Principal Delivers Graduation Speech In Spanish

You're entitled to your opinion. See? That's how it really works!
Look, in part, I can see why this may annoy. I sometimes want to throw my phone across the room when I need to press one for English.

But, in the long run, as long as I get English, that's good.

And, we do need immigration reform. If I go to the ER, English speakers are a minority and I know that my medical bill is cushioned with the estimate of lost cost for those who will never pay - illegals.

I don't like that my property taxes go to educate illegal persons.

I welcome ALL who want to come here for a better life. I also want things to be fair. I don't want to foot their bill, especially when they don't follow the rules. I have plenty of friends from other countries who are pulling their hair out over the long process of becoming legal citizens, and it is not fair to them, either.

Mexicans run California now, soon all the classes in school will be taught in Spanish.

Indeed.

In an ironic turn of history, people who spoke spanish in LA in 1780, long before the first white settler or black slave spoke the first english word there, would feel perfectly at home in today's California.

Zorroandbernardo.jpg

Don Diego de la Vega, aka, El Zorro

a nobleman and master living in the Spanish colonial era of California.

Hcalvinasgarcia.jpg

Demetrio Lopez Garcia, aka, Sergeant Garcia

sergeant of the spanish colonial army in Los Angeles​

Look, in part, I can see why this may annoy. I sometimes want to throw my phone across the room when I need to press one for English.

And, we do need immigration reform. If I go to the ER, English speakers are a minority and I know that my medical bill is cushioned with the estimate of lost cost for those who will never pay - illegals.

I welcome ALL who want to come here for a better life. I also want things to be fair. I don't want to foot their bill, especially when they don't follow the rules. I have plenty of friends from other countries who are pulling their hair out over the long process of becoming legal citizens, and it is not fair to them, either.

By "immigration reform" do you mean amnesty?

Hell no. No free ride. Just reform and part of that reform will have to take into consideration that we have so many illegals here already. Handling that is a big consideration. Pragmatism is needed.

Last edited:

Hell no. No free ride. Just reform and part of that reform will have to take into consideration that we have so many illegals here already. Handling that is a big consideration. Pragmatism is needed.

Well, here's the thing. I don't really know what "reform" means. Secondly, since the US is unable to enforce present immigration law I'm not even sure we could enforce "reformed" immigration laws.

How would you handle those who are here? Amnesty?

Well, here's the thing. I don't really know what "reform" means. Secondly, since the US is unable to enforce present immigration law I'm not even sure we could enforce "reformed" immigration laws.
That's part of the reform. We make laws that we are serious about.

It's a mess and it needs to be addressed. Soon. History tells us that empires cannot continue when there is a lack of attention to borders.

He congratulated the students in both English and Spanish. So what?

Here is the issue. Believe it or not we have a divided country! :eek: Having people speak different languages divides it more. There are 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation Latinos that don't speak ENGLISH! We facilitate it and allow it to survive. Our biggest "ethnic" group in America is dissent of Germany. However, you don't see German anywhere. Not on ballots, not in schools, on public forms etc. The German immigrants weren't placated by allowing them to keep their native tongue only! They needed to learn English! They did and have become Americans and not Germans.

Many many Latinos refuse to learn English and then blame the gringos when they are left behind! I am getting sick and tired of America placating Spanish speaking people (not latinos, Americanized Latinos are not placated) in order to get votes! It's the democrats fault. See they can't win on issues like the economy, since they are destroying it. Starting with Jimmey Carter, going on to Bill Clinton and now with Obama. So they have to sell out the nation in order to get votes. They offer amnesty, open borders and the multiculturalism mistake in order to get the latino vote. They destroy our manufacturin base by BLINDLY helping Unions destroy American's competitiveness. They push welfare to Blacks, even though they know it puts them in a cycle of poverty and disincentive for getting out of that life, in order to keep them loyal! It's politics at its worst!

Here is the issue. Believe it or not we have a divided country! :eek: Having people speak different languages divides it more. There are 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation Latinos that don't speak ENGLISH! We facilitate it and allow it to survive. Our biggest "ethnic" group in America is dissent of Germany. However, you don't see German anywhere. Not on ballots, not in schools, on public forms etc. The German immigrants weren't placated by allowing them to keep their native tongue only! They needed to learn English! They did and have become Americans and not Germans.

Many many Latinos refuse to learn English and then blame the gringos when they are left behind! I am getting sick and tired of America placating Spanish speaking people (not latinos, Americanized Latinos are not placated) in order to get votes! It's the democrats fault. See they can't win on issues like the economy, since they are destroying it. Starting with Jimmey Carter, going on to Bill Clinton and now with Obama. So they have to sell out the nation in order to get votes. They offer amnesty, open borders and the multiculturalism mistake in order to get the latino vote. They destroy our manufacturin base by BLINDLY helping Unions destroy American's competitiveness. They push welfare to Blacks, even though they know it puts them in a cycle of poverty and disincentive for getting out of that life, in order to keep them loyal! It's politics at its worst!

The thing is alot of the illegals who come here don't care about America and don't want to become Americans, they just want to make money here and send it back to me Mexico and after a while retire and go back. I was stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California for 3 years, it was in the middle of nowhere but there were several strawberry fields off base manned by illegal immigrants, they were seasonal workers who come to the US for work and go back, they don't speak English, don't care to and just want to earn money, this is a totally different thing than the Germans who came here to live, start families and become Americans. Alot of the illegals don't want to be Americans.

Let me tell you something you probably don't know if you've never been to Mexico, Gravity.

In almost every mexican town or village you find upper-class residences, in the middle of poor, rundown neighborhoods. The constrast is so stark that you can't help asking a local resident who lives there (if you don't know the answer already).

The answer is invariably the same. The guy lived in America for a few years, worked his/her ass off, earned a lot of money and then came back to Mexico and built the "mansion" for his family.

So you are absolutely right. Not every Mexican wants to live in America. I personaly know a hell of a lot of people who just want to make some bucks to fulfill their lifelong dreams (house, marriage, school, business, etc, etc, etc...)

You don't need to speak english like Queen Elisabeth II to flip burgers for a few years in America, specially when you live in a place that already has a huge mexican/hispanic community.

Why can't their countries give them jobs so that they can do this over there and not have to come here ??? I think Jose you know the answer but it pains you to verbalize it. But.......I know what you will say instead - 'it's the fault of the 'evil' USA.' Ho-hum. Gosh, it boggles the mind how these people continue to live in misery and expect 'uncle sam' to do it for them. When it bucks, they kick and scream racists and cry like babies who have been refused a lolly pop! Holy crap!

The absurd argument works so well, especially in this case where the graduating class was all of 30 and most of their parents spoke only Spanish.:rolleyes:

Some just have to scrape for anything about which to be outraged. Willful victims do, too. Pathetic.

Wow! is English a pre requisite for citizenship?

in a word YES

please check the federal government requirements for entrance into the United States

That federal provision is for Naturalizartion and has nothing to do with natural born citizens... There is no federal law establishing a National language. In fact, both English and Spanish can be offical languages of the US.

Last edited:
Wow! is English a pre requisite for citizenship?

in a word YES

please check the federal government requirements for entrance into the United States

That federal provision is for Naturalizartion and has nothing to do with natural born citizens... There is no federal law establishing a National language. In fact, both English and Spanish can be offical languages of the US.
But, that's not what s/he said. English, rudimentary as it is, IS required for citizenship.

The thing is alot of the illegals who come here don't care about America and don't want to become Americans, they just want to make money here and send it back to me Mexico and after a while retire and go back. I was stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California for 3 years, it was in the middle of nowhere but there were several strawberry fields off base manned by illegal immigrants, they were seasonal workers who come to the US for work and go back, they don't speak English, don't care to and just want to earn money, this is a totally different thing than the Germans who came here to live, start families and become Americans. Alot of the illegals don't want to be Americans.
The migration between Mexico and the Southwest has been going on for generations. Germans, on the other hand, traveled thousands of miles to settle here... it would not be cost effective for most Germans settlers to travel back and forth.

Most German settlers[at least in Texas] came here in the mid 1800s to 1900s. In fact large settlement of Germans in Southcentral Texas in areas like New Braunfels, New Berlin, and Fredricksburd Tx...the old timers still speak German and some speak mostly German...These folk have been in Texas for generations yet hold on to their language and heritage.

Unless you spoke to all those strawberry pickers, how could you know [what they wanted] and their proficiency in English? Its easy to assume a lot of migrant farm workers...

in a word YES

But, that's not what s/he said. English, rudimentary as it is, IS required for citizenship.

correct...for Naturalization. Lets be clear.

Forum List

Back