planning to air it. You're right, it is their choice to air it or not, that's really not the issue here.

But what I find strange about this story is that pro-"choice" women would be upset by this commercial. What's wrong with promoting the choice of letting the baby live? Guess they're not really pro-choice, they're just pro-abortion.