President's approval rating hits 60%

NY Carb
http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK...1_POLITICS.pdf

page 57

G 11 a.

Now stop fucking lying about what I said.

I accused you of lying? can you direct me to that post please?

I said you are looking at the wrong data set, page 37 which I have reproduced below is the party ID they used for the sampling balance. Read the NRO link which contains the answer from AP-gfk.

Attachments

• $poll ap.JPG
    $poll ap.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
So what?

President George HW Bush approval ratings were around 90% after Desert Storm.

It's The Economy Stupid.

It's going to be fun watching the Republicans flounder.

The American people are starting to get it.

what color is it?

The only way the Republicans can win is through voter suppression.

That is why they are rushing voter ID bills through the state legislatures.

There is no evil in the world that the Republican Party won't support.

what color is it?

Voter suppression telling someone they can't vote because they cannot produce ID is not voter suppression
But anyway when Republicans are standing at the enterance of a building that people will enter on election day with bats then you might have something to bitch about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice try.

No comparison to stopping millions of people from voting because of voter ID laws.

NY Carb

page 57

G 11 a.

I said you are looking at the wrong data set, page 37 which I have reproduced below is the party ID they used for the sampling balance. Read the NRO link which contains the answer from AP-gfk.

I am waiting for my apology NY carbineer.

I did NOT cite party ID. I cited political stance on page 57 of the pdf. The poll accurately reflects the current ratio of

LIBERALS to CONSERVATIVES to MODERATES in the country.

The Associated Press has released a survey, taken on May 5-9, 2011 to measure public approval of Obama after the killing of Osama bin Laden. The poll purports to show that the president’s job approval has soared to 60 percent. Don’t you believe it.

The AP sample contains twice as many Democrats as Republicans (35% Democrat vs. 18% Republican). While party identification is, itself, a variable to be determined by polling, the normal sample usually contains an approximately equal number of Democrats and Republicans. Lately, Republicans have actually been slightly in the plurality in most statistically valid samples.

This AP poll — with its 2:1 Democratic edge — is utter hogwash.

much more stats: DISREGARD THE AP POLL at DickMorris.com

The above is just the kind of bullshit we can always expect from the rightwing propaganda machine:

The AP poll participants break down as follows:

23% LIBERAL
38% CONSERVATIVE
36% MODERATE

60% more conservatives than liberals.

That breakdown btw is very close to the 2008 election exit polls.

You can find this on page 57 of the Poll's .pdf which, of course, NONE of you bothered to research.

You're welcome.

Uhm no, its 46/29/4, page 37, you are in the wrong place. In addition note the numbers for strong and moderate.

When you pull the 'leaners' the numbers drop further as Indies are assigned properly,
35/18/27.

In addition I posted the real clear data, here, one more time, they are an outlier, to put it politely, and that skewed sampling is why.

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 5/2 - 5/11 -- 51.7 42.4 +9.3
Gallup 5/9 - 5/11 1500 A 51 42 +9
Rasmussen Reports 5/9 - 5/11 1500 LV 47 52 -5
Reuters/Ipsos 5/5 - 5/9 1029 A 49 47 +2
Associated Press/GfK 5/5 - 5/9 1001 A 60 39 +21
Pew Research 5/5 - 5/8 1003 A 50 39 +11
NBC News 5/5 - 5/7 800 A 52 41 +11
Quinnipiac 5/2 - 5/3 834 RV 52 40 +12
Newsweek/Daily Beast 5/2 - 5/3 600 A 48 49 -1
CBS News/NY Times* 5/2 - 5/3 532 A 57 37 +20
CNN/Opinion Research 5/2 - 5/2 700 A 52 43 +9
SurveyUSA 5/2 - 5/2 1000 A 46 42 +4
Wash Post/Pew/SRBI 5/2 - 5/2 654 A 56 38 +18

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

If you consider the AP poll an outlier, then I assume you consider the Rasmussen poll an even farther out outlier.

AP is 11 points outside the average. Rasmussen is 14 points outside the average.

NY Carb

page 57

G 11 a.

I am not looking at the 'wrong' data. I am citing the more demographically relevant data.

Yeah, did anyone see the post I made about this a day or two ago?

The poll is A HUGE FRAUD. They didn't sample voters, they sampled, "adults." Which means, they don't even have to be voters of this country.

Then they OVERSAMPLED DEMOCRATS by a huge number, like 46% Democrats to 29% Republicans.

So, the poll is a desperate attempt to boost Obama's numbers and it's a FRAUD.

Wow! The AP poll has Obama’s approval rating hitting 60 percent! And 53 percent say he deserves to be reelected!

And on the economy, 52 percent approve of the way Obama’s handling it, and only 47 percent disapprove! He’s up 54–46 on approval of how he’s handling health care! On unemployment, 52 percent approval, 47 percent disapproval! 57 percent approval on handling Libya! Even on the deficit, he’s at 47 percent approval, 52 percent disapproval!

It is a poll of adults, which isn’t surprising; as I mentioned yesterday, you don’t have to be a registered or likely voter to have an opinion on the president.

But then you get to the party ID: 46 percent identify as Democrat or leaning Democrat, 29 percent identify as Republican or leaning Republican, 4 percent identify as purely independent leaning towards neither party, and 20 percent answered, “I don’t know.”

For contrast, the AP’s immediate preceding poll was 45 percent Democrat, 33 percent Republican; the likely-voter pool in October 2010 was 43 percent Democrat, 48 percent Republican. The poll’s total sample in October 2010 split 43 percent Democrat, 40 percent Republican.
With a poll sample that has a 17-percentage-point margin in favor of the Democrats, is anyone surprised that these results look like a David Axelrod dream?

(Interestingly, George W. Bush is at 50 percent approval, 49 percent disapproval, even in this sample wildly weighted in favor of the Democrats.)

Latest AP Poll Sample Skews to Democrats by 17 Points - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Funny that NO LIBS WOULD HAVE THE INTELLECTUAL INTEGRITY to respond to my original post about this.

Of course not. They didn't want to bring attention to anything that exposed that poll as a FRAUD.

But it is a fraud. It's not valid, and it's a sign liberals are desperate to make Obama look more electable than he really is.

They did the same kind of fraud work when Carter was running for reelection. The polls kept saying the election could go "either way" right up until almost election day. Then Reagan CRUSHED CARTER on election day.

Expect the same kind of chicanery from liberals now. Liberals lie. It's what they do.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

NY Carb

I am not looking at the 'wrong' data. I am citing the more demographically relevant data.

you are dishonest and speaking with you is a dead loss, this is the third time at least you've popped off and decided to get vulgar and fling around accusations etc.

hey, do what you will , but, thats why you never wind up maintaining a civil conversation, and I think you do it on purpose, you cannot even comprehend the English language or a simple poll, so when you get ownded, which hapens frequently you respond with strawman or vulgarity, which is tantamount to covering your ears and yelling blah blah blah...infantile.

go read the single sentence they typed at the top of that data set and questions starting on page 56, those q's were not for calc in the poll, thats why they were phrased very loosely, the data set to calc. that results in that 60% were from the chart I posted , from page 37.

your latest defense makes no sense, what you say you now cited for whatever reason has no bearing on the poll sampling as to the result they accrued, and used in their release, they over sampled dems, slice it anyway you like and that is a fact, period.

Last edited:

what color is it?

you didn't answer the question, what color is it?

what color is it?

Would that be LEGAL voters or ones that aren't eligible?

what color is it?

Voter suppression telling someone they can't vote because they cannot produce ID is not voter suppression
But anyway when Republicans are standing at the enterance of a building that people will enter on election day with bats then you might have something to bitch about.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU&feature=pyv&ad=3265020430&kw=]YouTube - "Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly[/ame]

Indeed.

Forum List

Back