President Trump Exploring The Idea Of Cutting Middle Income Tax Rates To 15%

What does that have to do with Trump making promises about tax cuts prior to an election?

When Trump ran for President he promised a middle-class tax cut. My point is that he provided that tax cut. In the midterms, he was expecting to keep the House which he didn't. You can't pass a tax cut when the opposing party is doing everything they can to make you look bad.

Except for the fact that Trump said he would implement it by the 1st of Nov "or a little earlier"...

Trump repeats his dubious pledge to introduce a 10% middle-class tax cut before the midterm elections

Yep, that is the one. Did Trump fulfill that pledge?

No, Congress was out of session at the time. Besides, Trump already gave middle-class a tax cut a little after he took over. And if Trump doesn't get the House, watch how the Democrats will allow that to expire.

My taxes went up Ray when the fat Orange idiot took away all of my expenses.

MAGA!!!!

When Trump ran for President he promised a middle-class tax cut. My point is that he provided that tax cut. In the midterms, he was expecting to keep the House which he didn't. You can't pass a tax cut when the opposing party is doing everything they can to make you look bad.

Except for the fact that Trump said he would implement it by the 1st of Nov "or a little earlier"...

Trump repeats his dubious pledge to introduce a 10% middle-class tax cut before the midterm elections

No, Congress was out of session at the time. Besides, Trump already gave middle-class a tax cut a little after he took over. And if Trump doesn't get the House, watch how the Democrats will allow that to expire.

MAGA!!!!

That's because of all your write-offs. The average middle-class worker doesn't have many if any write-offs.

No, Congress was out of session at the time. .

But that did not stop him from making promises and it did not stop you worshipers from making 100 threads about the new tax cuts from Trump...just like is happening now.

I don't see 100 threads on it now, and I didn't see it in 2018 either. In fact at the time, it was such a non-story that I completely forgot about it.

Nni

MAGA!!!!

That's because of all your write-offs. The average middle-class worker doesn't have many if any write-offs.

I know exactly why, as do so many other trades people that Tramp humped.
MAGA

No, Congress was out of session at the time. .

But that did not stop him from making promises and it did not stop you worshipers from making 100 threads about the new tax cuts from Trump...just like is happening now.

I don't see 100 threads on it now, and I didn't see it in 2018 either. In fact at the time, it was such a non-story that I completely forgot about it.

which is what Trump counts on. Short memories.

This is great. He should do it. He's given the break to the rich which created more jobs and helped his economy. Now help the people that are below that, even if it's for his 2020 bid, it's a good thing.

The White House is reportedly exploring the idea of cutting middle income tax rates to 15 percent – True Pundit

The article is very vague. Tax cuts are great provided we are not borrowing more money to have them. Like I said, very vague, and my concern would be what taxes will they cut for middle-class? It's bad enough nearly half our population pays no income tax at all, so any income tax cut would barely be noticed for people who barely make enough to pay income tax.

Taxes and regulations need to be where they were pre Reagan, or it's not ever going to get better.

Then why didn't DumBama and the Democrat Congress do it? I would have loved to see the economy then.

Clinton made the attempt, and created the best economy since the end of WW2, left a budget surplus, with the debt starting to turn. W. ended that immediately.

Fortunately, we have a younger generation of people that are rejecting white supremacy, religion, and conservative fiscal policy, who agree with politicians like Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren, and the tax and regulations that were in place on banks, corporations, and the immorally wealthy are coming back in a very big way.

Nni

MAGA!!!!

MAGA

Most people aren't in the trades. Most people have jobs they simply go to work and no expense on their part. You must have thousands of dollars in expenses if the write-offs cost you more in taxes. I don't have many write-offs, but if one year I buy a new radio or uniforms, I can't deduct anything under 500 dollars. If I hit the 500 dollar mark, it's only a few bucks in savings.

which created more jobs and helped his economy.

Which created more jobs?
Like just a + number, or MORE jobs than the Obama Administration.
Check the Numbers.

Helped the Economy? Funny that you said "HIS" economy, whatever that means. Because it isn't his, it is OUR's.
All people or just people invested in the Stock Market?
The top 10% in income own 93% of the Stock Market Value.

Yup, I'm in the Stock Market and have a future pension too,
and YES,
Obama and Trump have both made the stock market climb.
But this so-called GREAT economy is helping 10% of the USA population.

I'm fortunate to have a college education, a good job, and invested wisely, because of education and $ flow.
But I Care.
(R) don't care. Screw the poor, it is their own fault. Many posters have made this claim.

Do you eat LSD flakes sprinkled with crack for breakfast everyday?

This is great. He should do it. He's given the break to the rich which created more jobs and helped his economy. Now help the people that are below that, even if it's for his 2020 bid, it's a good thing.

The White House is reportedly exploring the idea of cutting middle income tax rates to 15 percent – True Pundit

The article is very vague. Tax cuts are great provided we are not borrowing more money to have them. Like I said, very vague, and my concern would be what taxes will they cut for middle-class? It's bad enough nearly half our population pays no income tax at all, so any income tax cut would barely be noticed for people who barely make enough to pay income tax.

Taxes and regulations need to be where they were pre Reagan, or it's not ever going to get better.

Then why didn't DumBama and the Democrat Congress do it? I would have loved to see the economy then.

Clinton made the attempt, and created the best economy since the end of WW2, left a budget surplus, with the debt starting to turn. W. ended that immediately.

Fortunately, we have a younger generation of people that are rejecting white supremacy, religion, and conservative fiscal policy, who agree with politicians like Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren, and the tax and regulations that were in place on banks, corporations, and the immorally wealthy are coming back in a very big way.

It must be, because I've been hearing about it for over 30 years now.

Most of the Clinton years, he presided with a Republican led Congress; you know, those people in charge of the US check book? The tech bubble started about then and Clinton had that to his most advantage. The tech bubble burst towards the end of his second term. All bubbles bust.

If the commies actually do get control over the entire government, and implement these financially idiotic plans, watch us go into a major recession, and watch the lefties blame Trump for it.

Which created more jobs?
Check the Numbers.

Helped the Economy? Funny that you said "HIS" economy, whatever that means. Because it isn't his, it is OUR's.

and YES,

I'm fortunate to have a college education, a good job, and invested wisely, because of education and $ flow.
But I Care.
(R) don't care. Screw the poor, it is their own fault. Many posters have made this claim.

It's a lot easier to create jobs when the unemployment rate is 8% than it is at 4%. And it's really less how many jobs compared to how many decent paying jobs. Median household income has increased to a new high under Trump. That goes for jobs paying more money. Unemployment is at a historic 50 year low, and that includes new all time records for minorities and women. We have one and a half million jobs than Americans to fill them.

That's what happens when you elect a President with a magic wand.

The Trump Manufacturing Jobs Boom: 10 Times Obama's Over 21 Months
It has taken a turn SOUTH...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...-manufacturing-now-its-decline-what-happened/

But this year, manufacturing has turned south and entered what Federal Reserve data show is a technical recession, or six-month slump. It seems unlikely to recover in the near future: A major survey of U.S. manufacturing purchasing managers found a negative outlook, and the other is just a whisker away from going negative for the first time since 2009.

yep, I agree! Plus, we all lose what tax cuts we have gotten in a couple of years.... if they are going to address anything, it is that..... imo

Which created more jobs?
Check the Numbers.

and YES,

But I Care.

It's a lot easier to create jobs when the unemployment rate is 8% than it is at 4%. And it's really less how many jobs compared to how many decent paying jobs. Median household income has increased to a new high under Trump. That goes for jobs paying more money. Unemployment is at a historic 50 year low, and that includes new all time records for minorities and women. We have one and a half million jobs than Americans to fill them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...-manufacturing-now-its-decline-what-happened/

But this year, manufacturing has turned south and entered what Federal Reserve data show is a technical recession, or six-month slump. It seems unlikely to recover in the near future: A major survey of U.S. manufacturing purchasing managers found a negative outlook, and the other is just a whisker away from going negative for the first time since 2009.

I only read part of it, but it seems this opinion piece states that much of it was not all because of Trump's polices.

In this case, there may have been such a thing as too much support and attention. In part, U.S. manufacturing growth was slowed by Trump’s efforts to aid it: an ongoing trade war and the dissipation of a small boost from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. But it also was hit by forces that aren’t entirely within Trump’s control, such as oil prices and a global economic slowdown.

Remember that the left has been talking about recession since before Trump took office. So far, it's been nothing but pure BS.

yep, I agree! Plus, we all lose what tax cuts we have gotten in a couple of years.... if they are going to address anything, it is that..... imo

That's all political strategy. If you want to keep your tax cuts, vote Republican. That's why they have deadlines around election time, to encourage you to keep their people in.

Which created more jobs?
Check the Numbers.

and YES,

But I Care.

I only read part of it, but it seems this opinion piece states that much of it was not all because of Trump's polices.

In this case, there may have been such a thing as too much support and attention. In part, U.S. manufacturing growth was slowed by Trump’s efforts to aid it: an ongoing trade war and the dissipation of a small boost from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. But it also was hit by forces that aren’t entirely within Trump’s control, such as oil prices and a global economic slowdown.

Remember that the left has been talking about recession since before Trump took office. So far, it's been nothing but pure BS.
Dear Lord, I am not one of them! I DO NOT want to see a recession! The hubby and I are too close to retirement and can't afford another hit to our future retirement funds! :eek:

(I've sort of been retired since around 9/11/01 but it's no fun without the hubby being off too... and I want him to be able to retire when he hits 62!!! while we are both still somewhat young and healthy, so we can still enjoy life, travel, have some fun together!) :D

Nni

MAGA!!!!

MAGA

Most people aren't in the trades. Most people have jobs they simply go to work and no expense on their part. You must have thousands of dollars in expenses if the write-offs cost you more in taxes. I don't have many write-offs, but if one year I buy a new radio or uniforms, I can't deduct anything under 500 dollars. If I hit the 500 dollar mark, it's only a few bucks in savings.

Mileage alone most years is over $20,000. Then you have food, lodging and entertainment. Yup he humped us out of a whole bunch of money.
MAGA

Which created more jobs?
Check the Numbers.

and YES,

But I Care.

the government creates jobs now?

Forum List

Back