Zone1 Private Christian School to close over a lack of hate.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
Seems this private Christian School that covered the costs for anyone that wanted to attend wasn't hateful enough to those who funded it disliked, so now it has to close.

In its nine years of existence, Urban Christian Academy steadily grew, adding a new grade each year in a neglected southeast Kansas City neighborhood.

The school has provided its students, kindergarten through eighth grade, with a tuition-free private education.

And with its “inclusive theology,” it always supported LGBTQ students and staff. But it did so quietly, as issues like same-sex marriage and gay clergy divided Protestant denominations while hate crimes and violence against the LGBTQ community rose.

But last winter, executive director and co-founder Kalie Callaway-George felt the school could no longer keep its LGBTQ support in the shadows.

KC Christian school lost donations after supporting LGBTQ rights. Now it’s closing

Jesus noted that not everyone is born the same.

For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.'

Matthew 19:12

I simply can not understand where the hate comes from. I suppose from much the same place that kept schools segregated for years.

If someone doesn't believe in Homosexuality, why is it "hate" when they don't cut a check to support it, pk?

If the Urban Christian Academy is pushing sodomy education, why don't they go to the LGBTQ community for donations instead of normal folks?

Does it indicate "hate" if Mormons refuse to finance a Baptist school? Or if Hindus chose not to pony up for a madrassa or a synagogue ?

I don’t blame the donors for cutting off the funding. Regardless of one’s beliefs in LGBTQ+, the fact that they were not open and honest about what they were promoting should be enough to lose them support.

If someone doesn't believe in Homosexuality, why is it "hate" when they don't cut a check to support it, pk?

If the Urban Christian Academy is pushing sodomy education, why don't they go to the LGBTQ community for donations instead of normal folks?

Does it indicate "hate" if Mormons refuse to finance a Baptist school? Or if Hindus chose not to pony up for a madrassa or a synagogue ?

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

1 John 4:20

Makes no difference to me. It's the hate of your fellow man that has me befuddled.
Hate is such a strong word.....But accurate when they (and their enablers) are all up in normal folk's faces about it trying to convince us that their deviant behavior is somehow normal and should be accepted as such.....Fuck that noise.

How about if they just stay in their lane, pack fudge/munch carpet, and stay away from our kids?

I don’t blame the donors for cutting off the funding. Regardless of one’s beliefs in LGBTQ+, the fact that they were not open and honest about what they were promoting should be enough to lose them support.

It says they were open. They felt they needed to be more vocal because of the hate they saw around them.

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

1 John 4:20

I don't think the story you show indicates any "hate" at all for the LGBTQ+ community.

Just a reluctance to support them financially, particularly if the homos aren't ponying up for their own school like this one in KC.

Homos aren't an impoverished needy minority you know

I don't think the story you show indicates any "hate" at all for the LGBTQ+ community.

Just a reluctance to support them financially, particularly if the homos aren't ponying up for their own school like this one in KC.

Homos aren't an impoverished needy minority you know

They are financially supporting the Christian School catering to lower income students.

It says they were open. They felt they needed to be more vocal because of the hate they saw around them
I missed that. My apologies.

I personally don’t find a need to publicize my advocacies in public and I think we’d all be better off if everyone did the same. I don’t need to know what you believe and you don’t need to know what I believe 99.9% of the time. Definitely not in public spaces.

I missed that. My apologies.

I personally don’t find a need to publicize my advocacies in public and I think we’d all be better off if everyone did the same. I don’t need to know what you believe and you don’t need to know what I believe 99.9% of the time. Definitely not in public spaces.

Being public is what Jesus did. This church didn't say much though until they saw the growing hate around them.

But last winter, executive director and co-founder Kalie Callaway-George felt the school could no longer keep its LGBTQ support in the shadows.
Since godless libs are so generous with their money - in particular queers in hollywood who want to groom the children - donations to the school should have flooded in after the big announcement

Whut happened?

Being public is what Jesus did. This church didn't say much though until they saw the growing hate around them
As a former Christian I am 100% AGAINST public preaching. I have always been against it. I believe the public space should be a “quiet@ space, not a loud one.

Forum List

Back