Principal Delivers Graduation Speech In Spanish

The absurd argument works so well, especially in this case where the graduating class was all of 30 and most of their parents spoke only Spanish.

:rolleyes:

Some just have to scrape for anything about which to be outraged. Willful victims do, too. Pathetic.

So you're telling me the only kids in this graduating class were kids from English speaking parents and Spanish speaking parents? No kids whose parents spoke German, or Thai, or Swahili, or Japanese, or Russian, or any of hundreds of languages throughout this country and the world?
Oh, 'hundreds' makes perfect sense in a graduating class of 30 kids. :rolleyes: So, assuming that each kid has a maximum of two parents, why would anyone speak in 'hundreds' of different languages to the parents?
Read the OP's link. Almost half of the parents spoke only Spanish.

Sheesh, is everyone at USMB this lazy?

Apparently you missed the point. What of the parents who are not Spanish speaking? What of those that speak Thai? Russian? or ANY <notice I said "any" not all> of the hundreds of other languages throughout this country and the world? Why just Spanish?

Why isn't it discrimination to kowtow to the Spanish but not the people who speak other languages?

I have a friend who is from Hong Kong. His mother doesn't speak any language but Chinese. Why did the principal when he graduated, speak Chinese for her?

Last edited:
So you're telling me the only kids in this graduating class were kids from English speaking parents and Spanish speaking parents? No kids whose parents spoke German, or Thai, or Swahili, or Japanese, or Russian, or any of hundreds of languages throughout this country and the world?
Oh, 'hundreds' makes perfect sense in a graduating class of 30 kids. :rolleyes: So, assuming that each kid has a maximum of two parents, why would anyone speak in 'hundreds' of different languages to the parents?
Read the OP's link. Almost half of the parents spoke only Spanish.

Sheesh, is everyone at USMB this lazy?

Apparently you missed the point. What of the parents who are not Spanish speaking? What of those that speak Thai? Russian? or ANY <notice I said "any" not all> of the hundreds of other languages throughout this country and the world? Why just Spanish?

Why isn't it discrimination to kowtow to the Spanish but not the people who speak other languages?

I have a friend who is from Hong Kong. His mother doesn't speak any language but Chinese. Why did the principal when he graduated, speak Chinese for her?
I didn't miss any point. The parents are of a maximum number 60 who mostly speak Spanish (and likely English). You want hundreds of languages spoken. You're being absurd.

That was my point.

And, I didn't say anything about discrimination, you did. I don't argue things I don't say.

He spoke in the two major languages of the parents. And, it doesn't bother me at all.

And as far as your friend is concerned, ask the principal why he didn't. I don't really care. If he spoke Chinese, I don't care. If he didn't speak Chinese, I don't care. As long as he speaks English, I'm satisfied.

Now, if you have any evidence that the parents present spoke some other language than English or Spanish, I would discuss that with you. Otherwise, why don't we discuss the possibility of a satellite falling on your head? It's about as relevant as what you brought up, based on the article.

He congratulated the students in both English and Spanish. So what?

So why not Thai, or don't the parent's who are Thai deserve the same courtesy as those who are Hispanic?

How about Japanese? German? Italian?

Unless this school was a bilingual school, designed to teach kids TWO languages equally, then it was inappropriate. Leaving out the American parents and children while speaking to those who aren't American (and you have to learn English to become a citizen) is insulting.
That's really a very appropriate argument. The discrimination-by-omission argument that is played by atheists everywhere.
They're offended by words like heaven or nativity just as I'm offended by "Hola com esta" or "Parlay vus France'"
:cool:

So why not Thai, or don't the parent's who are Thai deserve the same courtesy as those who are Hispanic?

Unless this school was a bilingual school, designed to teach kids TWO languages equally, then it was inappropriate. Leaving out the American parents and children while speaking to those who aren't American (and you have to learn English to become a citizen) is insulting.
That's really a very appropriate argument. The discrimination-by-omission argument that is played by atheists everywhere.
They're offended by words like heaven or nativity just as I'm offended by "Hola com esta" or "Parlay vus France'"
Other languages offend you? Wow.

But I'm being forced to hear it, just like the atheist is being forced to see a nativity scene.
:eusa_shhh:

But I'm being forced to hear it, just like the atheist is being forced to see a nativity scene.
Really? Who is forcing you to listen to another language? You don't like it, walk out, hang up, don't read it, turn the dial, click on a different channel, etc.

But, apparently you think the atheists shouldn't have to see any references to any religion or deity, too.

Really? Who is forcing you to listen to another language? You don't like it, walk out, hang up, don't read it, turn the dial, click on a different channel, etc.

But, apparently you think the atheists shouldn't have to see any references to any religion or deity, too.
Satire–noun 1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Question: why does someone get so worked up because others give their opinion? Let me guess, they are liberals........right?

Question: why does someone get so worked up because others give their opinion? Let me guess, they are liberals........right?

tCp90.gif

Why stop at just English and Spanish?

All speechs in America should be given in every language in the world.
The absurd argument works so well, especially in this case where the graduating class was all of 30 and most of their parents spoke only Spanish.:rolleyes:

Some just have to scrape for anything about which to be outraged. Willful victims do, too. Pathetic.

Wow! is English a pre requisite for citizenship?

Why stop at just English and Spanish?

All speechs in America should be given in every language in the world.
The absurd argument works so well, especially in this case where the graduating class was all of 30 and most of their parents spoke only Spanish.:rolleyes:

in a word YES

please check the federal government requirements for entrance into the United States

in a word YES

please check the federal government requirements for entrance into the United States
:lol: Maybe the principal should have announced in Spanish that the INS was back stage?

Forum List

Back