Pro-abortionists furious at Tim Tebow ad

So CBS rejected a pro same sex marriage ad but are putting out an anti-abortion ad by a ridiculously hate filled socially conservative hack whack group. Thanks for showing once again the "Liberal" media theory is utter bullshit.

They are liberal, but even libs are terrified of pissing off conservative America. No one ever accused liberals of standing by their principles, espcially if they can make a quick buck.

That is what is so endearing......even when people cite evidence that contradicts their claim they ignore it and just keep on repeating until bedtime. There is no more Conservatism in the US. Religious extremists who want to use the government to enforce their theology onto others has more in common with Saudi Arabia than America. My only hope is the Christian Right and Neocons will get the hell out of my Party and stop pretending to be Conservative. We already have one "C" word and those camps are trying to force it into two.

There is no discussion about government involvement in this thread or story. :cuckoo:

So, tell us...are you using their advice on how to raise straight sons?

My children are already grown and all five of them are straight all done without anyone's advice.

...as far as you know....

I know very well. My children and I are very close. All of them are happily married with the exception of my youngest son, he's a sophmore in college has a beautiful girlfriend that he met when he was in high school and they plan on getting married when they're done with school.

Maybe they are, but thats still rhetorical nonsense, about the same as calling someone to supports the death penalty Pro-Murder.

Then maybe you can explain why "pro-choice" groups have such a big problem with groups promoting the idea of choosing life over death for the child?

I suggest you learn why the protest letter was sent. It wasn't against the ad being anti-abortion:

"By offering one of the most coveted advertising spots of the year to an anti-equality, anti-choice, homophobic organization, CBS is aligning itself with a political stance that will damage its reputation, alienate viewers, and discourage consumers from supporting its shows and advertisers," the letter said.

Frankly, I think it's a stupid letter and it's dumb to feed into the persecution complex of the Christian Right. I would protest the ad on the basis it's completely fucking dumb to spend $2.5 MILLION DOLLARS for a 30 second spot by a group that shits all over the name of Jesus to justify its hatred of others. I'm guessing Jesus would rather see that money care for some kids. How many kids could helped be fed, housed, and receive medicine for $2.5 million? That is what I would bitch about.

Oh my mistake, there aren't upset at the ad being anti-abortion, they're upset because its "anti-equality, anti-choice" and of course a "homophobic organization". Silly me :lol:

Yea, I am sure Jesus would be much more pleased if people kept silent about abortion, because you know, he would surely be for it. :doubt:

The OP title is as dishonest on two levels. The first has already been shown but the second is trying to demonize the pro choice crowd by calling them "pro-abortionists." See, when your position is solid you don't need to rely on such forms of deception. When you do that it sends the message you are insecure on your own ground.

Is pro-choice against abortions? hmmm noooooo.. so what's opposite of against?

Damn you people are stupid!

The only insecurity I see is from idiots like you.

Figures someone from Texas would be the first one to scream lack of comprehension. Lol.....being pro-choice does not equal pro-abortion and the reason is simple: there are people who respect the Rights of other Citizens. I know that is tough to understand but slow down, crack another bud light or pabst or whatever pisswater you call beer and try to wrap your mind around the idea one can be morally opposed to abortion but also opposed to try and force everyone else to live by their morals.

The OP title is as dishonest on two levels. The first has already been shown but the second is trying to demonize the pro choice crowd by calling them "pro-abortionists." See, when your position is solid you don't need to rely on such forms of deception. When you do that it sends the message you are insecure on your own ground.

Yea, I am dishonest because I call a spade a spade. I don't play the word game that liberals do in re-inventing definitions for words. If you are FOR the ability of women to have abortions on demand then you are PRO-ABORTION. If they were truely pro-choice then they would support people who send out the message to make the OTHER choice....but they don't. They fight and protest pro-life movement every chance they get. They can call themselves whatever the fuck they want, I will call them for exactly how I perceive them, there is no deception or dishonesty in that at all.

Then maybe you can explain why "pro-choice" groups have such a big problem with groups promoting the idea of choosing life over death for the child?

I suggest you learn why the protest letter was sent. It wasn't against the ad being anti-abortion:

"By offering one of the most coveted advertising spots of the year to an anti-equality, anti-choice, homophobic organization, CBS is aligning itself with a political stance that will damage its reputation, alienate viewers, and discourage consumers from supporting its shows and advertisers," the letter said.

Frankly, I think it's a stupid letter and it's dumb to feed into the persecution complex of the Christian Right. I would protest the ad on the basis it's completely fucking dumb to spend $2.5 MILLION DOLLARS for a 30 second spot by a group that shits all over the name of Jesus to justify its hatred of others. I'm guessing Jesus would rather see that money care for some kids. How many kids could helped be fed, housed, and receive medicine for $2.5 million? That is what I would bitch about.

Oh my mistake, there aren't upset at the ad being anti-abortion, they're upset because its "anti-equality, anti-choice" and of course a "homophobic organization". Silly me :lol:

Yea, I am sure Jesus would be much more pleased if people kept silent about abortion, because you know, he would surely be for it. :doubt:

If that ad didn't run does that mean nobody would have ever heard about the abortion issue? Holy shit you people really truly lack basic comprehension. You set up strawmen, false dilemmas, and ignore your own fucking articles. Jesus would be for that money going to actually feed and house people........not contribute to the Roman Imperial Cult.

Figures someone from Texas would be the first one to scream lack of comprehension. Lol.....being pro-choice does not equal pro-abortion and the reason is simple: there are people who respect the Rights of other Citizens. I know that is tough to understand but slow down, crack another bud light or pabst or whatever pisswater you call beer and try to wrap your mind around the idea one can be morally opposed to abortion but also opposed to try and force everyone else to live by their morals.

I know its tough to understand, but some people actually believe the living human being inside a womb has some rights....like the right to live.

Last edited:
If that ad didn't run does that mean nobody would have ever heard about the abortion issue? Holy shit you people really truly lack basic comprehension. You set up strawmen, false dilemmas, and ignore your own fucking articles. Jesus would be for that money going to actually feed and house people........not contribute to the Roman Imperial Cult.

Talk about a strawman.....

:eusa_whistle:

Amazing how so called "women's groups" would be so upset about the story of a woman ignoring a doctor's recommendation to get an abortion.

NEW YORK (AP) -- A coalition of women's groups called on the CBS network on Monday to scrap its plan to broadcast an ad during the Super Bowl featuring college football star Tim Tebow and his mother, which critics say is likely to convey an anti-abortion message.

The ad -- paid for by the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family -- is expected to recount the story of Pam Tebow's pregnancy in 1987 with a theme of "Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life." After getting sick during a mission trip to the Philippines, she ignored a recommendation by doctors to abort her fifth child and gave birth to Tim, who went on to win the 2007 Heisman Trophy while helping his Florida team to two college football championships.

CBS urged to scrap anti-abortion Super Bowl ad featuring Tebow - SI.com - 2008 NFL Super Bowl

In an alternate universe, the person who found a cure for cancer wasn't aborted. Good thing the mother didn't follow the doctor's recommendation.

Interesting point here........first, let's talk a bit about theology........

Jewish people believe in reincarnation. So do the Hindus as well as several other major theologies. They state that what you do in this life, will determine what happens in the next.

You're right........if you abort a child, it could have been the next President, world peacekeeper, or someone who advances the human race several steps into the future.

That's one scenario.

But.........would the world really be better off with another Hitler, Attila the Hun, David Koresh, Jim Jones, or any of the others?

That is also a definite possibility as well.

As far as this football player and his Bible verses? Let him do it, but keep religion out of the SuperBowl...........football is it's OWN religion. Don't believe? Go visit Texas in the middle of the season.

And, since from looking at the tattoos of some of the other players, I know some of them are Rastafarian. Maybe they should paint a Jamacian flag on one cheek and a pot leaf on the other.

I mean..........standing up for your religion is a noble thing, right?

Yea, I am dishonest because I call a spade a spade. I don't play the word game that liberals do in re-inventing definitions for words. If you are FOR the ability of women to have abortions on demand then you are PRO-ABORTION. If they were truely pro-choice then they would support people who send out the message to make the OTHER choice....but they don't. They fight and protest pro-life movement every chance they get. They can call themselves whatever the fuck they want, I will call them for exactly how I perceive them, there is no deception or dishonesty in that at all.

Pro-choice means just that.....women have the Right to choose. That is no where near pro-abortion. Do you understand the difference between allowing someone to make a choice and you trying to choose it for them?

If anyone is playing word games it's the anti-choice crowd because they try to label themselves as "pro-life" but they are the first dipshits to beat the war drums and actually try to defend immoral and illegal invasions of other nations that MURDER ACTUAL PEOPLE. Don't even get started on the death penalty. Be honest and call yourselves ANTI-CHOICE because you don't want other Americans to be able to choose what they do with their own bodies. You want to force yourselves between womens' legs. Isn't there a name for that crime already? Is there any difference between a rapist telling a woman what to do with her vagina and you? By all means, please explain the difference?

While I understand private groups spending their money as they see fit, I wonder about how all those laid off by Focus on the Family feel about them having the dough for that ad. And what is it that Focus on the Family seems to think that that time slot will be beneficial to them?

I know its tough to understand, but some people actually believe the living human being inside a womb has some rights....like the right to live.

You don't have any access to an unborn unless you go between a woman's legs. You are saying you don't care what a woman wants to do with her body and her vagina and that you should have control over her body. Damn, do you ever watch L+O SVU? If you do there are certain episodes where it may feel like you are looking in a mirror.

Pro-choice means just that.....women have the Right to choose. That is no where near pro-abortion. Do you understand the difference between allowing someone to make a choice and you trying to choose it for them?

If anyone is playing word games it's the anti-choice crowd because they try to label themselves as "pro-life" but they are the first dipshits to beat the war drums and actually try to defend immoral and illegal invasions of other nations that MURDER ACTUAL PEOPLE. Don't even get started on the death penalty. Be honest and call yourselves ANTI-CHOICE because you don't want other Americans to be able to choose what they do with their own bodies. You want to force yourselves between womens' legs. Isn't there a name for that crime already? Is there any difference between a rapist telling a woman what to do with her vagina and you? By all means, please explain the difference?

Wow, someone's panties sure are getting bunched up!!!

Sure, I'll play along. They can be called "pro-choice", because they are for allowing the choice of killing an unborn child because its an inconvenience. Yet you are still unable to answer my very simple question of why this group would oppose a message from a group that favors one of the choices over the other? Oh wait, you did answer that, its because the opposition group wants to FORCE the woman to make a choice, by taking away her right to murder a child.

Lets apply that to your "forcing yourselves between women's legs" comment. Shouldn't men be allowed the choice of taking a women whenever he pleases? NO you say? So now YOU are FORCING men to not rape women? The audacity!!!

The truth is society already takes away immoral choices from everyone, thats the entire point of having a civilized society with laws. Its immoral to steal, so make laws that make it illegal and throw theives in jail. Its immoral to rape, so make it illegal and throw people in jail when they do it or try to. Its immoral to murder, so throw people in jail when they do....well except when its a pregnant mother who wants to kill her unborn child....then its OK?

Last edited:

No thanks, I don't drink alcohol. To me it's pretty cut and dried, either you're against abortion are you're for it. There is no middle ground. And for those you claim that just wants to respect the rights of other people, whose rights are they respecting? The rights of those that choose to destroy a human life? They certainly aren't respecting the rights of those with a different point of view as witnessed by the vitriol they present when addressing pro-lifers. And they certainly aren't respecting the sanctity of life. So in my opinion pro-choice is pro-abortion because it most certainly isn't anti-abortion. Perhaps you should refrain from drinking bud light or pabst or whatever pisswater you call beer and wise up.

Ah...you want to discuss my family now.

No just answer the question.

So, you want to discuss my family now.

Hey stupid! Asking you if you have raised any children isn't discussing your family. A simple yes or no would suffice.

Do I need to remind you that it was you that brought children into the discussion in the first place when you asked about my sons? Oh and I answered your question without hesitation because unlike you, I'm not afraid of speaking the truth.

You don't have any access to an unborn unless you go between a woman's legs. You are saying you don't care what a woman wants to do with her body and her vagina and that you should have control over her body. Damn, do you ever watch L+O SVU? If you do there are certain episodes where it may feel like you are looking in a mirror.

She had her "choice" before the pregnancy.

You still seem to lack the understanding of the basic fact that the unborn child is its own unique lifeform, with its own unique DNA. Its not simply a "part of her body", its not even her DNA.

Last edited:
No just answer the question.

So, you want to discuss my family now.

Hey stupid! Asking you if you have raised any children isn't discussing your family. A simple yes or no would suffice.

Do I need to remind you that it was you that brought children into the discussion in the first place when you asked about my sons? Oh and I answered your question without hesitation because unlike you, I'm not afraid of speaking the truth.

So, you want to discuss my family now. And no matter what I answer...you would most likely believe me as 'much' as I believe you.

No thanks, I don't drink alcohol. To me it's pretty cut and dried, either you're against abortion are you're for it. There is no middle ground. And for those you claim that just wants to respect the rights of other people, whose rights are they respecting? The rights of those that choose to destroy a human life? They certainly aren't respecting the rights of those with a different point of view as witnessed by the vitriol they present when addressing pro-lifers. And they certainly aren't respecting the sanctity of life. So in my opinion pro-choice is pro-abortion because it most certainly isn't anti-abortion. Perhaps you should refrain from drinking bud light or pabst or whatever pisswater you call beer and wise up.

Actually, that's not true. You can be against abortion but also against forcing your own beliefs onto others. That is probably most pro-choice people.

While I understand private groups spending their money as they see fit, I wonder about how all those laid off by Focus on the Family feel about them having the dough for that ad. And what is it that Focus on the Family seems to think that that time slot will be beneficial to them?

"All those laid off by Focus on the Family"? Exactly how many were laid off? And please use a reliable source.

Forum List

Back