Steelers Legend Franco Harris Dies at 72

Steelers Legend Franco Harris Dies at 72;

Hall of Famer Won Super Bowl 4 Times

21 Dec 2022 ~~ By Tyler Conway

Hall of Fame running back Franco Harris died Wednesday, just three days before the Pittsburgh Steelers were set to retire his No. 32 at a ceremony Saturday night.
He was 72.
Dok Harris, Franco's son, confirmed his father's death to Will Graves of The Associated Press. No cause of death has been reported.

Commentary:

Watching this play still gives me goosebumps. RIP to Franco Harris, the man who gave us this indelible moment in NFL history.
My condolences to the Harris family.
Franco Harris came from a different era of Football.
Some of us are old enough to remember a different NFL: images of muddy, bloodied players, taped up broken fingers, taped, wrapped shoes, forearm pads used as clubs, missing front teeth. Underpaid. Used up, then discarded. Sad really. But they didn’t disrespect the flag or take a knee.
Unlike many of today's players who don't grasp the concept that if professional sports disappeared tomorrow...life for the rest of us would go on just fine.

Love him. Genuine and funny guy and his wife is lovely. My best to his family. Flying outa Pittsburg soon… gonna leave a tribute. Will upload a pic

People die when they are old
Bet he died from an ‘aneurysm’, heart attack, or stroke. Bet he was feeling great until that happened. People die when they’re old and sick, but that didn’t mean a damn when you idiots were losing your minds over a flu. So you can shove it up your ass. :dunno:

Steelers Legend Franco Harris Dies at 72;

Hall of Famer Won Super Bowl 4 Times

21 Dec 2022 ~~ By Tyler Conway

Hall of Fame running back Franco Harris died Wednesday, just three days before the Pittsburgh Steelers were set to retire his No. 32 at a ceremony Saturday night.
He was 72.
Dok Harris, Franco's son, confirmed his father's death to Will Graves of The Associated Press. No cause of death has been reported.

Commentary:

Watching this play still gives me goosebumps. RIP to Franco Harris, the man who gave us this indelible moment in NFL history.
My condolences to the Harris family.
Franco Harris came from a different era of Football.
Some of us are old enough to remember a different NFL: images of muddy, bloodied players, taped up broken fingers, taped, wrapped shoes, forearm pads used as clubs, missing front teeth. Underpaid. Used up, then discarded. Sad really. But they didn’t disrespect the flag or take a knee.
Unlike many of today's players who don't grasp the concept that if professional sports disappeared tomorrow...life for the rest of us would go on just fine.

Yep. Franco was an AMERICAN.

Bet he died from an ‘aneurysm’, heart attack, or stroke. Bet he was feeling great until that happened. People die when they’re old and sick, but that didn’t mean a damn when you idiots were losing your minds over a flu. So you can shove it up your ass. :dunno:
So?

After 72 years living and a career in pro football, you think he was perfectly healthy?

Forum List

Back