Primary causes for mass shootings?

Primary causes for mass shootings? Choose three

• Contrary/unhealthy thought, such as men are women, fat is beautiful, inciting racism, etc.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • The assault on traditional values, U.S. history and God

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Multi-culturism

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Over-population

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Virtual world (internet, texting), losing touch & respect, social decline, 2 much info., propaganda

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Guns & the NRA

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Lack of responsibility, and the inability and desire to solve basic problems, pampered public

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Hollywood sucks and same with mainstream music.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selfishness

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
You forgot one which is why I also picked "other".

Both sides have been using increasingly divisive language, and a lot of those on the fringes have worked very hard to dehumanize the other side.

That is one of the reasons for mass shootings. If you don't think of someone as "human" or think of them as a "demon" or "threat to this country", then it becomes easier to kill them because they no longer matter to that person.

You can see examples of this on a daily basis here at USMB. I've seen people calling for the killing of liberals, communists, immigrants, etc. etc., and what's worse, they think that by killing all those groups, it will make the country a better place.

If we want things to get better, those at the top need to stop the divisive rhetoric and actually start working together, or at the very least, try to see things from the other sides point of view, even if you don't agree with it, at least try to understand why they think that way.

But sadly..................the politicians used up all the bad things to call each other and had to ramp it up to scary. The people of this country who listen to those politicians have let that behavior seep into their own lives, and now, it's not a question of how can we solve things, it's more of "I'm right, you're wrong, and you should leave the country if you're not with me".

But, sadly, I don't see any of that stopping anytime soon, but I do think that unless something is done quickly, there are going to be more kids killed in school.

And putting armed teachers in school is a bad idea as well. Why? Because there may be some suicidal kids out there who will want to see if they can attack a school with armed teachers and see if they can still be successful. And the scary thing? They will be coming at it from the standpoint that the teachers are armed and will more than likely resort to wearing body armor.

humans have been killing/hating/raping/robbing/etc since they became human [ and before?? ]
--and always will
over 85% of murders are committed by males!! this is a huge clue as to why!

--they kill for $$$/jealousy/''fun'' -yes for the thrill of it [ and not just serial killers/hate/greed/power/sex/etc etc etc

..many serial killers had genius IQs!!! very high IQs!!
These Terrifying Murderers Used Their Genius-Level IQs To Kill People
Killing Just For the Thrill of It All
Life in prison for 'thrill kill' teen - CNN

mass killers have different motives/targets
McVeigh was pissed at the government--not so much a ''psycho' as Cruz appears to be
Cruz pissed at his schoolmates
Charles Whitman and the Vegas shooter didn't seem to have a specific group targeted--

What it really boils down to is religion and rearing.

If you don't believe in the after life, then you have no fear of dying. Do what you want and no penalty to pay. It's the same mentality of middle-east terrorists. They actually believe they will be rewarded in heaven for killing innocent people. It's a mental sickness.

Our country has been feminizing males for the last couple of decades; shielding them from any form of humiliation. They grow up not knowing how to deal with negative emotions, and are hit blindsided when it finally happens. While most try to learn how to deal with negative emotions, others fly off the handle and end up killing a bunch of people.

AFAIK, no credible researchers have identified any single cause of mass shootings. I happen to think the cause is the shooters' dolor over the dichotomy between the shooters' normative and existential conclusions about their place in the world.

Lots of causes .

I don’t understand why Cons just pretend you can’t do anything about it.

They only do this with guns . Nothing else . No con ever says “illegals will find a way in. Why bother trying to stop them.”

Lots of causes .

They only do this with guns . Nothing else . No con ever says “illegals will find a way in. Why bother trying to stop them.”

Who ever said that no illegal will ever enter again?

When we talk about recreational narcotics, it's the liberals who say make them all legal and the problem will stop.

You forgot one which is why I also picked "other".

Both sides have been using increasingly divisive language, and a lot of those on the fringes have worked very hard to dehumanize the other side.

That is one of the reasons for mass shootings. If you don't think of someone as "human" or think of them as a "demon" or "threat to this country", then it becomes easier to kill them because they no longer matter to that person.

You can see examples of this on a daily basis here at USMB. I've seen people calling for the killing of liberals, communists, immigrants, etc. etc., and what's worse, they think that by killing all those groups, it will make the country a better place.

If we want things to get better, those at the top need to stop the divisive rhetoric and actually start working together, or at the very least, try to see things from the other sides point of view, even if you don't agree with it, at least try to understand why they think that way.

But sadly..................the politicians used up all the bad things to call each other and had to ramp it up to scary. The people of this country who listen to those politicians have let that behavior seep into their own lives, and now, it's not a question of how can we solve things, it's more of "I'm right, you're wrong, and you should leave the country if you're not with me".

But, sadly, I don't see any of that stopping anytime soon, but I do think that unless something is done quickly, there are going to be more kids killed in school.

And putting armed teachers in school is a bad idea as well. Why? Because there may be some suicidal kids out there who will want to see if they can attack a school with armed teachers and see if they can still be successful. And the scary thing? They will be coming at it from the standpoint that the teachers are armed and will more than likely resort to wearing body armor.

Why are you so delusional?

Where are kids going to get body armor?

The AR-15 and handguns serve other purposes, but if you see a kid buying body armor, wouldn't that be just a little over the top?

The first kid who tried to attack a school and gets ventilated before he gets through the door will not instill a lot of confidence in anyone.

Mass shootings ... like these school shootings, where plenty of tips are given to the FBI in advance , are preventable ..........only if the totally useless FBI acted on these tips.....

The FBI doesn't want to protect the people.....it only wants to work for the Deep State scum.Oh well.

1 . Lax gun laws.
2. Young men angry at being bullied/ostracized
3. Media attention to them afterward

Mostly no. 1 though. These shooting don't tend to happen outside of the US. Guns are ubiquitous in the USA, so gun violence is too. It's not complicated.

1 . Lax gun laws.

Mostly no. 1 though. These shooting don't tend to happen outside of the US. Guns are ubiquitous in the USA, so gun violence is too. It's not complicated.

What is lax about our gun laws?

1 . Lax gun laws.

1. What gun laws do we have today that are so lax compared to 30 years ago?
2. Bullying has been going on since God invented children.
3. Yes, your wonderful MSM.

1 . Lax gun laws.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I added "other" - social alienation, and attention - if you're a mass shooter (or for that matter a jihadist since the psychology is similar) - you get your 15 minutes of fame splashing all across the country. A loser becomes a "winner" in his distorted mind. He's finally someone.

I think social media definitely plays a large part in school shootings. When I went to school, when the school day ended, you could put the bullies, the assholes and the gossips behind you and enjoy family life, or time with your friends.

Now, in the age of 24/7 connectivity...there is no escape.

Lots of causes .

Pretty sure the Columbine boys had bombs too.

"Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold planned Columbine primarily as a bombing. The timers were set to begin with the eruption of two big propane bombs in the cafeteria at 11:17 a.m. That was the start of "A" lunch, the maximum human density anytime, anywhere in the school on any given day. Maximum body count​

Eric and Dylan then intended to open fire at fleeing survivors (guns here). They also loaded their cars with bombs and gasoline, set to detonate about noon."

The Columbine Guide | Eric Harris Dylan Klebold: journals,evidence

Forum List

Back