Prince Harry engaged to Meghan Markle

From Mark Steyn today.

~What is the correct attitude when a freeborn citizen of Britain's rebel colonies chooses to betray the revolution and marry into the reviled and rejected Royal house? The Washington Post knows how to parade on the reign:

Meghan Markle's U.S. Citizenship Could Cause Tax Headaches For British Royal Family

As the Post sees it, this isn't a story about an American marrying into the Royal Family, but about the Royal Family marrying into the IRS. Their wedding message to the Queen is: Don't look on it as losing a grandson, but as gaining an audit. And, unlike most recent Royal marriages, Lois Lerner is forever:

"U.S. citizens are subject to U.S. tax obligations regardless of their country of residence," Peter Spiro, a Temple University law professor and the author of "At Home in Two Countries: The Past and Future of Dual Citizenship," wrote in an email to The Washington Post. "A member of the royal family would be treated just like anyone else."

By contrast, if Prince Harry were to move to the United States to live with Markle, he would not be expected to file taxes in Britain. The United States' citizenship-based taxation system is unusual: Only Eritrea has a similar system. It's a relic of the Civil War and the Revenue Act of 1862, which called for the taxing of U.S. citizens abroad — in part to punish men who fled the country to avoid joining the military.

How much more satisfying to punish women who flee the country to join George III's garden parties. It would be too much to expect the Republican Congress to remove this anomalous affront. God forbid the US tax code should cease to be competitive with Eritrea.

PS Miss Markle, an American divorcée, is posterity's jest on Wallis Simpson: During the abdication crisis, Stanley Baldwin took soundings from his fellow prime ministers and reported back to the palace that, while in Britain Mrs Simpson was unacceptable because she was divorced, in Canada she was unacceptable because she was American.

Ms. Markle will have to give up her American citizenship. She will not be paying taxes to the IRS.

The Royal Family is going to butt headlong into black American victimhood. I don't think they are prepared for that.

From Mark Steyn today.

~What is the correct attitude when a freeborn citizen of Britain's rebel colonies chooses to betray the revolution and marry into the reviled and rejected Royal house? The Washington Post knows how to parade on the reign:

Meghan Markle's U.S. Citizenship Could Cause Tax Headaches For British Royal Family

As the Post sees it, this isn't a story about an American marrying into the Royal Family, but about the Royal Family marrying into the IRS. Their wedding message to the Queen is: Don't look on it as losing a grandson, but as gaining an audit. And, unlike most recent Royal marriages, Lois Lerner is forever:

"U.S. citizens are subject to U.S. tax obligations regardless of their country of residence," Peter Spiro, a Temple University law professor and the author of "At Home in Two Countries: The Past and Future of Dual Citizenship," wrote in an email to The Washington Post. "A member of the royal family would be treated just like anyone else."

By contrast, if Prince Harry were to move to the United States to live with Markle, he would not be expected to file taxes in Britain. The United States' citizenship-based taxation system is unusual: Only Eritrea has a similar system. It's a relic of the Civil War and the Revenue Act of 1862, which called for the taxing of U.S. citizens abroad — in part to punish men who fled the country to avoid joining the military.

How much more satisfying to punish women who flee the country to join George III's garden parties. It would be too much to expect the Republican Congress to remove this anomalous affront. God forbid the US tax code should cease to be competitive with Eritrea.

PS Miss Markle, an American divorcée, is posterity's jest on Wallis Simpson: During the abdication crisis, Stanley Baldwin took soundings from his fellow prime ministers and reported back to the palace that, while in Britain Mrs Simpson was unacceptable because she was divorced, in Canada she was unacceptable because she was American.

She announced that she will seek English citizenship which means she would give up her US citizenship.

From Mark Steyn today.

She announced that she will seek English citizenship which means she would give up her US citizenship.

If she keeps it, she'll face double taxation.

Trump is getting the Royal Boot...

They don't want the drama ...I can understand that. they want the wedding to be about them I am sure..

The juiciest debate has been over invites for rival U.S. presidents Barack Obama and Donald Trump. Harry and Obama have obvious chemistry and have worked together promoting Harry's Invictus Games competition for wounded soldiers. Some British officials, however, fear that an invite to Obama would anger Trump.

Royal wedding guest list: Who gets a nod from Harry, Meghan?

upload_2018-2-13_8-42-15.jpeg
upload_2018-2-13_8-43-57.jpeg

This crap passes for political news? Juicy tidbits added by "some British Officials" who are unidentified not to mention lame stuff like "obvious chemistry between Harry and Hussein" adds up to the worst tabloid junk at the checkout counter.

They don't want the drama ...I can understand that. they want the wedding to be about them I am sure..

The juiciest debate has been over invites for rival U.S. presidents Barack Obama and Donald Trump. Harry and Obama have obvious chemistry and have worked together promoting Harry's Invictus Games competition for wounded soldiers. Some British officials, however, fear that an invite to Obama would anger Trump.

View attachment 176408View attachment 176409

This like a month old story.

Good. One less chance for Trump to humiliate himself and the nation.

Dood, did you even bother reading your link. Nothing in there says anything about Obama, Trump or Hillary having been invited...dumbass liberal.

There are those on this board who are born slaves and act it, when ever some snot nosed arrogant elite shows up. They are first to bow down and cower so they might get the chance to kiss the hem of their garment. I despise those people, because I know, that every fucking royal would bleed RED like the rest of US. Tooo many stupid slaves living in America today, about 47%.

Who invites an ass to an event that he will try to take over and turn the spotlight on him...Plus Melania is not traveling with him after Stromy...

There are those on this board who are born slaves and act it, when ever some snot nosed arrogant elite shows up. They are first to bow down and cower so they might get the chance to kiss the hem of their garment. I despise those people, because I know, that every fucking royal would bleed RED like the rest of US. Tooo many stupid slaves living in America today, about 47%.
You got some Trump shit on yer brown nose...

^ worships Trump’s chode

Prince is a race traitor. (-:

Forum List

Back