Principal Delivers Graduation Speech In Spanish

• Banned
He congratulated the students in both English and Spanish. So what?
Why stop at just English and Spanish?

All speechs in America should be given in every language in the world.

The absurd argument works so well, especially in this case where the graduating class was all of 30 and most of their parents spoke only Spanish.

:rolleyes:

Some just have to scrape for anything about which to be outraged. Willful victims do, too. Pathetic.

• Banned
I'm not outraged, it is what it is.

I guess I should be glad the Principle spoke some English.

So why not Thai, or don't the parent's who are Thai deserve the same courtesy as those who are Hispanic?

How about Japanese? German? Italian?

Unless this school was a bilingual school, designed to teach kids TWO languages equally, then it was inappropriate. Leaving out the American parents and children while speaking to those who aren't American (and you have to learn English to become a citizen) is insulting.

So why not Thai, or don't the parent's who are Thai deserve the same courtesy as those who are Hispanic?

How about Japanese? German? Italian?

Unless this school was a bilingual school, designed to teach kids TWO languages equally, then it was inappropriate. Leaving out the American parents and children while speaking to those who aren't American (and you have to learn English to become a citizen) is insulting.

English is not the offical language of the US of A.

The absurd argument works so well, especially in this case where the graduating class was all of 30 and most of their parents spoke only Spanish.

Some just have to scrape for anything about which to be outraged. Willful victims do, too. Pathetic.

So you're telling me the only kids in this graduating class were kids from English speaking parents and Spanish speaking parents? No kids whose parents spoke German, or Thai, or Swahili, or Japanese, or Russian, or any of hundreds of languages throughout this country and the world?

So you're telling me the only kids in this graduating class were kids from English speaking parents and Spanish speaking parents? No kids whose parents spoke German, or Thai, or Swahili, or Japanese, or Russian, or any of hundreds of languages throughout this country and the world?
Oh, 'hundreds' makes perfect sense in a graduating class of 30 kids. :rolleyes: So, assuming that each kid has a maximum of two parents, why would anyone speak in 'hundreds' of different languages to the parents?
Read the OP's link. Almost half of the parents spoke only Spanish.

Sheesh, is everyone at USMB this lazy?

This country is getting crazier and crazier. We let people in from ALL over the planet then we are expected to speak the language of every country we let in. Then we give them a free pass when they demand that we provide interpreters and have to translate EVERYTHING into EVERY language because many of them refuse to learn english!!! Now tell me it that is not absolutley CRAZY???!!!

This country is getting crazier and crazier. We let people in from ALL over the planet then we are expected to speak the language of every country we let in. Then we give them a free pass when they demand that we provide interpreters and have to translate EVERYTHING into EVERY language because many of them refuse to learn english!!! Now tell me it that is not absolutley CRAZY???!!!
You betcha! And those damn American Sign Language (a bona fide language) interpreters standing beside someone giving a speech or in the corner of our TVs are so fucking annoying, aren't they? Why don't these people just learn to hear?

The fucking sky is falling because of all this!

:wtf:

Last edited:
You betcha! And those damn American Sign Language (a bona fide language) interpreters standing beside someone giving a speech or in the corner of our TVs are so fucking annoying, aren't they?

The fucking sky is falling because of all this!

:wtf:

I would not go as far as to say the 'sky is falling'.....but.....it is CRAZY!!! So sue me.

Forum List

Back