President's Day

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
OK. It's President's Day. How many Presidents have there been in your lifetime and who was your favorite? I'll start this show. There have been 12 Presidents in my life time. They are:

Harry S. Truman
Dwight D. Eisenhower
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon B. Johnson
Richard M. Nixon
Gerald Ford
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Regan
George Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Barack Obama

My favorite is a toss-up between Dwight D. Eisenhower and Ronald Regan. The absolute worst President there has been in my lifetime so far is Barack Obama followed closely by Jimmy Carter.

I go back to Eisenhower, who is, IM not-at-all HO, the best of that pretty weak field.

LBJ is far and away the worst of them, followed closely by Nixon, Ford, Carter and Obama, in no particular order.

If the 12 Presidents I named were race horses, which one do you think would win the race????

A big shout out to the last potus worthy of praise or note.
William Henry Harrison
Too bad more didn't follow his fine leadership example.

When I was little JFK was pretty cool.

Since then it's been tough picking someone I feel I could look up to.

Reagan comes the closest.

Carter sucked big-time. LBJ was boring as shit. Clinton had charisma but he was morally fucked and I hated his wife. Barry doesn't even register although his opinion of himself is only outweighed by his lack of understanding of what it means to be an American. Bush has been painted in a light that was totally unfair.

So Reagan wins in my book.

from the LRC blog

Writes Meredith Bass:
There are some presidents that I would like to show appreciation for today: the presidents of Glock, Amazon.com, Coors, Wrangler’s, Colt, Maker’s Mark, Jeep, Pelican kayaks, Benchmade, Tabasco, Zatarain’s, Tropicana, Vortex binocs, Maglite, and Winn-Dixie, who provide services that actually DO keep me safe, happy, and free…

I go back to Eisenhower, who is, IM not-at-all HO, the best of that pretty weak field.

LBJ is far and away the worst of them, followed closely by Nixon, Ford, Carter and Obama, in no particular order.

If the 12 Presidents I named were race horses, which one do you think would win the race????
Eisenhower and Reagan, by default....Not that they were so great, but that the rest of them don't even live up to their mediocrity.

Forum List

Back